• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is it that you don't understand about the 'chain of command' regarding medical information?

If the lab that did the testing released any information of any kind, they'd be shut down in less time than a fart takes to smell. Perfect example is the lab in Mass. that gave the police lab results and the CEO and CFO are in prison and the labs is gone. Only two groups have access to the info, the lab and the NFL. My personal opinion is that the lab doesn't have any direct contact with ESPN or Sports Illustrated. Same can't be said for the NFL.

Why doesn't 247 do a little journalistic investigation into how that info got out?? Too much work?? Heaven forbid that they bite the hands that feeds them, eh??

The NFL may also be culpable regardless. It's a firm they hired to test their samples. If that chain of custody has even has a miniscule gap in it then, it has to be thrown out. The NFL will go after the lab and the lab will fight the NFL if it doesn't get settled first.

After more Jerry Jones et al pleading for RK/JE to drop the suit for the "good" of the NFL naturally.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Jaded Pats Fan" Funny. I have learned to accept it as a badge of honor that any negative tidbit is swallowed whole by the haters and jealous.

With that in context, The New York Gang has tried repeatedly to sully the Patriots reputation. Why should I not hope that the NFL office gets what they deserve? The next collective bargaining agreement might be a bitch.....
A strike is coming I fear? Owners are tired of this kangaroo court. Either that or Goodell resigns prior. No way he gets this much power again.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman won because his actual sample was mishandled, the container was damaged. Edelman is claiming his paperwork was mishandled, not the sample itself. And they can't suspend a player just for having any unknown substance in the sample, it has to be a substance with similar chemical structure to a known PED, because we all know the designer PED's are constantly evolving, but the baseline chemistry is still pretty much the same. So let's not kid ourselves, JE did some shit, he got caught, and there's pretty much zero chance he's getting off regardless of how big and tough his lawyers are. And if he does get off, it will only be on a technicality, just like Sherman, not because JE didn't do something wrong.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let's not kid ourselves, JE did some shit, he got caught, and there's pretty much zero chance he's getting off regardless of how big and tough his lawyers are. And if he does get off, it will only be on a technicality, just like Sherman, not because JE didn't do something wrong.

Please provide your proof that he did anything wrong.

If the whatever was in his body can't be defined by today's technology, then there is no legal ground for punishment. The league should have requested another sample and told Edelman that they found an unknown substance and need more urine to check it further.

It's like a child believing that there are monsters under the bed when the lights are out. There only way to prove there are no monsters is to get under the bed with the child in the dark and prove it.

If the NFL believes that the substance is a PED, then prove it. If it's a PED mask, prove it. Otherwise, STFU.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The test results are the proof. If you want to keep your head in the sand and disregard how chemistry works and how the league's PED policy works, I don't have anything else to tell you.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman won because his actual sample was mishandled, the container was damaged. Edelman is claiming his paperwork was mishandled, not the sample itself. And they can't suspend a player just for having any unknown substance in the sample, it has to be a substance with similar chemical structure to a known PED, because we all know the designer PED's are constantly evolving, but the baseline chemistry is still pretty much the same. So let's not kid ourselves, JE did some shit, he got caught, and there's pretty much zero chance he's getting off regardless of how big and tough his lawyers are. And if he does get off, it will only be on a technicality, just like Sherman, not because JE didn't do something wrong.

I agree

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please provide your proof that he did anything wrong.

If the whatever was in his body can't be defined by today's technology, then there is no legal ground for punishment. The league should have requested another sample and told Edelman that they found an unknown substance and need more urine to check it further.

It's like a child believing that there are monsters under the bed when the lights are out. There only way to prove there are no monsters is to get under the bed with the child in the dark and prove it.

If the NFL believes that the substance is a PED, then prove it. If it's a PED mask, prove it. Otherwise, STFU.

So you really feel as if JE did not do anything?

