• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How other coaches view Jim Harbaugh - ESPN Insider

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I was a little wrong, but Cleveland still sucks as well do the bucks,cincy is right up there for shit city.. ohio is a hillbilly red neck state like it's neighbor to the right west virginia.. Red necks every where
LOL
Resized_sound-of-music-meme-generator-the-hills-are-alive-with-the-sound-of-butthurt-c90b18.jpg

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I was a little wrong, but Cleveland still sucks as well do the bucks,cincy is right up there for shit city.. ohio is a hillbilly red neck state like it's neighbor to the right west virginia.. Red necks every where
Seems like you are wrong a lot. We are used to that from MI fans.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See #7.

Case closed. He's the head coach of the Oakland Raiders in 2017.

That's my biggest fear. If Harbaugh fails, it could be the end of Michigan football as I knew it growing up. Harbaugh is our Obi Wan Kenobi. I feel fairly confident when looking at his past success (Stanford and the 49er's), but catching up to Ohio State is going to be a HUGE accomplishment that he just may not be able to do. Regardless, this should be a GREAT 3-5 year period as I think he will at least be in AA that long.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A little wrong? Funny how you insist that Cleveland is currently in worse shape than Detroit yet you won't post anything to back up your bullshit. And if the defending national champions suck what exactly does than make your wovlereeeens right now? Keep on talkin' shit, it's all ya got since meeeechegan can't beat Ohio State on the field.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meeeechegan football: because every rivalry needs a loser

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my biggest fear. If Harbaugh fails, it could be the end of Michigan football as I knew it growing up. Harbaugh is our Obi Wan Kenobi. I feel fairly confident when looking at his past success (Stanford and the 49er's), but catching up to Ohio State is going to be a HUGE accomplishment that he just may not be able to do. Regardless, this should be a GREAT 3-5 year period as I think he will at least be in AA that long.
Harbs should be there long enough to have them winning on a consistent basis. Meyer came out of the gate strong so it will be hard for Harbs to catch him. Kids watch ESPN so the more Harbs can be in the news the better. Right now he cant go to a kid and talk about winning but he can be the guy on TV all the time.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little wrong? Funny how you insist that Cleveland is currently in worse shape than Detroit yet you won't post anything to back up your bullshit. And if the defending national champions suck what exactly does than make your wovlereeeens right now? Keep on talkin' shit, it's all ya got since meeeechegan can't beat Ohio State on the field.

When it comes to sports, has any other major city underachieved more than the city of Cleveland? (I'm sure there are some, just can't think of any city that have at least 3 major sports teams) When was the last time they had a championship in Cleveland? Even if you throw Ohio State's success in the mix, wouldn't their success be owned by Cincy more than Cleveland? (I'm not from Ohio, so I'm just going by geographic reasoning) No doubt that Lebron will likely bring a championship to Cleveland, but until he does, I'm afraid that the stigma of not winning championships will stick with them.

I can understand people ripping on the city of Detroit for many reasons, but they've been pretty successful in terms of consistency and championships in sports over the past 30-40 years.

Reactions: BUD

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbs should be there long enough to have them winning on a consistent basis. Meyer came out of the gate strong so it will be hard for Harbs to catch him. Kids watch ESPN so the more Harbs can be in the news the better. Right now he cant go to a kid and talk about winning but he can be the guy on TV all the time.

I'm not too worried about him creating a team that can win a lot of games, and have some highly talented players. I worry more about whether they will catch Meyer and the Bucks. If Harbaugh can't get things going against OSU in the first 3-4 years, and a prime NFL job pops up, I could see him jump ship. That would really hurt Michigan at this point in their history. They really need a period of about 5 years where they beat the Buckeyes 2-3 times in that period. Unfortunately, I don't see them doing it in year 1, and probably not even in year 2.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it comes to sports, has any other major city underachieved more than the city of Cleveland? (I'm sure there are some, just can't think of any city that have at least 3 major sports teams) When was the last time they had a championship in Cleveland? Even if you throw Ohio State's success in the mix, wouldn't their success be owned by Cincy more than Cleveland? (I'm not from Ohio, so I'm just going by geographic reasoning)

I can understand people ripping on the city of Detroit for many reasons, but they've been pretty successful in terms of consistency and championships in sports over the past 30-40 years.
Well CBus is more in the middle. OSU is Clevelands college team, no doubt about it. Cincy has Cinncy, ND, and Louisville bball to a little extent. Still a lot of Buckeyes but it's not all Ohio State there.

Cleveland last championship in 64 by the Browns. No doubt the longest sports drought for cities with 3 plus teams. Bad luck and poor management. Those Indians teams of the 90s were superb. The Cavs have been the closest of recent time and Im thinking Bron brings one home before he's all done. Browns are still a clusterfuck and the owner is a moron so not much hope there. Hockey they had the Barrons for a couple years way back when but that was short lived.

Blue Jackets might be the front runners in the state of Ohio to win the next championship in pro sports. Not Cleveland but a nice amount of Jackets fans in Cleveland.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it comes to sports, has any other major city underachieved more than the city of Cleveland? (I'm sure there are some, just can't think of any city that have at least 3 major sports teams) When was the last time they had a championship in Cleveland? Even if you throw Ohio State's success in the mix, wouldn't their success be owned by Cincy more than Cleveland? (I'm not from Ohio, so I'm just going by geographic reasoning)

Well my comment was about comparing the current cities of Cleveland & Detroit since BUD said Cleveland is in worse shape, not comparing their respective sports histories. It's a no-brainer than Detroit's sports history is better than Cleveland's. Plus they have a great hockey team there & Cleveland doesn't have an NHL team. And while Cincy is closer to Columbus they don't consider Ohio State the # 1 team in the city. Cincinnati Bearcats, N.D. & probably Kentucky before Ohio State.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not too worried about him creating a team that can win a lot of games, and have some highly talented players. I worry more about whether they will catch Meyer and the Bucks. If Harbaugh can't get things going against OSU in the first 3-4 years, and a prime NFL job pops up, I could see him jump ship. That would really hurt Michigan at this point in their history. They really need a period of about 5 years where they beat the Buckeyes 2-3 times in that period. Unfortunately, I don't see them doing it in year 1, and probably not even in year 2.
I agree. But you never know. I would go against this year but next year is always a possibility. The players on both sides get up for that game so it can go either way.