• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I wanna make my own bbq sauce

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you are grilling, do you put it on the chicken while cooking? Or just some sauce after it's cooked?

Wife's white sauce recipe btw:

1 Cup Mayo
teaspoon Lemon Juice
1/4 cup vinegar, add teaspoon at a time to thin it out to the thickness you want.
Salt and Pepper to taste.

And if you want to make it like Big Bob Gibsons "famous" sauce, add in horse radish sauce. Which will heat it up a bit. She doesn't add it to her's and neither does her family, so she doesn't know how much to add.

I'm not responsible if you don't like it, because I am not a fan myself.

Holy shit. Four parts mayo, one part vinegar and a squirt of lemon? Tell them to just save their time and use watered down Miracle Whip.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the Sweet Baby Ray sweet and spicy 2 or 3 at a time, not just 1. I like to stock up on it.

It's bad ass.
seems to the big hit, i enver tried it

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey everyone likes something different, for 77 cents, darn........and krogers is THICKER than sweet baby rays, damn, sweet baby rays is thick

Sweet Baby Rays is thick enough, I got no complaints there. I don't like the thinner ones because it just slides off the meat too easy. Kroger brand is only slightly thicker.

It's not a bad sauce, I can see why people like it.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Sweet Baby Ray's sauce went on sale. I noticed my wife bought 5 bottles of it the other day, so it must have been cheaper than the Kroger generic sauce.

Hope it's good.

Well, the 5 bottles lasted almost a month. I finished squirting out the rest from the last bottle last night.

It grew on me a little, I didn't mind it at all by the end.

Not sure what she will buy next, still hoping for Krogers though. But I won't be disappointed if it's the same again.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been taking the krogers or sweet baby rays(water down a bit) and adding to croc pot with chicken. few hours later I shred the chicken while adding enough of the juice in the croc to get an even covering and make some bbq chicken sandwiches or I then take a flour tortilla in a pan with butter and make a kind of taco looking thing. I add shred cheese and green onion. Wife likes it a lot.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the 5 bottles lasted almost a month. I finished squirting out the rest from the last bottle last night.

It grew on me a little, I didn't mind it at all by the end.

Not sure what she will buy next, still hoping for Krogers though. But I won't be disappointed if it's the same again.

its not horrible, just high on the sugar.....its nice and thick......honestly when i make pulled pork in a crock pot, its the PERFECT sauce to compliment my spice rub

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its not horrible, just high on the sugar.....its nice and thick......honestly when i make pulled pork in a crock pot, its the PERFECT sauce to compliment my spice rub
When using BBQ sauce in a crock pot, cheaper is better... After hours of simmering any bbq sauce it will taste different. Often times the cheaper stuff tastes just as good, if not better than the expensive stuff.