• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Cleveland going to be THAT good?

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, fine with that (even WalterFootball gave it an A+ grade for the Browns). Let's see how it pans out. Happy to eat crow - expect everyone NOT on that short list to do the same.

I am in that group also....He is a head case like T.O.....full of talent, and even fuller of DRAMA...
Him and Baker will butt heads, more likely than not and that equals distraction...
Anyone remember the Dream Team Eagles some years back ?
Signed all those high caliber players and were the paper champs before the season started...
They found out that all talent don't mesh together as they went on to a disastrous year....
Too many Chiefs and not enough Indians is a losing combination...

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All in all, steady improvement is great. Their window is just beginning to open. If they go 10-6 this year, I'll be very happy. Contending for the division should be the expectation, but winning it would be amazing. Either way, they're definitely going to be a fun team to watch.

An optimistic, while also realistic summation of what we should expect from the Browns this year. They should be fun to watch.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jet vs Steelers don't really have a rivalry, but you make a good point here and doing so you point out the obvious...Mike Tomlin has a penchant for losing at least 1 game every year to a team they are favored to beat.

Games @ SF, @ AZ, and @ NYJ are all pitfall games for the Steelers.

I would feel much better if it was primetime, but PIT @ NYJ is currently projected to be a 1p game and one I don't expect will be on anywhere but PIT and the metro NY area, maybe a few spot markets in the northeast.

It's actually a possible Saturday night game I thought?

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think comical would be putting it nicely. They've been a trainwreck nearly every season since coming back. I was born in 1984, and in my entire life this team hasn't been this talented.

I'm extremely excited, but obviously will wait to see what happens before talking too much shit. That said, this team has a much different feel to it. Even when they went 10-6 in 07, I wasn't nearly as excited because I knew Derek Anderson was shit. Mayfield is our most talented QB in decades, and if he puts it together and continues to lead this team and get them to buy in, there seem to be very bright days ahead.
Too bad you don't remember much from the late 80s "glory" years.

As I told my son during the Cavs' title parade, the Browns just winning the division would dwarf that for excitement in this city.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did that offense work without Fitzpatrick? I remember it being awful in the second half. I’m still not sold on him after 1 good, but wildly inconsistent year. This team will take at least a year to gel before they truly contend, IMO.
Possible, but Kitchens is still calling the plays.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had Cleveland as a 9-7 or 10-6 team before the ODB trade. Then it looked like they could go 12-4 or 13-3. Then the schedule gave them their best games in a short radius like Jets/Rams, 49ers/Seahawks, Pats/Broncos/Bills/Steelers, and having to go to Arizona on their third straight home game. No matter what they face tough challenges but they are good enough to win most games on their schedule.

As someone said, Cleveland would have been a playoff team had they had a kicker and fired Hue earlier. Given that my Saints lost as a 1 seed it didn't even matter.
Maybe, but if they had a kicker Hue might have kept his job....so better it went down like it did.