• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I wanna make my own bbq sauce

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1139.jpg

some perty good shit if I do say so myself

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, sir.

Also, it may be considered a mass-produced, generic sauce or whatever, but I have to admit, I like Sweet Baby Ray's Sweet & Spicy sauce.
Sweet Baby Rays is one of the only generic brands I will buy... And only the Sweet & Spicy one. Deliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicious.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And where does one find that Rufus Teague sauce? I don't think that I have ever seen it. And yes, I like sweet baby ray's too.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 cup worcestershire sauce
1 cup yellow mustard
1 cup chicken stock
1 cup miracle whip
1 cup marshmallow cream
1 cup hershey's chocolate syrup
1 cup ketchup
1 cup tollhouse chcocolate chips
1 cup apple cider vinegar
1 cup salt
1 cup pepper
1 cup teriyaki sauce
1 cup of kool-aid

Mix real good, there ya go

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 cup worcestershire sauce
1 cup yellow mustard
1 cup chicken stock
1 cup miracle whip
1 cup marshmallow cream
1 cup hershey's chocolate syrup
1 cup ketchup
1 cup tollhouse chcocolate chips
1 cup apple cider vinegar
1 cup salt
1 cup pepper
1 cup teriyaki sauce
1 cup of kool-aid

Mix real good, there ya go
:twitch:

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before you make your own barbecue sauce, you gotta know what kind you like. Try a bunch of different store bought brands of all different types. Carolina style is like 7000% different from Alabama, which is 20000% different from St Louis, Memphis, Texas, etc. There are just so many different kinds. Even all vinegar or all ketchup/tomato based sauces can be quite different.

Personally I hate sweet baby rays, it's way too sweet for me. Especially on chicken. But something like Stubbs or my personal favorite store bought brand is Famous Dave's rich and sassy. But both are quite a bit more vinegar flavored than SBR's

I think Smokey Bones is a national restaurant chain, I've been there a couple times and the food is ok not great. But they did have like 7-8 different barbecue sauces that were all very representative of the different styles. Might help you figure out which styles you like.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can do a tomato based sauce.......what you got

I'm one of those people who do all the things people on the internet never do. I shop at Walmart, eat fast food occasionally(and like it), etc.

I just buy shit at the store and add spices I want to the meat if needed. Which usually amounts to salt and pepper for basic grilling. Add in a rub if I'm doing something like ribs and smoking instead of grilling.

I've tried lots of different kinds, but I actually like Krogers generic BBQ sauce. It's nice and thick and it sticks to the meat better than others when you flip(probably has more molasses).

It's probably another brand sauce just white labeled, but I don't know which. Back in the day, Kroger literally got their doughnuts from Krispy Kreme and they were the exact same doughnuts, but people would spend more on the Krispy Kreme and even swear they were better.

I'm just a simple man I guess. I find cooking it right matters way more than sauces, which I think should just be a compliment, not the main draw.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm one of those people who do all the things people on the internet never do. I shop at Walmart, eat fast food occasionally(and like it), etc.

I just buy shit at the store and add spices I want to the meat if needed. Which usually amounts to salt and pepper for basic grilling. Add in a rub if I'm doing something like ribs and smoking instead of grilling.

I've tried lots of different kinds, but I actually like Krogers generic BBQ sauce. It's nice and thick and it sticks to the meat better than others when you flip(probably has more molasses).

It's probably another brand sauce just white labeled, but I don't know which. Back in the day, Kroger literally got their doughnuts from Krispy Kreme and they were the exact same doughnuts, but people would spend more on the Krispy Kreme and even swear they were better.

I'm just a simple man I guess. I find cooking it right matters way more than sauces, which I think should just be a compliment, not the main draw.
your correct , but the sauce can help, i like to make bowls, with rice/potatoes/meat mixed together, sauce hold its all nicely

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually check out the Farmers' Markets throughout the summer. There are some GREAT bbq sauces, dry rubs and mustards (and jams and jellies) you can find there, that you won't find in the stores. You'll pay a little bit more for smaller bottles... but well worth it IMO. HELL! I've even found some KILLER Bloody Mary mixes, that also make excellent starters for chili and such.

If I'm cooking for many, I'll use the stuff from the stores (and again, it's gotten so diverse in those aisles in recent years) and doctor those to my liking.