• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Hot 'Stros to cool their heels in Arlington 6/6 to 6/9

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes he can lose command. Dyson did the other night and worried me, but he had worked three days in a row.

I'm going to chalk it up to fatigue at this point and he apparently he had an fingernail issue that may have played a part

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also didn't realize that Dyson is a former Blue Jay
He was DFA'd for Mark Derosa...well done Jays. Glad the Marlins didn't realize how good his sinker truly is, because man it's been ridiculous.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of figured everyone would vote for the reliable reliever option, and I have to say I'd agree with that choice too. The three names I threw out there, Doolittle, Phelps, and Abad, are ones I've heard rumored as likely available and somewhat affordable in terms of what it would take to get them. Each plays for a bad team not in contention (A's, Marlins, Twins), each is on a short-term contract nearing its end, and each has been pretty reliable out of the bullpen for multiple seasons with a sub-3.00 ERA (sub-2.00 in some seasons). Phelps and Abad in particular I feel are both very underrated middle relievers who quietly go about racking up outs and getting out of jams while giving very little up.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of figured everyone would vote for the reliable reliever option, and I have to say I'd agree with that choice too. The three names I threw out there, Doolittle, Phelps, and Abad, are ones I've heard rumored as likely available and somewhat affordable in terms of what it would take to get them. Each plays for a bad team not in contention (A's, Marlins, Twins), each is on a short-term contract nearing its end, and each has been pretty reliable out of the bullpen for multiple seasons with a sub-3.00 ERA (sub-2.00 in some seasons). Phelps and Abad in particular I feel are both very underrated middle relievers who quietly go about racking up outs and getting out of jams while giving very little up.

Doolittle is weird...he's mediocre at home this year, but perfect on the road. Phelps and Abad though...because their numbers are so good I bet they are gonna cost more.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We could use the relief help now, and not wait until trade deadline. Im afraid, as we all are that these 3-4 guys in the pen are going to get way overused in the 1st half of the season and not have anything left at the EOY and for the playoffs should we make them. A healthy Kela should help in the 2nd half but we could use 1-2 more guys out there

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should kill this thread and focus on the new one. Die mariners die!

F the Mariners and everyone in the AL West besides the Texas Rangers. On to the new thread!