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the whatever was in his body can't be defined by today's technology, then there is no legal ground for punishment.
It was defined by today's technology as being a substance with similar chemical makeup and effect to one of the known banned substances. It wasn't magic fairy dust. And in that case, there is grounds for punishment as spelled out in the league's collectively-bargained PED policy.
No, it's like a child believing there's a monster under his bed, and when you turn the lights on and look under the bed, there's a monster that you've never seen a picture of before under there.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you really feel as if JE did not do anything?

I honestly don't know. No one has shown what the substance is, or it's chemical make up. I'm not a chemical engineer or a medical expert. I haven't seen anything as to exactly what they found.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was defined by today's technology as being a substance with similar chemical makeup and effect to one of the known banned substances. It wasn't magic fairy dust. And in that case, there is grounds for punishment as spelled out in the league's collectively-bargained PED policy.

Can you provide a link where the substance was chemically or medically defined? What was the banned substance that it was similar to? I see and read almost everything in the Boston area daily and I have not seen or read anything even close to what you say you know for 100% sure .

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post hoc ergo propter hoc, dude.

IOW...THEY COULD NOT HAVE SUSPENDED HIM IF THE TEST RESULTS DID NOT FIT THAT CRITERIA. Period. Full stop. You're desperately clinging to the misguided notion that because it was defined in the media as an "unknown substance" that it means it must've been because he ate some tainted sushi at the Kowloon or some shit. It was still chemically a PED, it just wasn't one of the ones on the "official" list, but the policy clearly states that a substance that is chemically similar to one of the known ones is grounds for suspension. If it looks like a duck...

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't know. No one has shown what the substance is, or it's chemical make up. I'm not a chemical engineer or a medical expert. I haven't seen anything as to exactly what they found.
But think about this for a minute. The league stated the chemical makeup of the urine was consistent with that of the list of disapproved substances. Then consider the fact he is not appealing the fact his urine was hot, he is appealing the way it was handled. Something is damn sure up the question becomes can he get over on a loophole or technicality not did he or did he not take a PED.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unknown substance to me is the key. Did Julian try to cheat who knows but he took something that the league doesn't like and it's not like the league can't do whatever they want to do.... Let's just see how this whole thing pans out

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO...If it's not on the list of banned substance, then he should not be suspended. If they can't identify the substance, he should not be suspended. If they find out this substance is PED based, but not on the list, he should not be suspended. The point is, he was suspended for a substance the NFL could not identify. SO it should have been kept quiet and then retested.

I mean, can they look at this and say "there is one strand of a PED in this test, but it's not on the list and we don't know what it is". Can the NFL can suspend him for that, IDK to be honest? I thought the NFL redid all this so this doesn't happen. If it's on the list, you're gone.

Overall, he's gone. If we learned anything, the NFL is very powerful and if you are going to try and make the league look bad, the owner steps in and shuts it down. There will be no suing. He's gone....

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO...If it's not on the list of banned substance, then he should not be suspended. If they can't identify the substance, he should not be suspended. If they find out this substance is PED based, but not on the list, he should not be suspended. The point is, he was suspended for a substance the NFL could not identify. SO it should have been kept quiet and then retested.

I mean, can they look at this and say "there is one strand of a PED in this test, but it's not on the list and we don't know what it is". Can the NFL can suspend him for that, IDK to be honest? I thought the NFL redid all this so this doesn't happen. If it's on the list, you're gone.

Overall, he's gone. If we learned anything, the NFL is very powerful and if you are going to try and make the league look bad, the owner steps in and shuts it down. There will be no suing. He's gone....
This isn't a case of the league overstepping its bounds, though...this is part of the PED policy the players agreed to.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't a case of the league overstepping its bounds, though...this is part of the PED policy the players agreed to.

Didn't say they overstepped. If he tested positive for a substance on the list, he is gone. Rumor is, they don't know why it is, so how does that work? I am sure whatever he tested for, will be on the next list, if they can figure out what it is. These things change all the time.

Anyways, he is gone, as we all expected.