• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's 4 games suspension upheld, he cheated and honestly I have no doubt. Time to man up and take the 4 games.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's 4 games suspension upheld, he cheated and honestly I have no doubt. Time to man up and take the 4 games.
I have two issues with that.
First if it wasn't on the list then he shouldn't be suspended for it. This is not rocket science and shouldn't require a chemist to figure out it's make up. Put it on the list and call it JE11.

Second how exactly was the specimen mishandled? No where have I ever seen a urine specimen mishandled and yet still found to be a viable sample? Only in Rogers Mickey Mouse court. Sorry this is ludicrous.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First if it wasn't on the list then he shouldn't be suspended for it. This is not rocket science and shouldn't require a chemist to figure out it's make up. Put it on the list and call it JE11.

Second how exactly was the specimen mishandled? No where have I ever seen a urine specimen mishandled and yet still found to be a viable sample? Only in Rogers Mickey Mouse court. Sorry this is ludicrous.
Well what you feel does not matter one single bit. He was suspended, appealed it, lost the appeal so bam guilty.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't believe that his lawyers are/were claiming that the sample itself was mishandled. They tried to pin their defense on the fact that some of the league's (or the firm that does the testing) paperwork regarding this case was not filled or handled in a timely manner or some crap like that.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was a football player in my prime and recovering from an injury, I'd do whatever was helpful to get back.
If it was not an allowed substance, I'd get off before the season started.
They do test during off-season and Edelman got caught. The 4 game suspension will give him extra time.
NE gets to hold on to another receiver for 4 games. Might be good for the team.
Only downside: a couple of months of Edelman "news"

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First four games are against 9/9 Texans at home, 9/16 Jags in Jacksonville, 9/23 Lions in Detroit and 9/30 Miami at home. Jags and Texans are favorites to win their division.

Edelman is considering taking the appeal to court. The NFL still is not sure what the substance was that was in Edelman's urine. I still have not anyone on any Boston outlet even guess. The only thing I heard was that it has a similar strain found in a banned substance or it's similar to a PED mask. The NFL cannot ban it if they can't identify it.

It's like saying that Percoset is banned. You take 500 mg Naproxem Sodium and you get suspended for taking a similar substance?? Naproxem is over the counter Aleve.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First four games are against 9/9 Texans at home, 9/16 Jags in Jacksonville, 9/23 Lions in Detroit and 9/30 Miami at home. Jags and Texans are favorites to win their division.

Edelman is considering taking the appeal to court. The NFL still is not sure what the substance was that was in Edelman's urine. I still have not anyone on any Boston outlet even guess. The only thing I heard was that it has a similar strain found in a banned substance or it's similar to a PED mask. The NFL cannot ban it if they can't identify it.

It's like saying that Percoset is banned. You take 500 mg Naproxem Sodium and you get suspended for taking a similar substance?? Naproxem is over the counter Aleve.
what happened to edelman taking down the system

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only in the court of Goodell can this happen. Ridiculous and a strike is eminent. Players will not give Roger this willy nilly power again.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only in the court of Goodell can this happen. Ridiculous and a strike is eminent. Players will not give Roger this willy nilly power again.

As long as the NFLPA is led by DeMaurice Smith the players will continue to take it in the ass from the league office. That fella is a moron.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as the NFLPA is led by DeMaurice Smith the players will continue to take it in the ass from the league office. That fella is a moron.
Even with him as the rep I think the next CBA will cause a strike.
players are fed up with this crap and who can blame them? It likely gets worse before it gets better.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with him as the rep I think the next CBA will cause a strike.
players are fed up with this crap and who can blame them? It likely gets worse before it gets better.

They might strike, but if DeMoron is the head of the NFLPA they will get crushed................... again.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who said the NFL can't ban if they cannot identify it? Or is that just a personal opinion? Honestly, they did suspend his so they can, they went to appeal courts and lost, so they can, not sure why you or anyone else fells they can't when they damn sure have done it and won the appeal.

