• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jack signed Drew not so much

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Last I heard DD was in London training and he has not heard from the Kings

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DennisTFP Dennis Bernstein
Interesting quote @LAKings Willie Mitchell on Johnson/Doughty -"Jack more talented of the 2. Starting to find out what it takes defensively"
10 hours ago

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last I heard DD was in London training and he has not heard from the Kings

Drew is letting his agent handle the talks. He has been talking to coaches and others. Last rumor was the Kings has sent the agent an offer and the agent is sitting on it. My guess is the Kings will try to sign him before Sept 11th. Kings have a big meet and greet and the GM takes questions from the fans for an hour. They can get quite brutal, but the answers seem honest enough.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twitter abuzz with Drew being signed by Tuesday. Numbers are 6.8 mil for 7 years. Could just be one fool started and several fools copied.
9-11 he needs to be signed or Hockey Fest will be derailed by stupid questions

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I don't know what is taking so long to get the wheels turning, engaged in talks. Webber and Stamkos got their deals done. Who is Drews agent and who else does he represent?

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Doughty's agent is holdout king Don Meehan. Luke Scheen and Stamkos share this guy as well. To be fair Weber went to arbitration so he was getting done on that day no matter what.
In semi related news this semi reliable source claims a deal is done just waiting on the ink to dry.
Do Not Read This Drew Doughty Update S U R L Y & S C R I B E L.A. Kings Hockey Blog
Third time this off season Robert has said this so...
All I know is that Drew skipped the fan cruise because he was not signed.

Kings have their "Hockey Fest" on 9-11 and the big event at these is "Ask the GM". Fans get to ask Dean Lombardi anything they want, with no screening. They just have the Ice Girls hand a mic to people. He does not want 100 questions being about when is Drew going to be signed. The Kings will try very hard to get it done by then.

Last edited by a moderator:

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I hope so Dav but 4 days till Hockey Fest....I am not as optimistic. I agree Weber isn't a fair comparison but his deal his done. In my mind that would be the benchmark, thus far we haven't heard any figures or negotiations. All we have heard is they are working on a deal which is so vague.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it looks like you may be right to be weary. Per Helene Elliott not Doughty at Hockey Fest. That means no deal by Sunday. Maybe

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
hmm a cap hit of 7.14, does this make him the highest paid King (if he signs it)

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor tonight is Drew rejected 6.8mil for 9 years. Doesn't mention other deal put forth. I would include a link but new phone and no power for pc.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I started this thread in January, I had a feeling that Drew would be going for money. So far everything looks that way. His choice of agent, the rumored offers, the rumored demands and the fact he is not signed yet all point to ego/money issues. I know/hope a year or two (or after the Kings win the cup) from now this will be forgotten.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reread the above story. this prat stood out.
Lombardi also said he might try to speak to Doughty directly, though Doughty doesn***8217;t have to agree and can request that Lombardi talk to Meehan instead.

"I feel very confident I will be able to look Drew in the eye as well as the players in the room. Of that part, there is no doubt in my mind," Lombardi said. "I don***8217;t have a problem saying that publicly. That being said, I do think that at some point here I have to say, 'Look, here***8217;s what we***8217;re doing and why and here***8217;s why I think it***8217;s fair.' "
Seems that Dean has hit a wall with Doughty's agent and wants to talk with Drew. Dean wants to explain why he doesn't want to give Doughty more than ($$ X YY_).

I think that part of the problem is Meehan has several unsigned clients and if he cave, even a little, on one he lowers the dollars on another.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As usual I was wrong. I thought Drew would be signed and then everyone else would use his deal to get. More money. Now it looks like Drew will be the last one unsigned. I still think 7ish for 7 years is the #

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I hope Dean can get through to DD without his agent being present. This is really going on too darn long, I mean Dean went out and helped put some big pieces in this puzzle. He is committed to winning and now he just needs DD to stop thinking about $ and start thinking about the team.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw the interview with Daryl Evans talking to DL. Not much new. Only comment was Drew is going to be a King for a long time. I am taking that as a queue to ignore all the trade rumors that have and will pop up. I still don't think it is a matter of money difference, it is length of contract. Dl is playing hardball saying the final offer has been made and every day Drew misses is a day he doesn't get paid.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw the interview with Daryl Evans talking to DL. Not much new. Only comment was Drew is going to be a King for a long time. I am taking that as a queue to ignore all the trade rumors that have and will pop up. I still don't think it is a matter of money difference, it is length of contract. Dl is playing hardball saying the final offer has been made and every day Drew misses is a day he doesn't get paid.

The sooner this ends the better. Some of the ridiculous trade offers on the Isles fan site make me cringe. It's amazing what people can think up when they're just waiting for the season to start.