• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How the Schedule Could Effect the Playoffs

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots schedule is set pretty well this year. They start with two road games at Miami then Minnesota. The Broncos start at home with two against Indianapolis and Oakland.
I think both start 2-0
The Patriots get a home game against Oakland in week three and go back on the road to KC in week four. The Bronco go to Seattle in week three and have a bye to lick their wounds in week four.
Pats 4-0 Broncos 2-1
Week five the Broncos have a home game against the Cardinals, and week six they fly to play the Jets.
The Pats have the Bengals at home and then fly to Buffalo. The Broncos win both but the injuries are beginning to sting and the Patriots win both most notably a payback to the Bengals for an embarassing 2013.
Pats 6-0 Broncos 4-1
Week 7 & 8 are brutal for the Broncos. They get to play two more at home against the 49ers and Chargers. The injury bugs are building a nest in Denver. The 49ers took a lot out of them and the Chargers took advantage. The Pats have the first of three at home against the Jets and Bears. Home cooking is always the best and after week 8 ..............
Pats 8-0 Broncos 5-2
WEEK 9..............Patriots welcome the Broncos to Foxboro. It's November 2 and I don't think the weather will be like 2013, hoovering in mid 50's. It'll be a typical November and temps will be in the mid to upper 30's. The Broncos have had a tough schedule against tough opponents and they're praying that it doesn't snow or rain because Peyton doesn't play well in the cold.

Patriots 9-0 Broncos 5-3

I'll finish later

Comments??

Hyped

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too early to discuss schedule strength, IMO. There will be 3-4 teams that surprise...

However, I am expecting 11-5 or better for the Pats. If we finish 10-6 or worse...I'll consider this season a failure.

Other than that...I am not too greedy...I just want the team healthy and playing their best football in late December.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol....you've made some pretty wild assumptions Ken. All's I can say is watch out when broncs fans stop by. They tend to be the sensitive type. They certainly will never cop to the notion that Brady's a better bad weather player than Manning.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few things here from a Bronco perspective...

1st--So the Broncos are going to have a ton of injuries in your thinking here? Any time you have to include injuries in your assessment it is already flawed from the beginning. Any team is just as likely to be injury riddled as any other really. Look at last year with both the Broncos and the Patriots losing players left and right. To expect the Broncos to get injured but the Patriots to stay healthy is well just pretty biased to start off with. To me if you are going to assess a team it has to be with what players they have now then reassess say an injury happens.

With that in mind moving on

2nd--The NFC West is not looking as dangerous as they were say 2 months ago. San Fran for the Broncos game will be without Bowman and Smith on the defense. The Broncos also just whooped up on them 34-0 in their first game in the new stadium. I don't think that game looks as difficult as it did just a few months ago. St. Louis has lost their starting quarterback. Arizona has now lost 3 of their best players on defense even before the season starts. So while they are still dangerous teams they are not quite what they used to be.

3rd Ummm not sure you watched the Bronco/Patriot game last year if you think the game was in the mid-50's. Pretty sure if I remember right the high for that day was 32 degrees with wind gusts up to 30 mph. Also the average in November for Boston is actually 52 degrees so might want to rethink the idea that weather will once again be a major factor. Again if you are depending on weather to affect the outcome of a game then predictions really should just go out the window.

Now having said that I do think it will be a close race between these two for home field advantage. I do give the schedule difficulty a nod in favor of the Patriots but with the NFL having some of the biggest turn around in the major sports arena it is hard to tell from year to year. Like I said the NFC West isn't looking quite as challenging (other than Seattle of course) as they did just a couple of months ago just because of injuries and suspensions. Who knows what happens between now and when the Broncos play them. Right now I do think the NFC North could end up being the toughest division in football. They look to have the most offensive power of any division in my opinion and at least average defenses across the board (before injury).

