• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Inside the Deterioration of the Green Bay Packers

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Happened in Green Bay

This is a long article, but very interesting. Much of it iterates a lot of what has been discussed on this site in the past few years, but digs deeper and includes first-hand accounts from personnel inside the organization.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard it’s like 15 pages long so I’ll have to make time to read it.

Been hearing it’s a pretty big slam piece on McCarthy and his inability to adapt, but also his overall unawareness and basically unintentional ignorance.

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, they are an organization in total disarray.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, they are an organization in total disarray.
Derp. If Rodgers had all of his limbs amputated, they’d still have a better chance at victory than an Andy Dalton led team.

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derp. If Rodgers had all of his limbs amputated, they’d still have a better chance at victory than an Andy Dalton led team.
Wait, what?
The Packers were 6-9-1 last year and the Bengals were 6-10 and Dalton only played in 11 games. Our Backup Driskel only won 1 game, if my memory is correct.
So the Packers and Rodgers, limbs intact and all, didn't fair much better than the Bengals?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Been hearing it’s a pretty big slam piece on McCarthy and his inability to adapt, but also his overall unawareness and basically unintentional ignorance.

Yeah make time and read it, I got a few pages in and there are some former ( good) players that see it the other way as well.

If it's true he ( Rodgers) being so butt hurt when McCarthy took Smith when he was at the 49ers instead of him and that was the issue that should have been put to rest when they won the Super Bowl.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, what?
The Packers were 6-9-1 last year and the Bengals were 6-10 and Dalton only played in 11 games. Our Backup Driskel only won 1 game, if my memory is correct.
So the Packers and Rodgers, limbs intact and all, didn't fair much better than the Bengals?
tenor.gif

Need a ruling here @dbldwn711

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Happened in Green Bay

This is a long article, but very interesting. Much of it iterates a lot of what has been discussed on this site in the past few years, but digs deeper and includes first-hand accounts from personnel inside the organization.

This is a good read. Not a fan of all the unnamed sources but I get it.

I kinda feel bad for LaFleur.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The first half of the piece slams McCarthy, but the last half of the piece slams Rodgers.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a good read. Not a fan of all the unnamed sources but I get it.

I kinda feel bad for LaFleur.

LaFleur certainly will have his work cut out for him. We knew it would be a tough job before McCarthy was canned.

Obviously, the article isn't gospel, just a picture painted through multiple perspectives - some undoubtedly with hidden agendas - but certainly some interesting tidbits nonetheless.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said it numerous times that the reason few people caught the decay from within the Packers roster was due to the incredible play of Rodgers. Trust me, as a Bears fan, it pains me to say that, but if I put on my purely neutral-analytical cap, for a good 5 or 6 years, Rodgers was as good or better than any QB in the NFL. Brady or Brees fans might give me shit for stating this, and I'm not taking anything away from their HOF greatness. But Rodgers could do everything that Brees and Brady could, PLUS was insanely good at escaping out of trouble with his legs.

However, since his return from that injury he suffered in '17, he hasn't been quite the same. Still a hell of a QB, but just not the Rogers of old. And a not-quite-the-same Rodgers finally exposed the weakness of the Packers remaining roster.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A head coach has a low football IQ but kept his job for 13 Years?

Smells like an axe to grind and a coward who waited for him to be out before they started talking.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LaFleur certainly will have his work cut out for him. We knew it would be a tough job before McCarthy was canned.

Obviously, the article isn't gospel, just a picture painted through multiple perspectives - some undoubtedly with hidden agendas - but certainly some interesting tidbits nonetheless.

I've actually been thinking for some time that the Titletown venture seemed like something to maximize revenue in the last few years of Rodgers' prime years. Good business decision I suppose, but also feels like a distraction from the on-field product.

It was interesting seeing that in this piece.