• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Do Believe in Ghost, I do, I do, I do

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the Flyers California swing wound down and some of the incidental stats came to light, like Ghost was in the box three times leading to PP goals against, there was a bit of a murmer about his play.

Then, the Flyers come home and he is the rocket launcher once again. BUT, Luke Schenn gets to be flogged for turnovers .... oh wait, they happened because his partner was not in a supporting position. This has nothing to do with Luke's foot speed and everything to do with the Ghost. BUT...

I said this in passing in the game thread and thought that this really warrants addressing. Since coming up this season, Ghost has improved his play in the defensive zone and how he responds to in game pressure. I watched against the Blue Jackets how he adjusted to the fore check (while Schultz didn't). I also watched against the Ducks and the Kings where he adjusted and then they adjusted again. The Ducks even went to pressuring Ghosts partner instead of him and making him be the outlet ... which worked surprisingly well ....

What does all this mean. He's a rookie. He has less than 50 games played at any professional level. He is going to make mistakes. Some nights he is going to make HUGE mistakes. He is also learning on the fly at an incredible rate. His physical ability makes it easier for him to do things that other players need more time to do by wrote. What he still needs to improve on is the little things in the defensive zone. And we as fans have to recognize his issues as well. He will get better, but he is a work in progress. But I do believe, I really really do.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the Flyers California swing wound down and some of the incidental stats came to light, like Ghost was in the box three times leading to PP goals against, there was a bit of a murmer about his play.

Then, the Flyers come home and he is the rocket launcher once again. BUT, Luke Schenn gets to be flogged for turnovers .... oh wait, they happened because his partner was not in a supporting position. This has nothing to do with Luke's foot speed and everything to do with the Ghost. BUT...

I said this in passing in the game thread and thought that this really warrants addressing. Since coming up this season, Ghost has improved his play in the defensive zone and how he responds to in game pressure. I watched against the Blue Jackets how he adjusted to the fore check (while Schultz didn't). I also watched against the Ducks and the Kings where he adjusted and then they adjusted again. The Ducks even went to pressuring Ghosts partner instead of him and making him be the outlet ... which worked surprisingly well ....

What does all this mean. He's a rookie. He has less than 50 games played at any professional level. He is going to make mistakes. Some nights he is going to make HUGE mistakes. He is also learning on the fly at an incredible rate. His physical ability makes it easier for him to do things that other players need more time to do by wrote. What he still needs to improve on is the little things in the defensive zone. And we as fans have to recognize his issues as well. He will get better, but he is a work in progress. But I do believe, I really really do.
In Ghost we trust.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the difference between having L. Schenn as your partner vs. a legitimate top 4 guy. A better player can make up for the growing pain mistakes that Ghost is going to make. At his size he has to be a positional defender AKA Timonen. Fortunately his offensive game currently outweighs the defensive mistakes. Kimmo would have been a very good mentor for Ghost.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the difference between having L. Schenn as your partner vs. a legitimate top 4 guy. A better player can make up for the growing pain mistakes that Ghost is going to make. At his size he has to be a positional defender AKA Timonen. Fortunately his offensive game currently outweighs the defensive mistakes. Kimmo would have been a very good mentor for Ghost.
This is a good point but when Ghost had Manning as his partner who is not a legit top 4 he did fine.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a good point but when Ghost had Manning as his partner who is not a legit top 4 he did fine.

Manning is a more agile skater than L Schenn. He also plays a more up tempo style, even in his pared down NHL game as apposed to how he plays in the AHL which is more aggressive.