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots schedule is set pretty well this year. They start with two road games at Miami then Minnesota. The Broncos start at home with two against Indianapolis and Oakland.
I think both start 2-0
The Patriots get a home game against Oakland in week three and go back on the road to KC in week four. The Bronco go to Seattle in week three and have a bye to lick their wounds in week four.
Pats 4-0 Broncos 2-1
Week five the Broncos have a home game against the Cardinals, and week six they fly to play the Jets.
The Pats have the Bengals at home and then fly to Buffalo. The Broncos win both but the injuries are beginning to sting and the Patriots win both most notably a payback to the Bengals for an embarassing 2013.
Pats 6-0 Broncos 4-1
Week 7 & 8 are brutal for the Broncos. They get to play two more at home against the 49ers and Chargers. The injury bugs are building a nest in Denver. The 49ers took a lot out of them and the Chargers took advantage. The Pats have the first of three at home against the Jets and Bears. Home cooking is always the best and after week 8 ..............
Pats 8-0 Broncos 5-2
WEEK 9..............Patriots welcome the Broncos to Foxboro. It's November 2 and I don't think the weather will be like 2013, hoovering in mid 50's. It'll be a typical November and temps will be in the mid to upper 30's. The Broncos have had a tough schedule against tough opponents and they're praying that it doesn't snow or rain because Peyton doesn't play well in the cold.

Patriots 9-0 Broncos 5-3

I'll finish later

Comments??

I have a big issue. What's with the BS of saying the Broncos are having a lot of injurys. That's pretty fucked up. :wtf2:

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cdumler with the logic!

I will say though, it took that nasty weather for the Pat's comeback against the Broncs last year. Imo of course.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha just not a fan of people predicting injuries to justify their thoughts on something. Yes the Broncos could suffer some major injuries like they did last year. Or they could be like the year before with very few injuries to the team. Hard to tell these days. Same with the Pats. Gronk has been injury prone but right now when I am thinking of how the Pats do it is with Gronk in mind of playing all 16 games. I do factor in a little that he will be a bit limited here at the beginning of the year but I do the same with Chris Harris and Von Miller coming back from ACL injuries late in the season. I don't expect them to be 100% day 1.

Weather definitely was huge last season between our two teams. Lead to one of the sloppiest games I have seen these two teams play in a long time. Both had ridiculous turnover issues. One swayed the Broncos to a big lead while the opposite then allowed the Pats back in it. Right now I do think that will be the 2nd toughest game on our schedule and it would not surprise me to see the Broncos lose (hardest being the Seahawks...have to give them some respect being the Super Bowl Champs).

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any team can have injuries to any player at any time. ACL, rotator cuff, torn pectoral. Key positions at any point in a season.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to defend anything I write. I've written what I believe will happen. The Bronco have to face the NFC West and They hate Denver. Seattle, SF and Arizona are nasty defensive teams and I honestly believe they will beat up on the Broncos offense. The Chargers, KC and Oakland are all better than last year and there's no love for the Broncos there either. I think the Broncos are going to see alot of injuries, not necessarily season ending but the kind that slow a player down, cause them to miss a couple of games. I'm not wishing bad on anyone, I just see the schedule being hard and bad on the team. By the time they get to Foxboro, they'll be like a boxer who's been in 6-7 preliminary and championship type fights.........

As far as Peyton Manning and cold weather.........he's NEVER played well in cold weather. He played in warm weather in college, he played 8 games indoors every year until he left the Colts. The two years he's been in Denver have been balmy and warm. If 2014 turns cold and nasty nationwide, I think you'll see exactly how it affects him. He certainly won't throw for 5500 yards and 55 TDs.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any team can have injuries to any player at any time. ACL, rotator cuff, torn pectoral. Key positions at any point in a season.

Yes man. We all know this but the way Ken is doing it, is messed up. Why even mention injuries. And if you do...do so for your team also.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Bronco's will have to play a little harder now that Wes is out.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did Emmanual Sanders become the next Jerry Rice? The guys signs with Denver and now he's next best thing to sliced bread. If he is all that and a peanut butter sandwich, why didn't Pittsburgh at least make him an offer? Why didn't Bill Belichick go after him? After all Belichick made him an offer as a restricted free agent last year.

