• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long before Russell Wilson breaks the all-time record?

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With two weeks left this year, perhaps now is a good time for a bump. Aaron Rodgers managed to avoid taking a single sack without getting injured so Russ is only five away from overtaking that 4th spot. With two weeks left, that should happen.

1703620524190.png

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not sure why the Broncos are benching Russ - he hasn’t been awful this year, and he’s better than Stidham. It seems like there’s a lot of conflict between Russ and Sean Payton, I have to think Russ’ time in Denver is over now. Personally I think Sean Payton is overrated and deserves criticism over how the Broncos season has gone down - I’m really not sure why Sean Payton is considered some great coach - he had one of the best QB’s ever in Drew Brees and only won 1 Super Bowl with him, they choked in the playoffs almost every time.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ benched…

March 8, 2022 Wilson traded from Sea To Den
March 18, 2022 Watson traded from Houston to Cle

Possibly the two worst trades in the history of the NFL, when including both what was given up in terms of picks and players and also the contracts given to the new player, and made with 2 weeks of each other

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not sure why the Broncos are benching Russ - he hasn’t been awful this year, and he’s better than Stidham. It seems like there’s a lot of conflict between Russ and Sean Payton, I have to think Russ’ time in Denver is over now. Personally I think Sean Payton is overrated and deserves criticism over how the Broncos season has gone down - I’m really not sure why Sean Payton is considered some great coach - he had one of the best QB’s ever in Drew Brees and only won 1 Super Bowl with him, they choked in the playoffs almost every time.

I believe it simply comes down to the money they'll have to pay him if he gets hurt before the start of next season. They're taking the risk off the table since they're out of the playoffs.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos QB Russell Wilson has been benched for the remainder of the 2023 season, according to Adam Schefter.
Wilson has been better than he was last season, but that was an extremely low bar to clear. He was still being hidden at every possible opportunity by Sean Payton’s coaching staff. The plan has sputtered out over the past month and Wilson has been unable to put the offense on his back. Wilson is guaranteed $39 million in 2024; however, he has an additional $37 million in 2025 salary that is guaranteed only in the case of injury and vests in March of 2024. That means that if Wilson suffered a serious injury at the end of this season that would cause him to still be injured in March of next year, that $37 million would be guaranteed to him. The Broncos are deciding not to risk that and will start Jarett Stidham the rest of the way. This move also likely signals the end of Wilson’s time in Denver as it would be unlikely they make this move and then keep him as their starter in 2023.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree that Sean Payton is vastly overrated. Payton does not like the offense? Well, it's his offense and he calls the plays. Can the Bronco's play defense? Once in a while and there's no consistency.

You also mention that the Saints under Payton regularly choked in the playoffs, yet not once did I ever see Payton go after Brees.

Wilson is being scapegoated for a poorly designed offense and a poor defense.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Sean Payton is vastly overrated. Payton does not like the offense? Well, it's his offense and he calls the plays. Can the Bronco's play defense? Once in a while and there's no consistency.

You also mention that the Saints under Payton regularly choked in the playoffs, yet not once did I ever see Payton go after Brees.

Wilson is being scapegoated for a poorly designed offense and a poor defense.
the offense is way better than last year (what Payton inherited)
If the HC doesnt think the QB is what he needs for his offense, then the QB has to go. If this is the way to keep from financially handicap the future cap. Then this is the way to go.

What is crazy to me is. If this is the direction they are going (Russ being gone next year) then why have him as the back up? Make him inactive.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit.
Deshaun Watson at 9.17%
It is crazy to see a QB from this era even be close to the worst.
Considering they get the ball out so fast & the QB from yesteryear took 7 step drops & held the ball for 10 seconds. (well 30 seconds for Fran) LOL

The craziest on that list is on the other side of the spectrum in Blanda not taking any sacks in his era. Before my time so I have no idea why.