• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here's Why Sandy Alderson is Such a Good GM...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...He's smart enough to make sure this team has a few bright spots and is competitive enough, at least in the early going, to provide some entertainment and perhaps a glimmer of hope for the fans. He knows it's gonna be a lonnnnnnnnnnnnng summer.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...He's smart enough to make sure this team has a few bright spots and is competitive enough, at least in the early going, to provide some entertainment and perhaps a glimmer of hope for the fans. He knows it's gonna be a lonnnnnnnnnnnnng summer.

This team is COMPLETELY snakebit right now. Just finding more creative ways to lose every night out.

I mean, come ON...two straight nights of losing to the Marlins after leading in the ninth? It more than boggles the mind.

At least last year, they were enjoyable up until July. This month sucks.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's ok. I don't expect them to make a playoff run or to be competitive, but from an entertainment standpoint I think this team will get a boost when Wheeler, D'Arnaud and some of the other young guys like Mejia come up later in the year.

With the exception of Ike, the guys we need to play well have. Harvey, Niese, Wright, Murphy, Valdespin and to a lesser extent Duda. The OF and bullpen suck, which we already knew was going to happen. Marcum was hurt early on but he should be ok now that he's back. Move Buck and look to the future.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're also setup pretty nicely for the future. Niese, Harvey and Wheeler project to be the top 3 next season and for years to come.

Infield that includes Wright, Murphy, D'Arnaud and I guess if Ike can get his act together is solid.

Sign an outfielder or 2.

Trade for and sign bullpen help as well as move some of our young arms to the pen.

Johan ($25 millionish?) Bay ($17 millionish?) and Francisco ($6 million) are all off the books ($48 million), for an already pretty low payroll. Which means we should be spenders this offseason.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Past two nights have been "entertaining," haven't they? Just maddening if you're a Met.

Wheeler boost, yes. All indications are that he's the real deal. D'arnaud, seems a bit...how to put this delicately...non-durable? Fingers crossed on that one.

Yes, the bullpen. Argh. Argh. Don't know what else to say. Collins should have just let Hefner stay in and be the one to give up the bloop single and the wild pitch to end it. No win situation after Pierre got on base.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will be spenders this off season and I have faith in Alderson and his staff. It's just gonna be tough to go through another summer of this, even though we all knew that 2013 was a throwaway year. As for Duda and Ike, well, i'm still in Duda's corner. He's no gazelle in the outfield (I know, that's an understatement), but he's shown tremendous improvement at the plate, especially with his patience. I don't really know what to say about Ike right now...he looks absolutely lost for the most part.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and just nuke the bullpen.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will be spenders this off season and I have faith in Alderson and his staff. It's just gonna be tough to go through another summer of this, even though we all knew that 2013 was a throwaway year. As for Duda and Ike, well, i'm still in Duda's corner. He's no gazelle in the outfield (I know, that's an understatement), but he's shown tremendous improvement at the plate, especially with his patience. I don't really know what to say about Ike right now...he looks absolutely lost for the most part.

I'm thinking if Ike just continues to shit the bed and can't do much at the plate we may wind up moving Duda to first in the future. That would mean either trading Ike, moving him down to get some work, I don't know, but we need that guy to start hitting and protecting Wright.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wheeler boost, yes. All indications are that he's the real deal. D'arnaud, seems a bit...how to put this delicately...non-durable? Fingers crossed on that one.

This is a fear of mine as well, although his current injury isn't related to any past injuries, just bad luck. Hopefully his past injuries stay in the past and this current injury (a foul ball off his foot) is nothing serious.