SEASONTEAMGPRECTGTSYDSAVGLNGTDFDFUMLST2010
166711274011.05563710Career561612782,03012.6551110332

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I apologize, that stats didn't come through as I hoped they would.

In Emmanual's 4 year career he's made 161 catches from the 278 passes thrown to him for a total of 2030 yards and 11 TDs. He's averaged 12.6 yards a catch.

He's averaged 40 catches 500 yards and 2 TDs in each season.

Now that he's with Denver he'll what? Haul in 100 catches for 1200 yards and 20 TDs?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I apologize, that stats didn't come through as I hoped they would.

In Emmanual's 4 year career he's made 161 catches from the 278 passes thrown to him for a total of 2030 yards and 11 TDs. He's averaged 12.6 yards a catch.

He's averaged 40 catches 500 yards and 2 TDs in each season.

Now that he's with Denver he'll what? Haul in 100 catches for 1200 yards and 20 TDs?

You realize teams have different styles of offense that they run that not every player fits perfectly right? Before Manning came to town D. Thomas' best season was that of 550 yards and 4 touchdowns. The Broncos were mostly a running team that threw when they had to. Manning comes to town and now D. Thomas is a top-5 receiver in the league. The reason the Broncos went so hard for Sanders is he fits what they like to do. His best skills are his route running (Ben Roethlisberger when passing would rather run around for 5 seconds in the back field...Doesn't fit well with a guy that is more about precise route running and timing) and his ability with the ball in his hands running down the field (Broncos were tops in the league last year in yards after catch).

Now I don't think he will get those exaggerated numbers you put up but I don't think it would be crazy for him to get close to 80 catches and a 1,000 yards with 10 touchdowns. He will have a ton of single coverage with teams focused towards D. Thomas, J. Thomas, Welker (when he gets back) and even some on our rookie who has dominated in Latimer.

Also if you are not going to defend what you write then it makes it kind of hard to have a conversation of how in the world you came up with what you did. Throw in if you think the NFC West defenses will be as good as they were last year you might have missed the last few months of this off season with San Fran now missing Aldon Smith, Navarro Bowman, Ray McDonald (most likely suspended), and Glen Dorsey from their front seven when the Broncos play them. They also shipped out Donte Whitner on of the biggest hitting safeties in the league. That is a lot of big hitters on the defense missing for the Broncos game.

For Arizona they have now lost their two starting ILB's and Darnell Docket. So essentially the big uglies up the middle are gone making them a lot more vulnerable. They still have a very good pass defense but that has very little to do with actual hitting and hurting guys.

For St. Louis they have always been the weak link of the NFC West defenses. They have a very good DL but beyond that the secondary was one of the worst in the league last year.

So Seattle is about the only defense in the NFC West that actually makes me cringe a bit. We get our Bye Week after that game to recover from the hitting so I think the team will be fine. Throw in the Broncos have the best depth they have in my recollection ever had. Players won't have to be on the field for 90% of the plays any longer.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think both start 2-0
Pats 4-0 Broncos 2-1
Pats 6-0 Broncos 4-1
Pats 8-0 Broncos 5-2

Patriots 9-0 Broncos 5-3

I'll finish later

Comments??
lol,...i learned to never ''speculate''.....esp. with the pats,.....i'll take-it one week at a time [barring injuries/6-gm. gronk/etc.].......this isn't a ~sprint~, it's a ~marathon~.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol,...i learned to never ''speculate''.....esp. with the pats,.....i'll take-it one week at a time [barring injuries/6-gm. gronk/etc.].......this isn't a ~sprint~, it's a ~marathon~.

As long as they are rolling along well at the end of the year..we'll be fine!!:suds: