• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Injuries

PatsRule12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With injuries to Mayo and Ridley today what is our next step? Bring up Gray from the practice squad? Possible trades for a LB or free agents because we are thin at linebacker? I noticed that Vilma is still available. What are your thoughts?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe there cap number goes up also,but i have no faith in billy boy bringing anybody in who can play football

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With injuries to Mayo and Ridley today what is our next step? Bring up Gray from the practice squad? Possible trades for a LB or free agents because we are thin at linebacker? I noticed that Vilma is still available. What are your thoughts?

definitely bring up Gray. He is ready, in my opinion....

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad news - two serious losses.

On the defensive side, it'll be interesting to see how they adjust to Mayo's loss. Frankly, the 4 man front of Ninko, Walker, Wilfork & Jones was good at rushing the passer... but they absolutely suck against the run. The only time they stopped Buffalo's run game was when they had Chung coming off the edge on a safety blitz. Fortunately Buffalo wasn't in a running situation that often (due to penalties/playing from behind). The Pats front was routinely pushed back on the few glaring running situations. The goaline stand was a huge disappointment.

Frankly, I'd like to see another big body on the line and move Ninko and/or Jones to assume more OLB responsibilities. Maybe more of a traditional 3-4/3-3 (nickel) front and have the offense guessing who's coming and from where. Maybe then they wouldn't be so soft up the middle.

I think we may miss Ridley more between the two, to be honest.

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad news - two serious losses.

On the defensive side, it'll be interesting to see how they adjust to Mayo's loss. Frankly, the 4 man front of Ninko, Walker, Wilfork & Jones was good at rushing the passer... but they absolutely suck against the run. The only time they stopped Buffalo's run game was when they had Chung coming off the edge on a safety blitz. Fortunately Buffalo wasn't in a running situation that often (due to penalties/playing from behind). The Pats front was routinely pushed back on the few glaring running situations. The goaline stand was a huge disappointment.

Frankly, I'd like to see another big body on the line and move Ninko and/or Jones to assume more OLB responsibilities. Maybe more of a traditional 3-4/3-3 (nickel) front and have the offense guessing who's coming and from where. Maybe then they wouldn't be so soft up the middle.

I think we may miss Ridley more between the two, to be honest.

I think Bolden will do well.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have to promote from within because if they don't and try to get someone from the outside there is no way they could learn the offense/defense by Thursday

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinner and Ja'Gerad Davis will fill in for Mayo. It doesn't appear that Hightower will play against the Jets but will be ready to play against the Bears. Bolden will fill in for Ridley, but it coyld be more of running back by committee unless someone really shines.

The weather is supposed to be heavy rain and winds. Geno has enough problems when the weather is near perfect, playing in a rainstorm will be a huge challenge.

Belichick hasn't brought on anyone to back fill the practice squad yet. Makes one wonder if he is planning to tinker with the 53 man roster.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinner and Ja'Gerad Davis will fill in for Mayo. It doesn't appear that Hightower will play against the Jets but will be ready to play against the Bears. Bolden will fill in for Ridley, but it coyld be more of running back by committee unless someone really shines.

The weather is supposed to be heavy rain and winds. Geno has enough problems when the weather is near perfect, playing in a rainstorm will be a huge challenge.

Belichick hasn't brought on anyone to back fill the practice squad yet. Makes one wonder if he is planning to tinker with the 53 man roster.

Once upon a time I thought highly of Bolden. He has not shown much in awhile. It's his chance to make something happen or disappear at the end of this year. Frankly, I'm hoping for Gray to get a try.....

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riddley's always been kind of a Mallet to me. Gets praised but really, he's just never wowed me.

Seriously bumin' about Jerod though~

...and bumming for Stevan too I mean, the poor fucking guy. All that work in training camp and surviving your job every summer and all. Don't mean to sound heartless but I think we'll be ok at RB.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of you outside New England......

Here in Southern NH it is pouring like a cow pissing on a flat rock. Wind is about 10-12 mph. According to all of the weather reports, it's going to be torrential between 4:00 PM and 9:00 Pm with winds gusting to about 40 mph. I don't know what's happening in Foxboro but this is supposed to be off and on all day until mid afternoon when the tail end makes its way through. Been watching "highlights" of Geno this morning. This weather is not going to help him.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing that since we need to work on and evaluate our running game and Geno's prolly not gonna throw us into a hole, we'll be focusing on a low scoring running performance. Vareen screens and play action to the TEs.

Tom won't likely need to air it out~

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets D-Line is not a folly. They're good and they can play. The big question is if the Patriots O-Line can man up and run block. The jets may be expecting an all out passing game because their secondary is so weak, so trying a shot at moving the ball on the ground could actually work in the Patriots favor. That and the ground will be slippery and getting traction will be difficult for both teams. If the Pats can gain just a little bit on the ground, it will open up the passing game.

I think the Patriots should look for a few trick plays early. Straight up, I don't think the Jets can give the Patriots a lot of trouble considering the weather and their defensive secondary. If they can catch the Pats off guard and make them fall back on their heels, score early......then it'll be a ball game.