• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How many teams do this?

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimbo Fisher the last 2 years has imposed a total ban on ALL social media for his players during the season. Not sure how much good it does considering all the players have friends and family. Are many other teams doing this?

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimbo Fisher the last 2 years has imposed a total ban on ALL social media for his players during the season. Not sure how much good it does considering all the players have friends and family. Are many other teams doing this?
Leach did this at Washington State I'm pretty sure.

On one hand I don't blame him because I have read some of the players tweets and you just shake your head wondering what the hell are they thinking.

On the other hand there is the argument it can cause resentment on the part of the players.

My guess is as long as they are winning the players won't care but if that stops they will start rebelling against it.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Social media is only going to hurt you anyways. They're better off without it.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip Kelly said it best.

"If I cant trust my players on social media, how can I trust them on 3rd down?"

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BSU has done this for years.

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't look like Wyo does.....but in finding out I found a tweet to Brett smith from a fan where he referred to the team as "we"

As in "we can play better than that"

Does that really work when you're actually talking to a player on the team?

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you need to implement something like this i think thats a sign that you are a bad coach.

I dont mean "on the field" coaching, but a big part of what these guys do is teaching young men life lessons. of the 120 FBS schools only 15 of them really are title contenders each year. of the 90 man rosters each team has the elite teams have no more than 30-40 players, the remaining power programs no more than 20 players, and the g5 programs no more than 10 players with any real pro football hopes.

so yes these coaches have a duty to not treat these guys like meat and use them up and discard them like trash once they have expended all their value to a program.

at the end of the day these are just student athletes and thats what makes this game so much different than the pros. and if they are not capable of of handling a social media account then i really dont know what else to say. because obviously the coaches are not doing their job and setting up these guys for failure down the road.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember hearing of this somewhere a couple of years ago. I can't remember where though.

AfrikaBlack

Hoopla Cash
$ 102.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoke lets them tweet and all of that. The only thing he banned was wearing anything other than Michigan around him like when a player wears a Yankees cap etc.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you need to implement something like this i think thats a sign that you are a bad coach.

I dont mean "on the field" coaching, but a big part of what these guys do is teaching young men life lessons. of the 120 FBS schools only 15 of them really are title contenders each year. of the 90 man rosters each team has the elite teams have no more than 30-40 players, the remaining power programs no more than 20 players, and the g5 programs no more than 10 players with any real pro football hopes.

so yes these coaches have a duty to not treat these guys like meat and use them up and discard them like trash once they have expended all their value to a program.

at the end of the day these are just student athletes and thats what makes this game so much different than the pros. and if they are not capable of of handling a social media account then i really dont know what else to say. because obviously the coaches are not doing their job and setting up these guys for failure down the road.

Not sure I would say all of this. A bad coach? Nah. But to each their own. I see the hate is strong with you against FSU. I wonder why? :whistle:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you ever post anything that isn't complete stupidity?

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Saban regarding social media:
Does Alabama have a social media policy for its football players?

Yes, coach Nick Saban said Tuesday (August '12).

"The policy is, if you do it responsibly, you can do it," Saban said. "Abuse brings control.

"We have a rule that you don't post anything about our team. We monitor what they tweet, because A) we don't want them to represent themselves poorly from a character standpoint, and B) we don't want them to do anything representing the team or what the team's trying to accomplish to be compromised by what they post.

"So as long as they do that responsibly, I trust them."

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just ban cell phone use at team functions. Totally ridiculous in my opinion to ban it all together. These are adults, and if you can't trust them on twitter you shouldn't have recruited them.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just ban cell phone use at team functions. Totally ridiculous in my opinion to ban it all together. These are adults, and if you can't trust them on twitter you shouldn't have recruited them.

I hardly consider an 18-19 year old kid an adult. Just because the government decided that was adult age so the could draft them doesn't mean they aren't dumb kids.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a few people do not understand why it is done by some coaches. It is more about the other people out there in the world than the player. Perception is reality with the NCAA and if it looks like a player is having contact with agents and what not. Well here come some suspension and sanctions.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miles shut the Honey-badger down because he would post retarded shit when he was high, which seemed to be always. :happy:

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish Urb would do this to some of our players... I'm sure most of you have seen the tweet about "school" from one of our "student-athletes"

:L