• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is this a statement game?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

The Lions are a medicore team who doesn't stand much of a chance at GB next week. This whole NFC North will be pretty wild. As the Bears will struggle with the Saints at home. Going to be a weird week.

I'm curious to see how many points New Orleans puts up on Chicago. If Detroit put up 40 points and basically put it on cruise control in the 2nd half to run out of the clock -- New Orleans may put 60 points up on Chicago.

Face it -- Chicago lives and dies by their defense forcing turnovers and putting up points. Chicago didn't do anything offensively until the Lions dropped into prevent mode in the 2nd half. Cutler had 160 yards with 3 picks and was 11 for 24, prior to the 4th quarter. At least Chicago fans now know, Cutler can carve up a defense when they are giving you free yards over the middle of the field. LOL.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really a statement game. Lions won at home. Winning on the road is more akin to a statement game. The only thing winning at home made as far as a statement goes is the win in Washington wasn't a fluke. Not really saying much.

String a few more wins on the road, like in Lambeau next week, and the Lions are closer to making a statement.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This coming week is the statement game. I'm not trying to be cynical - yesterday was great. But that type of performance - where everything goes right and they look formidable - is not foreign to this team. We've seen it several times over the years. And more often than not, they follow it up with a flat performance and get beat down. If they play with the same sharpness in Green Bay next week - a house of horror for them - that'll be a statement.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a big win but good teams should be expected to win their home games. Next week at green bay would be a statement.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This coming week is the statement game. I'm not trying to be cynical - yesterday was great. But that type of performance - where everything goes right and they look formidable - is not foreign to this team. We've seen it several times over the years. And more often than not, they follow it up with a flat performance and get beat down. If they play with the same sharpness in Green Bay next week - a house of horror for them - that'll be a statement.

This

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

The Lions are a medicore team who doesn't stand much of a chance at GB next week. This whole NFC North will be pretty wild. As the Bears will struggle with the Saints at home. Going to be a weird week.

If the lions are mediocre what does that make the bears? I dont disagree with the mediocre part yet, we will see how the lions fare against a legit team next week on the road. The lions have 3 wins, two against two of the worst teams in football and one against a team that i think will finish 8-8 or 7-9.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a doucher! lol We "don't stand a chance" against the Packers next week, but you're only going to "struggle" with the Saints?

Puh-lease little girl- we're the first good team you've faced and you guys got destroyed. The Saints might hang 50+ points on that sorry excuse for a once-proud defense...

I'd be surprised, Tpaul. It's a zig-zag league. Chicago's a good - not great - team that was due for a beat down. They often struggle in Detroit. I won't be at all surprised if they beat the Saints next week, who will likely be coming off a big win tonight.

And we are in a tough spot next week in GB, with the Pack coming off a bye. But we definitely do stand a chance if we stay sharp & focused....and if our front can pressure Rodgers.

Last edited by a moderator:

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the lions are mediocre what does that make the bears? I dont disagree with the mediocre part yet, we will see how the lions fare against a legit team next week on the road. The lions have 3 wins, two against two of the worst teams in football and one against a team that i think will finish 8-8 or 7-9.

Mediocre? I dont know...too much has yet to happen to label either team, imo.

Win at GB next week and thats your statement game.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mediocre? I dont know...too much has yet to happen to label either team, imo.

Win at GB next week and thats your statement game.

I was responding to richig calling the lions mediocre after we whipped the bears. I also said the gb game is the statement game.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a doucher! lol We "don't stand a chance" against the Packers next week, but you're only going to "struggle" with the Saints?

Puh-lease little girl- we're the first good team you've faced and you guys got destroyed. The Saints might hang 50+ points on that sorry excuse for a once-proud defense...

On the road in GB, versus a hungry Packer team.

Yeah, that's a tougher test than being at home versus a New Orleans team that isn't a great road team.

Both teams will struggle.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, that's the pussy way of setting yourself up to save embarrassment if your team does lose. Every single one of them felt their team was going to win.

No... no, we really didn't.

That's why we picked the Lions.

Believe it or not, some fans ACTUALLY have the ability to not be emotionally attached children, and realize the downfalls of their team that could lead them to drop a fairly tough game on the road.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious to see how many points New Orleans puts up on Chicago. If Detroit put up 40 points and basically put it on cruise control in the 2nd half to run out of the clock -- New Orleans may put 60 points up on Chicago.

Yeah, it could get ugly. No doubt. Glad we're at home and not in the dome. That would be really ugly.

Face it -- Chicago lives and dies by their defense forcing turnovers and putting up points. Chicago didn't do anything offensively until the Lions dropped into prevent mode in the 2nd half. Cutler had 160 yards with 3 picks and was 11 for 24, prior to the 4th quarter. At least Chicago fans now know, Cutler can carve up a defense when they are giving you free yards over the middle of the field. LOL.

Yeah, Cutler had a pretty bad day. Although, I wouldn't say the Bears live and die by their defense right now. AT ALL.

Cutler saved the Bears ass in all three of the Bears wins.

WMU1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe it or not, some fans ACTUALLY have the ability to not be emotionally attached children...

...but you are not one of them.

This is my first critique of your behavior. I had hoped you would just disappear so we did not have to deal with your childish behavior. Your motivation in your original post was not to make chat buddies in here by telling us how the Lions were going to win. It was to rub it in when the Lions proved you right that they "are not a very good team" but you failed. Some emotionally attached children would not be able to let it go and just fade away. Try it.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No... no, we really didn't.

That's why we picked the Lions.

Believe it or not, some fans ACTUALLY have the ability to not be emotionally attached children, and realize the downfalls of their team that could lead them to drop a fairly tough game on the road.

Hmmm, and yet you have a thread started on your board entitled "Okay, now that I've calmed down". It would appear that you arent one of those fans that ACTUALLY have the ability to not be an emotionally attached child. You needed time to calm down from a game you didnt expect to win hey? An awful lot of irony in that statement.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly for Detroit every divisional game is a statement game.

Coming off the piss poor 2012 season Detroit needs momentum and they need to win in the division. Every win counts as 9-7 may make the playoffs but that 9-7 will have had to win in division and conference.

Until Detroit can win in division they will be suspect. Splitting with Chicago and Green Bay while sweeping the Vikings may not be enough.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This upcoming Sunday would be a statement win, for the team and especially for Schwartz. (And would put us at no less than .500 for the season in the division) Haven't won in Wisconsin since the Fontes administration. This past week was a Big Win. But it was a home game against a team with a new coach.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree - dominating an aging Bears team is nothing to crow about. If they win this week the playoffs are a real possibility.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I find odd is that before the game I was telling myself the Bears would be a true test. We dominated them and I immediately discredit the win. This was a great win and I only hope I can be having the same thoughts this same time next week.

WMU1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree - dominating an aging Bears team is nothing to crow about. If they win this week the playoffs are a real possibility.
Why piss in my Kool-Aid?
Any time you beat the Bears it is time to CROW.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGn5VJCBkHI]Crow Call Sound Effect - YouTube[/ame]

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why piss in my Kool-Aid?
Any time you beat the Bears it is time to CROW.
Crow Call Sound Effect - YouTube

Nothing wrong with crowing about beating the bears but good teams should win their home games against average division rivals.
If they can win at gb the team most likely to win the division then that would be a statement not only to the nfc north, but the rest of the nfl.