• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm making the switch from Apple to Android

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For like $50 more, you can get an attachment and waterproof headphones and literally bring it with you when you swim. Not all that useful for most people but it's cool as shit.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have anything more than a sleeve for mine. I have been lucky so far but use it at the gym and hiking and stuff so I may need to invest in something. I just hate that it thickens the phone. I like how slim and compact the iPhone is. I am actually not that interestd in the bigger screen with the 6.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My parents practically forced me to buy a case. I've had and broke an otterbox and have always hated cases for the reasons you said, but the lifeproof is different. Incredibly small profile and really light. The one downside is you need a screw in headphone adapter to use the headphone jack but if you keep it with the headphones it's not too inconvenient.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may look int o it on Amazon. Does it come with a guarantee for drop/water proofness?? I do use my headphones for the gym and conference calls when I am teleworking or on the road, so it is a lot.

Another question:

Have any of you guys ever traded in a smaller memory for the same phone with more? I kind of want to upgrade the capacity of my 5 but not restart a new timer on it.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have anything more than a sleeve for mine. I have been lucky so far but use it at the gym and hiking and stuff so I may need to invest in something. I just hate that it thickens the phone. I like how slim and compact the iPhone is. I am actually not that interestd in the bigger screen with the 6.

I like the idea of the larger screen but I do enjoy how lightweight the current iPhone is and how unnoticeable it is in my pocket.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do not, but I don't believe you'll find anyone who does. There's simply no way for them to know the phone was legitimately in the case, etc, when it was broken. They do recommend testing the waterproofness by putting it under water for a while without the phone before you put it on, mostly for your own comfort of mind I think.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main problem I had with the case on my iPhone was that since I have an Alpine adapter for my car I'm constantly plugging it in and eventually the bottom portion broke on the case (nothing happened to the phone) but it made it aesthetically look like crap.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main problem I had with the case on my iPhone was that since I have an Alpine adapter for my car I'm constantly plugging it in and eventually the bottom portion broke on the case (nothing happened to the phone) but it made it aesthetically look like crap.

I had this problem with an otterbox because the bottom is made of rubber and it fatigued and broke. With the lifeproof, it is a plastic piece that is hinged, with a small rubber piece inside that does not twist or bend. There is no fatigue issue.

Does the charger fit normally with the case JDM was referencing?

Yes, but again, for most things that are not a normal charger, you may need an adapter.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the bottom of the case. That hole's a snug fit for the normal cord.

lGiKKkh.jpg

Oh by the way, it's pink.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a 5 so it will look different, but all of my chargers are normal Apple ones so it should be fine. I loved my 4s but do prefer both jacks on the same end now and the slightly slimmer fit.

Nice pink phone, bro ;)

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does the charger fit normally with the case JDM was referencing?

Kenwood iPodiPhone AV Cable for Decks with Rear USB Input KCA-IP202 - Best Buy

That's pretty much the cord but there is no way to know without seeing how it fits.

LifeProof iPhone 5 case - waterproof, dirt-proof, shock-proof protection. FREE SHIPPING | LifeProof

On the 5th picture to the right you can see the hinge JDM was talking about but it's hard to say without seeing for myself. What makes the cord such a strange fit is that even though the metal part that plugs into the actual phone fits perfectly they made the plastic outer portion of that male adapter pretty wide on all sides.

The deck I have is meant for iPhones so I'm hoping I don't need to get a new one that supports an Android but it's so old that it might be time to get a new one anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had a picture of this badass pink camo one but it either didn't come for my phone or wasn't in stock.:bawling:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a dock you will need a dock extender. It won't fit on a dock as is.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JDM, is there something you're not telling us? :noidea:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol I have no shame. I wouldn't hide anything.

You jealous of my phone? :scratch: