• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long before Russell Wilson breaks the all-time record?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not sure why the Broncos are benching Russ - he hasn’t been awful this year, and he’s better than Stidham. It seems like there’s a lot of conflict between Russ and Sean Payton, I have to think Russ’ time in Denver is over now. Personally I think Sean Payton is overrated and deserves criticism over how the Broncos season has gone down - I’m really not sure why Sean Payton is considered some great coach - he had one of the best QB’s ever in Drew Brees and only won 1 Super Bowl with him, they choked in the playoffs almost every time.
The Broncos are a poorly run unserious franchise. They send all sorts of draft capital to acquire Russ. Then when it doesn’t work out they send more draft capital to get a coach who almost immediately after the hire started signaling that Wilson wasn’t his kind of QB. The two moves are anything but complimentary to each other. Maybe Payton has the ability to fix them from here. What’s clear though is that this is a rudderless and clueless franchise in Denver.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos are a poorly run unserious franchise. They send all sorts of draft capital to acquire Russ. Then when it doesn’t work out they send more draft capital to get a coach who almost immediately after the hire started signaling that Wilson wasn’t his kind of QB. The two moves are anything but complimentary to each other. Maybe Payton has the ability to fix them from here. What’s clear though is that this is a rudderless and clueless franchise in Denver.
well I think they are serious. Unlike the Bengals from yester year refusing to use their money.

Their problem was new ownership just spent on the wrong thing(s), but they were definitely serious about changing the losing ways. Not afraid to spend money or go after whatever. I do agree they were rudderless however. I do believe this ownership will do whatever they feel they need to. To become relevant again. Think they are headed in the right direction, but they will have to get out from under the Wilson contract.
They definitely aint afraid to make moves.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I think they are serious. Unlike the Bengals from yester year refusing to use their money.

Their problem was new ownership just spent on the wrong thing(s), but they were definitely serious about changing the losing ways. Not afraid to spend money or go after whatever. I do agree they were rudderless however. I do believe this ownership will do whatever they feel they need to. To become relevant again. Think they are headed in the right direction, but they will have to get out from under the Wilson contract.
They definitely aint afraid to make moves.
But this story sounds like Ishbia with the Phoenix Suns. Unserious in my eyes = just logically ridiculous moves for the sake of making a move and making a splash. They whiffed on their big target Aaron Rodgers and yet we’re stuck with a head coach that was only hired to woo Rodgers. Dude was trying to run stuff designed for a skill set like Rodgers with Russ. It’s just mind boggling. It honestly looks like the sports version of being bi-polar.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a completely dumbass and idiotic take.

1st, Denver essentially traded a 2nd rounder for a 3rd and Sean Payton, that‘s not giving up a ton of draft capitol. The 1st they gave up was the pick they fleeced Miami for because they were desperate to add an edge rusher and Denver wasn’t re-signing Bradley Chubb regardless.

2nd, the fact that Denver went out and got Sean Payton proves the ownership was serious about fixing this team, regardless of price. Russ had an awful year in 2022 and Denver brought in the best coach available try and fix him, it worked but not nearly enough to their liking so when it comes down to it Denver is choosing a potential Hall of Fame head coach over a QB on the downward spiral of his career. This isn’t another Belichick/Brady scenario Denver is actually making the correct call here. You bring in someone who has the best chance to lead your franchise forward you don’t just accept your GM(who is likely to be fired) made a bad call and just sit there and throw your hands up in the air and do nothing.

If Denver wasn’t serious they would’ve just brought in a coach who was ok riding out this bad contract with Wilson or just sticking with Hackett and then trying again in 4-5 years. They ain’t those type of people they brought in someone in Payton who was going to course correct the ship as soon as possible but cutting Wilson at the beginning of this year wasn’t a possibility.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1st, Denver essentially traded a 2nd rounder for a 3rd and Sean Payton, that‘s not giving up a ton of draft capitol. The 1st they gave up was the pick they fleeced Miami for because they were desperate to add an edge rusher and Denver wasn’t re-signing Bradley Chubb regardless.

