• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I found this interesting

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from what i've seen...the UI on 8 blows

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from what i've seen...the UI on 8 blows

Believe me, Metro is designed for touchscreen laptops and phones, not for desktops. And if you have a laptop you can emulate the touchscreen with the touchpad. Getting out of Metro back to the standard desktop GUI isn't hard (although the Aero interface is gone and it looks more like Windows 2.0) but it's step that shouldn't be there for desktop users. Microsoft is trying to force everyone to the cloud for syncing and purchasing. This too can be declined during setup. But the fact that gamers are now looking to port to Linux says something about the disdain for Metro and it's bullshit reliance on Microsoft's approved products only.

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe me, Metro is designed for touchscreen laptops and phones, not for desktops. And if you have a laptop you can emulate the touchscreen with the touchpad. Getting out of Metro back to the standard desktop GUI isn't hard (although the Aero interface is gone and it looks more like Windows 2.0) but it's step that shouldn't be there for desktop users. Microsoft is trying to force everyone to the cloud for syncing and purchasing. This too can be declined during setup. But the fact that gamers are now looking to port to Linux says something about the disdain for Metro and it's bullshit reliance on Microsoft's approved products only.

i'm fine as long as they don't push that touchscreen style interface on windows pro

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yuck....i could see a backlash out of the business sector

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have a spare PC sitting around that can run either Vista or 7 you can download the release preview of 8 and give it a test drive.