• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How many teams do this?

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish Urb would do this to some of our players... I'm sure most of you have seen the tweet about "school" from one of our "student-athletes"

:L

I feel pretty certain that Meyer invoked his version of the Saban "Abuse Brings Control" policy of this knucklehead.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I would say all of this. A bad coach? Nah. But to each their own. I see the hate is strong with you against FSU. I wonder why? :whistle:

its not just FSU, if any coach has to resort to this then its pretty obvious he lacks discipline. sorry but im a bit of a realist and unless you are one of the top 10-15 teams, your primary goal is to teach and educate these young men. only a small percentage of FBS players have a shot in hell of going pro. so what about the rest of em? discard em like trash?

i have 10x more respect for a coach who goes 6-6 and runs his program the right way over an 8-4 coach who runs his program like thug U

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its not just FSU, if any coach has to resort to this then its pretty obvious he lacks discipline. sorry but im a bit of a realist and unless you are one of the top 10-15 teams, your primary goal is to teach and educate these young men. only a small percentage of FBS players have a shot in hell of going pro. so what about the rest of em? discard em like trash?

i have 10x more respect for a coach who goes 6-6 and runs his program the right way over an 8-4 coach who runs his program like thug U

I think you need to whip out your dictionary and look up the word realist, then read over the two highlighted statements after you've looked up the word incongruent

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Where do you get that if a coach bans social media they are NOT being a disciplinarian? Considering how many kids have gotten into trouble with social media and running their mouth. You cannot teach someone to watch what they say when they are a in a highly emotional and physical sport. The competitiveness comes out no matter what. There is no one single mold that you can fit all your players into.

What it does is bring FOCUS to the team by eliminating all of the bullshit influences during the season. YOu know those outside distractions that EVERY single coach talks about. By the way FSU was a top 15 team when he implemented this AND they are now as well. So what was your point again?

I am amazed how you think removing the distractions of FB, Twatter, and all of the others is not teaching them what is important and at the same time being a as you put it "thug U". YOu contradict yourself in every post on this issue.

LvilleSooner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No ban in Louisville that I know of - but on an individual basis, there have been occasions where Strong (and Pitino) will muzzle a player if need be.