• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm hungry

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna grab food on way home. Suggestions?

Sheetz, fast food, minimal cooking.....all options just lazy

Chasin' Utleys

Uber Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SteelersPride, I assume you're a guy based off your 'minimal cooking' comment....so here goes.

If you're a guy, it's more than likely your a carnivore at heart. Grab a nice porterhouse or ribeye, rub with good olive oil (adds flavor and helps meat come off grill), some fresh ground pepper and some salt (I prefer that pink Himalayan sea salt but use what you have).

If you have the urge crumb bleu cheese on top 1-2 minutes before you're going to take the steak off.

If you're feeling Emerilesque take some foil, slice some onion, peel some cloves of garlic and quarter some mushrooms (I prefer crimini, but once again use what you've got or go cheap - white button 'shrooms will do just fine), throw 1 tbsp butter and some Montreal Steak seasoning (or salt & pepper if in a pinch) on top, fold the foil up and seal.

Steak done.

Wrap some Idaho potatoes in foil (after washing and puncturing a bit to let the steam out) and throw on grill. Top w/butter, shredded sharp cheddar, sour cream and when in season fresh chives.

Potato done.

Take another sheet of foil, grease with butter or drizzle w/olive oil, and lie stalks of asparagus uniformly across it (I fold the foil to make a shallow box but you can get away with just pinching the corners, there won't be much liquid) and sprinkle with your favorite seasoning to take.

If the muse hits you whip up a batch of hollandaise for the asparagus, Knorr makes a pretty good one step packet that requires only butter, milk and a whisk.

Asparagus done.

I made this meal last night, it was about 10-15 minutes of prep and one step grilltop cooking. Put the spuds on first (I cook until the skin gets crispy), then the asparagus (I cook two ways depending on my mood - either a vibrant green, or I char them -my kids actually prefer the latter over the al dente former) and depending on how you want the asparagus put the steak on either before or after depending on your preference of how cooked you want the steak. Personally, I prefer "Pittsburgh" where the steak is still purple in the middle and a good vet could still save the animal. My boy likes it slightly more cooked, rare and he likes to drink the blood ( a little off putting for a seven yr old but I digress). The missus and 11 yr old daughter like their steak medium rare.

I will not cook a steak (or ANY other kind of meat, well MAYBE fowl) well done.

Hope that helps and bon appetit!

Chasin' Utleys

Uber Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone heard of this new HOT ITEM?

Mike's Hot Honey...hottest condiment going worldwide right now...pour it on shoe leather and it would taste good.

Mike's Hot Honey - Sweet Heat! Honey Infused with Chilies. – Mike's Hot Honey

Never heard of it, but I live outside Chicago and that sounds to me to be more of a southern condiment. I eat incendiary condiments (sauces) almost exclusively (outside of mustard, but what do you expect I'm a Kraut).............to each his own I say. :suds:

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm eating a rising crust Digiorno pizza pie and it's muy beuno .

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have a double blue cheese & anchovy pizza delivered.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never heard of it, but I live outside Chicago and that sounds to me to be more of a southern condiment. I eat incendiary condiments (sauces) almost exclusively (outside of mustard, but what do you expect I'm a Kraut).............to each his own I say. :suds:

For Krauts sake, pour Mike's Hot Honey over your greasy spatzle then. :suds: