• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do recall when he came out of TCU they stated he was a road grader. Maybe he has or is developing into that expectation?

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cannon was always a decent to very good run blocker, however it was the pass rush he struggled with during his first 4 or 5 years on the team. I was mortified when NE gave him the big contract extension, thinking that he was going to get Brady killed if he became the starter at RT.

Thankfully Scar came back from retirement and Marcus blossomed into a pretty darn good all around RT. Too bad the ankle injury shelved him for the 2 half of last year because he was playing very well.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julian Edelman had his appeal hearing yesterday afternoon. Weird thing is, he didn't go alone. He brought a criminal defense attorney with him. Robert Spiro. For the educated, you'll immediately recognize that name.................................Aaron Hernandez's defense attorney.

No one was in the hearing other than NFL staff and the NFL legal people, the NFLPA and their legal people and Edelman and his legal people. The only thing that is known is that the hearing lasted a hell of a lot longer than any previous appeal, including Brady's for Deflategate.

The local Boston media all went in search of legal experts to try to get some idea of what the hell went on yesterday. It was pretty funny because before any one of them even started, they prefaced their remarks with......"I was not in the hearing room and have no first hand information. I am only supposing what I feel could have been discussed and what I might have done if I was representing Julian Edelman." Basically, "I don't have a freakin' clue what happened, but I'm getting paid well, so here goes...."

They all would immediately push the NFL into a corner and force them to make a correct and medically correct description of what they found and how it is a PED.

They would then push the NFL into another corner and asked them how and who had access to the test results and how those results got ESPN and Sports Illustrated.

None believed that Spiro main intent was to defend Edelman but that he was there as an attack dog. To a man, they think that JE has case that he could easily win in court over handing of the sample and even more, the results.

The NFL did announce yesterday that the handling of the results was wrong. They still don't know what it is that they found in the urine. A new drug? A new natural supplement that appears as a drug? A new masking agent? Or a mistake by the lab?

Don't change that dial.......................................................................

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name correction............Alex Spiro, not Robert. Spiro has defended many NBA players in litigation against the leagie.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name correction............Alex Spiro, not Robert. Spiro has defended many NBA players in litigation against the leagie.
So long as it's not Spiro Agnew

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't hold my breath. It's the NFL vs a NE Patriot. Game over Jules.....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julian Edelman's representatives argued Monday that mistakes made in testing and other processes led to the New England Patriots wide receiver's four-game suspension under the NFL's performance-enhancing substances policy, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported.

The arguments were made during an often contentious suspension appeal hearing in front of arbitrator Glenn Wong, Pelissero reported. A decision on Edelman's appeal isn't expected imminently, Pelissero added, and there's a chance it could come next week. A federal lawsuit remains an option for Edelman if the suspension isn't vacated.

According to reports, Glen Wong is an excellent arbitrator and in the past has ruled in favor of the defendants. He has no patience with any bullshit and will come down viciously if either side tries anything underhanded. If he suspects that the NFL mishandled any part of Edelman's test incorrectly, he will vacate the suspension and rip the NFL a new asshole.

I'm still trying to figure out how Tom Pelissero got his inside information. The hearing on Monday was closed to anyone and everyone outside of the legal people for Edelman, the NFL and NFLPA.
Sounds like the NFL's legal team has oral diarreah.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julian Edelman's representatives argued Monday that mistakes made in testing and other processes led to the New England Patriots wide receiver's four-game suspension under the NFL's performance-enhancing substances policy, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported.

The arguments were made during an often contentious suspension appeal hearing in front of arbitrator Glenn Wong, Pelissero reported. A decision on Edelman's appeal isn't expected imminently, Pelissero added, and there's a chance it could come next week. A federal lawsuit remains an option for Edelman if the suspension isn't vacated.

According to reports, Glen Wong is an excellent arbitrator and in the past has ruled in favor of the defendants. He has no patience with any bullshit and will come down viciously if either side tries anything underhanded. If he suspects that the NFL mishandled any part of Edelman's test incorrectly, he will vacate the suspension and rip the NFL a new asshole.

I'm still trying to figure out how Tom Pelissero got his inside information. The hearing on Monday was closed to anyone and everyone outside of the legal people for Edelman, the NFL and NFLPA.

Part of me wants Jules to lose this, solely for the purpose of not winding up the trolls.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of me wants Jules to lose this, solely for the purpose of not winding up the trolls.

I was kinda thinking 4 weeks off would be just enough time for Jules to rest up for the remainder of the season and time for the new receivers to get the offense down with Brady.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trolls will be there regardless... success breeds contempt.
no troll. I think it will be that the NFL has laid down some suspensions without evidence. So to overturn one, is gonna just add to things, just MO

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL still hasn't been able to identify what they "think" might be an illegal substance. They don't know what it is, so they've made the decision to possibly suspend a player for having tiger penis powder in his urine. If they can't identify it it, it has to be bad. So a player has freeze dried afterbirth pwder in his urine and of course it's a PED.

Edelman has basically warned the NFL that their action is going to have to be defended in court.

What's going to be worse is the 'chain of command' or lack there of, is going to be blown wide open. Goodell and his boys better buy a couple of cases of KY.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL still hasn't been able to identify what they "think" might be an illegal substance. They don't know what it is, so they've made the decision to possibly suspend a player for having tiger penis powder in his urine. If they can't identify it it, it has to be bad. So a player has freeze dried afterbirth pwder in his urine and of course it's a PED.

Edelman has basically warned the NFL that their action is going to have to be defended in court.

What's going to be worse is the 'chain of command' or lack there of, is going to be blown wide open. Goodell and his boys better buy a couple of cases of KY.
u think edelmans bringing more than anything thats beeen brought against the nfl in the past? pats, steelers, cowboys

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got a known pit bull lawyer in Alex Spiros. This guys is one ruthless prick with very high Law IQ and he's literally renovated the NBA's entrails. He doesn't take cases that he can't win which leads me to believe that thinks he has the NFL by the short hairs. The biggest problem for the NFL is HIPPA. They broke federal law when the test results were leaked. Not only did they leak info which has not been medically or clinically established, they put Julian Edelman's name out there with it.

It's not just personal thing for Edelman, the NFL broke federal law by allowing medical information to be given to a person that is not medically connected to the urine test.

My wife trained lawyers and employees in the insurance industry on HIPPA for years. Even accidentally allowing medical information outside is serious and the fines are in the $Millions, to do so with total disregard for the law is a minimum of 25 years in federal prison.

My gut tells me that JE's lawyer will start with the information being leaked and of course the drug being unidentifiable. Then he can turn to the Department of Justice and go straight for Goodell.
The NFL doesn't have enough toilet paper to clean up this mess. Considering that Spiros could include every owner as also being responsible, my guess is that they all start to call Bob Kraft and ask him to call off the dog and the whole thing will disappear. Then again if JE does have a case, he may not drop it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Few things here...Why are you automatically assuming it was the NFL that has released private information? If what you are saying here is true then this sounds like the story telling of Edelman's side. If it was the NFL it would sound more in their favor so I'm sorry but this sounds more like a jaded Pats fan just hoping things go in his direction than anything based in fact.

Second, who cares if he went and hired a pitbull of a lawyer. Do you think the NFL only hires kittens to represent them? There is a reason they are pretty much undefeated in these cases because they have the best of the best lawyers that are not afraid to fight dirty.

Finally honestly while it might not be best for Edelman's checking account it honestly might be in his best interest to miss a few games and get healed up all the more. The Pats will be fine without him for a few games.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few things here...Why are you automatically assuming it was the NFL that has released private information? If what you are saying here is true then this sounds like the story telling of Edelman's side. If it was the NFL it would sound more in their favor so I'm sorry but this sounds more like a jaded Pats fan just hoping things go in his direction than anything based in fact.

Second, who cares if he went and hired a pitbull of a lawyer. Do you think the NFL only hires kittens to represent them? There is a reason they are pretty much undefeated in these cases because they have the best of the best lawyers that are not afraid to fight dirty.

Finally honestly while it might not be best for Edelman's checking account it honestly might be in his best interest to miss a few games and get healed up all the more. The Pats will be fine without him for a few games.

What is it that you don't understand about the 'chain of command' regarding medical information?

If the lab that did the testing released any information of any kind, they'd be shut down in less time than a fart takes to smell. Perfect example is the lab in Mass. that gave the police lab results and the CEO and CFO are in prison and the labs is gone. Only two groups have access to the info, the lab and the NFL. My personal opinion is that the lab doesn't have any direct contact with ESPN or Sports Illustrated. Same can't be said for the NFL.

Why doesn't 247 do a little journalistic investigation into how that info got out?? Too much work?? Heaven forbid that they bite the hands that feeds them, eh??

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Jaded Pats Fan" Funny. I have learned to accept it as a badge of honor that any negative tidbit is swallowed whole by the haters and jealous.

With that in context, The New York Gang has tried repeatedly to sully the Patriots reputation. Why should I not hope that the NFL office gets what they deserve? The next collective bargaining agreement might be a bitch.....