• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"ICE"...

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
when he came to the U. of Hawaii, everyone knew he had tremendous physical gifts. on the field, you could see he had very good movement for a guy his size, not surprised he's used as a blocking FB. good strength holding his spot on the line (4-3 DT) BUT, he had little football experience to that point and it showed. so while he did ok, he didn't dominate.

when the 49ers drafted him, was worried this lack of experience would de-rail him, cause in the NFL, you only have so much time to perform? fortunately he held on and when Nolan came in with the 3-4, was SURE Sop was the perfect NT??!! but alas, his lack of hand skills (i recall), moved him to LDE.

apparently, his time at LDE really helped his hand skills?

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sopoaga has never played on an offensive line, but has played a lot of rugby. "I can hold three or four men at a time in a scrum," Sopoaga said, "I have no problem moving one or two 300 pound guys out of the way."

That's awesome.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sopoaga has never played on an offensive line, but has played a lot of rugby. "I can hold three or four men at a time in a scrum," Sopoaga said, "I have no problem moving one or two 300 pound guys out of the way."

That's awesome.

That quote is Win.....

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Diggin' this! We have so many pieces!!!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Diggin' this! We have so many pieces!!!

yep, while we don't have quality at the key spots, Harbaugh came into a team with decent overall talent. for now, keeping working in your schemes (details, adjustments, line calls, audibles, new plays, etc.) so it becomes second nature for players.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yep, while we don't have quality at the key spots, Harbaugh came into a team with decent overall talent. for now, keeping working in your schemes (details, adjustments, line calls, audibles, new plays, etc.) so it becomes second nature for players.

Yeah, exactly.

Thus far, I think we are where most of us expected to be after three games; the next three games will tell us a lot about our team and our coach.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, exactly.

Thus far, I think we are where most of us expected to be after three games; the next three games will tell us a lot about our team and our coach.

Agreed. Especially the next one, playing a quality opponent on the road. I'm also interested to see if staying out on the east coast will help them. I'll look to see if they still have the same lethargic start they normally have back east or if things change.

mufasa76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

That's awesome.

How come we have not used him more on O? He can throw the ball too-imagine him at qb - LOL

mufasa76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, exactly.

Couldn't agree more-if we come on the field with the same bs play calling these three games, mark it! we will be in deep doodoo

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Its looking better, Consistency has improved as well as playing as 3 units but still have a lot of work to do Go 49ers!!