• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Clowney quitting on S. Carolina

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sitting here thinking which happens 1st:

Rondo plays a game in a Celtic uniform or he is trade?

Rondo goes nowhere. But that's not really relevant to this topic.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I has to effect his draft stock. I mean teams want good players and hate to risk it with players who bring drama no matter who they are. Drama brings hurt to a program.
The only thing that would hurt his draft stock is a major injury or a disappointing year.

"Clowney played two years with Marcus Lattimore, who saw his first-round projection disappear with a season-ending injury. Lattimore went as a fourth-round compensatory pick to San Francisco, signing for four years and $2.46 million, just $300,000 of that guaranteed. Say Clowney goes third: he'd get a contract similar to that of 2013 third overall pick Dion Jordan, who's getting $20 million over four years, with about $13 million guaranteed.

He needn't even fear injury. A disappointing year could cost him tens of millions, as Matt Barkley found out when he chose to return for his senior season. Clowney's already had a slow start to his 2013, but it's not clear how much of that is due to illness and injury, offenses running away from his side, or just not being able to live up to the hype. It's in Clowney's best interest to cut things short, and it carries no drawback. USA Today spoke to two NFL executives who agree that as long as he's in shape and healthy coming into the draft, "no one cares" if his junior season is a wash.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2QBLrA0OT4]Steve Spurrier 'clears the air' about Jadeveon Clowney - YouTube[/ame]

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That big pussy. Our boy Martin Jenkins is playin' through the pain.

Martin Jenkins has become a human form of the child’s game Operation.
It was revealed in the preseason he has, as Swinney termed it, an “arthritic butt.” His shoulder popped out in the games against Georgia and Wake Forest, which is expected to hound Jenkins throughout his junior season.

And now, count two more odd injuries for the cornerback suffered against Syracuse.

“Martin Jenkins broke his thumb, played the whole second half, his tooth broke, spit his tooth out, he’s still out there playing 50-something plays,” Swinney said. “We’ve got a lot of guys like that playing through some nicks and bumps. Appreciate their effort.

Clemson notes: Bring on Florida State? Not so fast, Swinney says – The Post and Courier

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess a better question is did he ever start this year? I have seen a few games by SC this year and i cant remember more than a time or two they mentioned his name for a play. They talked him up like he is the next coming of Jesus Christ, but i never saw him make a notable play. Best to sit his ass even if he wants to play to prove a point to him. He is not bigger than the team.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg McElroy played the end of the 2009 season and the 4th quarter of the SECCG with 2 cracked ribs.

Last year, A.J. McCarron played the last 6 games with injured ribs. 3 of the ribs had "come out of place".

That's all I know about that.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just looks bad that he decided to pull himself out of the game. I get that Clowney wants to "save" himself for the NFL, but I don't think NFL execs and scouts look at that favorably If a team is going to use a top 5 pick on him they're going to want you to go if you're cleared to play, even if it's on a snap count.

Whether or not it's reality, Clowney is opening himself up to the perception that he is soft.

rjshull

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a little harsh. bruised ribs are actually painful. I have 0 idea how badly they are bruised. Playing DL with that injury is much different than playing QB. I am not quite ready to question the kids character.

come on man, this is Football, you are supposed to play when you are banged up, Get a flack jacket and he will be fine. When I was a Sophmore I broke three ribs during the first game of the year, I was the starting MLB/FB, I finished the game, went to the ER after the gmae, and started every game through the State Championships, which we lost. I then turned around and played basketball as the 6th man and made it to the Final Four. So don't give me this crap that DL is harder than QB because obviously you never played with broken ribs.

Also, this was not the first time I have called Clowney's character into question, if it wasn't for a blown call he would not have had that big hit, and with out it he would be nothing. He was manhandled by Lewan all game and he did nothing. This move jsut goes to further my thought that he is a entitled pussy.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
only for tough guy posters. I dont like to bash 20 yr old kids with limited information.

What?!? You clearly don't understand how sports message boards work then!!:lol:

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course he's quitting on the team.
he's more interested in getting into the NFL uninjured than anything else. fuck the team.
this isn't anything new. happens all the time with a lot of teams.
it's a cancer that does nothing but grow, and spurrier would be helping his team if he just dismissed this piece of shit right now.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's another Haynesworth in the making.

Bookmark it.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I waited on you to post it in here. I couldn't take it anymore and had to share.

Yeah, living in Columbia, I've already dealt with all the coots rationalizing and defending him; if he's hurt, either the training staff are a bunch of idiots (doubtful as I've met most of the trainers and docs), Spurrier isn't getting information from his training staff (also doubtful), or Clowney is a head case.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg McElroy played the end of the 2009 season and the 4th quarter of the SECCG with 2 cracked ribs.

Last year, A.J. McCarron played the last 6 games with injured ribs. 3 of the ribs had "come out of place".

That's all I know about that.

2fed92a1-4d3a-4ba2-b630-a1f029281762_zps34d37e13.jpg