2nd, the fact that Denver went out and got Sean Payton proves the ownership was serious about fixing this team, regardless of price. Russ had an awful year in 2022 and Denver brought in the best coach available try and fix him, it worked but not nearly enough to their liking so when it comes down to it Denver is choosing a potential Hall of Fame head coach over a QB on the downward spiral of his career. This isn’t another Belichick/Brady scenario Denver is actually making the correct call here. You bring in someone who has the best chance to lead your franchise forward you don’t just accept your GM(who is likely to be fired) made a bad call and just sit there and throw your hands up in the air and do nothing.

If Denver wasn’t serious they would’ve just brought in a coach who was ok riding out this bad contract with Wilson or just sticking with Hackett and then trying again in 4-5 years. They ain’t those type of people they brought in someone in Payton who was going to course correct the ship as soon as possible but cutting Wilson at the beginning of this year wasn’t a possibility.
I apologize. The better choice of words would have been to call them incompetent.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

New owner may be worth 65 billion, but he gets a big fat F as a grade so far.

I don't share your confidence that Payton is the man to turn this thing around. Not just because I don't like him personally, I just think he's old and over it. This was an obvious cash grab and I'm not convinced he can identify a QB that isn't Drew Brees (who also fell in his lap).

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I apologize. The better choice of words would have been to call them incompetent.
They didn’t make the trade for Wilson, they didn’t give him a giant extension before he even played a snap.

You can say they’re inexperienced because they let the GM the previous regime had run the ship instead of bringing in their own guy but that’s not being incompetent.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Throwing money at a problem coaching vacancy is great if you make the right hire. I'm not convinced Payton is the right guy.

Also, How did ownership ever sign off on Russ getting his own office?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't share your confidence that Payton is the man to turn this thing around. Not just because I don't like him personally, I just think he's old and over it. This was an obvious cash grab and I'm not convinced he can identify a QB that isn't Drew Brees (who also fell in his lap).
I see what you see on Payton. I think he has a solid offensive mind though going back to his days as an OC before he was with the Saints. That’s why I hedged with a “maybe”. I think he lost his edge at some point in New Orleans. We will see if he can get it back.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It only took Payton less than one year to put the best offensive product the Broncos have seen since Manning in 2014 on the field, clearly he still has it, especially since he’s doing it with a quarterback he apparently doesn’t even like and doesn’t fit his mold.

And as far as ownership goes, they‘re only an F if you overlook everything else they’ve done to rebuild this team and their perception.

They’ve replaced the grass at the stadium twice in the span of a year in order to help keep it in pristine condition to limit player injuries, they‘ve spent hundreds of millions of dollars in upgrades to the rest of the stadium to give fans a better experience/quality of life while at games. They’ve hired the best trainers and sports science guys they could find to help player personal and limit injuries(which has worked tremendously in keeping injuries down this year compared to the last several years).

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to @DMRussini, Looks like Russell may be cut in March

Attachments

• IMG_3367.png
    IMG_3367.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 2

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That dead cap hit is just silly.
so am I reading this right.
dead cap will be 85 mil?
I feel like I am missing some of the small print or something?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so am I reading this right.
dead cap will be 85 mil?
I feel like I am missing some of the small print or something?
Me too. If it’s done before March there’s $37 million that doesn’t vest. I’m not sure if that 85 mil dead cap accounts for that already on sportstrac or not.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. If it’s done before March there’s $37 million that doesn’t vest. I’m not sure if that 85 mil dead cap accounts for that already on sportstrac or not.
I've read 85 mil or split between two years 35.4 & 49.6 the next. :oops:

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read 85 mil or split between two years 35.4 & 49.6 the next. :oops:
They’re going to draft a young QB and then waste two of the five year cap benefit you get on the rookie deal.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They’re going to draft a young QB and then waste two of the five year cap benefit you get on the rookie deal.
or stick with Stidman for a year.
Didnt someone say they gave up their 1st this coming year?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or stick with Stidman for a year.
Didnt someone say they gave up their 1st this coming year?
I think they have this year’s first and right now it comes in around 14. If they close with 2 losses (looks like this could be a tank) they likely have a top ten pick in a QB deep draft.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does this year. His O-Line is #4 in pass blocking and #8 in run blocking. The line isn’t the reason he’s been sacked 45 times.

It's the incompetent, overrated play caller who runs up the middle on the first 2 downs.