Time for people to remove their the infallible Patriots homers glasses and realize JE did take something and it was worthy of suspension. The Pats did film and I have little doubt someone did deflate some footballs. Doens't make me any less of a fan just a realist.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they should not, nor should they have to begin with.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said the NFL can't ban if they cannot identify it? Or is that just a personal opinion? Honestly, they did suspend his so they can, they went to appeal courts and lost, so they can, not sure why you or anyone else fells they can't when they damn sure have done it and won the appeal.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. Edelman did NOT go to Appeals Court. His case was heard by an Independent Arbitrator assigned by the NFL and agreed to by the NFLPA. The Arbitrator stated that he did not have enough evidence provided by Edelman that the substance found in his system was not a PED or Mask. He did , in fact, say the the handling of the sample to the lab was not in question, but that the handling of the results information was horrible.

To this day, the NFL cannot identify the substance found in Edelman's urine.

What I'm saying is that until they they can fully determine what they've found, they should be suspending any player. You can't unring a bell. So if the substance is determined NOT to be a PED or Mask, the league can't replay the four games he missed, they can only repay him his salary.

In my opinion, the players are going to buttfuck the NFL during the next CBA. It wouldn't surprise me if they banned any and all drug testing. I get hurt making you billions, and sacrifice my body on a weekly basis. I'm not going to let you tell me how to heal my injuries.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong, wrong, wrong. Edelman did NOT go to Appeals Court. His case was heard by an Independent Arbitrator assigned by the NFL and agreed to by the NFLPA. The Arbitrator stated that he did not have enough evidence provided by Edelman that the substance found in his system was not a PED or Mask. He did , in fact, say the the handling of the sample to the lab was not in question, but that the handling of the results information was horrible.

To this day, the NFL cannot identify the substance found in Edelman's urine.

What I'm saying is that until they they can fully determine what they've found, they should be suspending any player. You can't unring a bell. So if the substance is determined NOT to be a PED or Mask, the league can't replay the four games he missed, they can only repay him his salary.

In my opinion, the players are going to buttfuck the NFL during the next CBA. It wouldn't surprise me if they banned any and all drug testing. I get hurt making you billions, and sacrifice my body on a weekly basis. I'm not going to let you tell me how to heal my injuries.

Fine dude an independent arbitrator who concurred with the league. Which IMO makes the league look even better. The dude was agreed upon by NFLPA and still took side with the NFL. So the arbitrator basically said " Hey nice try Jules but you really cannot show where it was not a PED" yet the league can show the chemical makeup is consistent with the chemical make up of known PEDs and you want to hand your homer hat on " Yeah but they don't know the name of the chemical therefore he is not guilty". Again they know the chemical makeup is consistent with items on the list.

Why didn't JE go to the team doctors and ask? Team doctors can tell him and if they do not have an answer the team would run that right up through the league office. JE put himself in this situation and he will end up hurting the team because he thought he could outsmart the league. Well that shit backfired.

I can't wrap my head around why you so staunchly defend situations when this team is known to cheat, and in this instance this player. If you want feel compelled to keep a close mind about things there is nothing I can do. But nowhere does it state the league has to be able to identify the item.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edelman’s suspension was upheld by a truly independent arbitrator

"
As previously surmised, that seemed to be a clever P.R. strategy aimed at creating the impression that the unrecognized substance possibly wasn’t a PED. However, the full context of the PED policy suggests the league determined that, even though the specific substance may not have fit within more than 70 specific anabolic compounds listed in the policy, the thing for which Edelman tested positive nevertheless had “a similar chemical structure and similar biological effect(s)” to an anabolic agent.

Regardless of the specifics, the generalities paint a clear picture: Edelman received a fair opportunity to argue his case, and a truly independent arbitrator wasn’t impressed. He’ll serve his four-game suspension, barring a highly unlikely legal Hail Mary that becomes even more difficult when the arbitrator is truly independent."

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Time for people to remove their the infallible Patriots homers glasses and realize JE did take something and it was worthy of suspension. The Pats did film and I have little doubt someone did deflate some footballs. Doens't make me any less of a fan just a realist.

Did it go to appeals court or did it go to the NFL for appeal

I believe the process is NFL Appeal, Arbitrator, then the legal system.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PED appeals are by independent arbitrator now, that was the tradeoff for the players agreeing to HGH testing