• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Jeff Fisher for real?

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My problem with the last play was 2 frame, empty backfield and a fade against the 1 of 2 of the biggest CBs in the NFL, really? There were so many more options then that.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am telling you, weed interferes with protein synthesis in the nerve centers of the Hippocampus which is the center for longterm memory. You want to rot your longterm memory just keep doing that weed. Actually the calming effect comes from the deep rhythymic breathing, not the weed.
Weed-image.png

“The best way I would describe the effect of the marijuana and the hashish is that it would make me relaxed and creative.” ~ Steve Jobs

Whatcha got for creativity retro?

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It diverts my attention from the game that just aggravated the crap out of me and allowed me to relax. I am not a big smoker, just the occasional dalliance. My memory is already gone from the artificial sweeteners in diet soda regardless.

what da??...is this some kind of remedy for disgruntled RAM fans after a 10 year losing steak??:wtf2:

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My problem with the last play was 2 frame, empty backfield and a fade against the 1 of 2 of the biggest CBs in the NFL, really? There were so many more options then that.
My problem with the last play is that it didn't match our personnel. My issue here is with Schottenheimer. I don't expect every play to succeed. I do expect every play to have a good chance to succeed. We took a time-out prior to the last play. The OC must know what each player does well and have a list of plays that will work best for the combination of players on the field. If he wants to run a particular play he has to have the correct personnel in the key positions.

I don't believe Stacy was healthy enough to be a factor for the last play. He's an inside runner who struggles to catch anything other than a perfect pass that's thrown softly. He's not a goal-line threat outside the backfield. Either keep him in the backfield as a running threat/decoy or keep him off the field. Lining him up as a receiver was a complete waste.

Quick is still at the beginner level for WRs. He doesn't produce other than on slants, back-shoulder patterns and go routes. Since the last 2 don't work at the goal-line he's a single option receiver. If you play him at the goal-line you have to put him in the slot and throw inside. I doubt he could convert a fade/corner route, (which is the toughest catch in football), even if he was 1-on-1 with a DT.

Fade/corner routes require a near perfect throw. Why did we expect it from a back-up QB?

A few things i'd like to add:

I like Richardson but he's a waste in goal-line situations. He isn't patient enough to run behind a FB and he isn't strong enough to force his way in. Giving him the ball at the 2 yard line will only work about 25% of the time. There are always better % options. He's not even a receiving threat. I don't have a problem letting him run in 3rd & 1 situations at midfield, (from a spread formation). If the defense stacks the line he has enough speed to take it the distance if he breaks through.

Austin's speed is of no use at the goal-line. His lack of size and strength is a disadvantage. He leads the league in drops partly because he hasn't got strong hands. He shouldn't be part of the red-zone package.

The Seahawks CBs match up well with opposing WRs and no team is easy to pound the ball in against. Why didn't we try a 4 TE & Pettis package that had goal-line success against the Titans?

Teams will make goal-line stands from time to time. I give the Seahawks credit for what they did. I just wish we had made things tougher for them.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seem to always like what you've got to say fastforward, good post brother!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle D bent but wouldn't break. When's the last time you saw a swing pass to the RB outside for a short TD?

With a good D, if you can't run the ball you have to spread everyone out and if everyone is covered quickly, that's when the QB has to have balls to run it up the middle and a few jukes won't hurt either. That Seattle D wasn't going to give up a TD easy people.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether we had any offensive talent on this team or not we'll never know it as long as Shottenheimer is the OC. The man could put a banquet hall full of insomniacs to sleep with his offense---3 yard passes and a cloud of dust. Can anyone please tell me when Shottenheimer had an effective offense in his career----EVER?? I'm sure he has a family that loves him so I have to be careful, but in ancient days he'd have been stoned to death for his offensive heresy. Now it just appears that he's stoned, with his archaic cave-man offense.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether we had any offensive talent on this team or not we'll never know it as long as Shottenheimer is the OC. The man could put a banquet hall full of insomniacs to sleep with his offense---3 yard passes and a cloud of dust. Can anyone please tell me when Shottenheimer had an effective offense in his career----EVER?? I'm sure he has a family that loves him so I have to be careful, but in ancient days he'd have been stoned to death for his offensive heresy. Now it just appears that he's stoned, with his archaic cave-man offense.
In many ways our OC seems like the High School coach that inherits a team of underclassmen. Now just how simple can I make this for these guys? I know I'll run the veer. lol The problem being this isn't high school these are suppose to be professional football players all at the top of their game since pee wee league. This season is a bust. What happens from this point on is more on Fisher than anyone IMHO.