• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If all else fails ...

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this season, at least we can say our All-Star pitcher was the official All-Star game winner in shutting out the NL.

I see a fire sale coming up for our Sox. It might really be time to totally clean house ... ???

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are probably right. I hope we get some decent return for everything that we sell off.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it can only get better. the only thing that bothers me is that we'll no doubt be stuck with robin ventura for the foreseeable future. and kenny williams.

PLEEEASE SELL!

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You willing to put Sale up for trade to Iddy? I wanna keep him, but he's probably the only decent thing we have to trade IOT land anybody of any value ... ? ? ?

:noidea: :scratch:

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You willing to put Sale up for trade to Iddy? I wanna keep him, but he's probably the only decent thing we have to trade IOT land anybody of any value ... ? ? ?

:noidea: :scratch:

i have always felt anybody can go for the right price. problem is i'm not sure there's anyone in this organization who would recognize real value for him. they're just as likely to let him go for someone like an adam dunn-like pickup. i don't know if hahn or kw can really evaluate good young talent. kw has always been a dart thrower when it comes to recognizing player potential (i think it's pure luck some of his choices have worked out) and i wouldn't want to throw darts for sale.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soooo ... I'm taking that to mean you hope Reinsdorf sells the team and get a whole new FO? I'm not opposed to that as long as the Sox stay in Chicago. It would devestate me, if the Sox (for some reason) moved to another city. I'm to the point anymore, I dont care what they do ... as long as they remain in Chicago.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, i do hope the dorks sell ... sooner rather than later. i'll take my chances as to their leaving chicago.

if they did leave you wouldn't be devastated. you'd be upset for a couple years as would i but life is change, craig, as i'm sure you know. i have followed this team for 58 years and frankly there would be less aggravation in my life if they did leave vs being a horseshit club. i finally got my championship (which i thought i'd never see) and i remember a lot of very good and underrated players as do you.

still .... odds are the american league would like a team in chicago so it's unlikely they'd move.

i don't know why we get so attached to teams. after all, they're made up of people from all over the world and no different from any other team. it's not like a local high school teams where a strong rooting interest makes sense. is it just because the name "chicago" is plastered on their unis? if that were the case we'd all be cub fans too wouldn't we? so what is it? the whole thing begins to look silly when you think about it long enough. so ... don't worry about it so much. it's all just :bullshit: anyway. :)

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well ... prolly cuz I have sooo many fond memories of my Dad/Grandpop taking me to the old Comiskey Park on a Sat/Sun growing up and watching my beloved Sox play or driving with my bros/uncle on Thursday nites to see a game in Chicago when I got older ... and growing up in Chicagoland with the White Sox, etc, etc, etc. Or watching them on Channel 44 with Harry Caray and Jimmy Piersall when I was kid ... remember them days? I just have way tooo many fond memories of my CHICAGO White Sox just to dismiss it if they were sold and moved to another city. It just wouldnt be the same for me, if they moved out of Chicago. No way in hell I'd ever root for the Scrubs on the north side ... hell would freeze over before that ever happened.