• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Hot 'Stros to cool their heels in Arlington 6/6 to 6/9

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now if you could do something about your buddy Dave

Oh good heavens....you can't put that one me....PLEASE.

For the most part, he is totally clueless, and our TV announcers continue to be the worst I've ever heard.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, assuming that we're still pennant contenders at the trade deadline, the team is relatively healthy across the board, and JD only makes one trade, what would you have him acquire:

A) TORP (Sale, Gray?) to put with Hamels, Darvish, and Lewis for the playoffs
B) Proven closer (Andrew Miller?) to allow Dyson to slide back into his 8th inning role
C) Reliable depth reliever (Doolittle, D Phelps, F Abad?) for 6th-7th inning or situational work
D) Upgraded starting bat (Lucroy?)
E) Bench bat (J Lowrie, B Butler?)

Got A and C last year, probably have the pieces to do it again. Was thinking the other day about how much we would be willing to give up for a TORP. I sure would love Fernandez

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh good heavens....you can't put that one me....PLEASE.

For the most part, he is totally clueless, and our TV announcers continue to be the worst I've ever heard.

I agree completely

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
multiple offender probably deserved 20, will likely only miss one start anyway

To me this is total BS. He's been nothing but a problem since he got called up, and now you suspend him for 9 games. At most he'll miss 2 starts.

I agree with ya, 20 games would have been fair. That's 4 starts.

Why do everyday players lose actual "game penalties" and pitchers don't?

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly rather see Claudio out there instead of Tom
Actually I was not that disappointed in Willie last night. I know he gave up 2 runs but all 3 hits were ground balls. One up the middle. one just to the right of Odor and the one down the line. He ended up pitching 2 innings. Now I would like to see LuJac come around because he seems to have good stuff but he has a hard time with location. If he could get that going he would be a tough guy out of the pen.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me this is total BS. He's been nothing but a problem since he got called up, and now you suspend him for 9 games. At most he'll miss 2 starts.

His own players are sick of him. He puts his players in jeopardy with pay back like Padilla would do to us.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still not sold on Fielder yet. But I will say that Moreland last night almost had a HR and his walk late in the game was a very good AB. Then today he produced again. Maybe he is coming around. But a couple games from either of these guys is not enough even though it will gain them 30 games with Banister and Tag.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I was not that disappointed in Willie last night. I know he gave up 2 runs but all 3 hits were ground balls. One up the middle. one just to the right of Odor and the one down the line. He ended up pitching 2 innings. Now I would like to see LuJac come around because he seems to have good stuff but he has a hard time with location. If he could get that going he would be a tough guy out of the pen.

I missed seeing Tom's appearance last night, just extremely disappointed in his overall performance this season. Pretty awful to date. I hope Jackson can get his command figured out while at RR and hopefully a haircut too, but I will be good with his pitching improving regardless

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They definitely need to change the way they suspend pitchers. It needs to be starts instead of games.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But a couple games from either of these guys is not enough even though it will gain them 30 games with Banister and Tag.

I hear ya. But I'm trying not to let TAG, Mac and "little" Dave influence me too much.

MM has 3 doubles in the last 3 games. I'm not anointing him, but hey it's a nice start. I guess that would be "restart."

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How baseball handles these things is a travesty, the Jays suspensions in the brawl vs the Rangers were a total joke and thats not the homer in me talking. Pitcher suspensions in baseball have been far too lenient vs position players as related to actual starts missed.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, assuming that we're still pennant contenders at the trade deadline, the team is relatively healthy across the board, and JD only makes one trade, what would you have him acquire:

A) TORP (Sale, Gray?) to put with Hamels, Darvish, and Lewis for the playoffs
B) Proven closer (Andrew Miller?) to allow Dyson to slide back into his 8th inning role
C) Reliable depth reliever (Doolittle, D Phelps, F Abad?) for 6th-7th inning or situational work
D) Upgraded starting bat (Lucroy?)
E) Bench bat (J Lowrie, B Butler?)

Easily C. Our starting pitching is stout. Only SP I'm interested in is Fernandes. Having a stout bullpen goes a very long way in the playoffs.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers' Adrian Beltre: Day-to-day with mild hamstring strain
by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire
Beltre's MRI on Thursday revealed a mild left hamstring strain and the Rangers plan on evaluating him day by day, Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports.

The veteran third baseman was held out of Thursday's game against the Astros after exiting the previous game with a tight left hamstring. The MRI confirmed that Beltre has a strain, but there is no plan at this time to place him on the disabled list. Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram is reporting that Beltre will travel with the team for the Rangers' upcoming road trip that kicks off Friday in Seattle. If Beltre is to miss additional time beyond Thursday, the versatile Jurickson Profar could take over at the hot corner in his place.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure didn't seem like the catcher was in a hurry to intervene.

If anything, he slowed down. Seriously.

So now Ventura gets 9 games, which is one start, and 8 games where he can't sit in the dugout/BP. Hell, the Royals don't want to him sitting with them anyway. This is really a gift to KC.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darryl.......ride the wave while you're hot.....Get the next thread going.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's being reported that Beltre has a mild left hamstring strain and is day to day. No DL stint expected.
Seems like we have a lot of these day to day things turn into DL stints.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya. But I'm trying not to let TAG, Mac and "little" Dave influence me too much.

MM has 3 doubles in the last 3 games. I'm not anointing him, but hey it's a nice start. I guess that would be "restart."
That should get his trade value up. Maybe we can turn him into bullpen depth.