• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here we go! Cross your fingers.....

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we concerned he hit .222 when healthy last year...i get very scared talking prospects

You could argue Walker had similar red flags last year . Was injured a good portion of the year and while Myers production was inconsistent, Walkers control up here was also inconsistent.

My ideal situation to trade Walker would be to get an outfield bat under club control with upside. This fits that criteria. I just think right field needs to be addressed before other moves are made.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could argue Walker had similar red flags last year . Was injured a good portion of the year and while Myers production was inconsistent, Walkers control up here was also inconsistent.

My ideal situation to trade Walker would be to get an outfield bat under club control with upside. This fits that criteria. I just think right field needs to be addressed before other moves are made.

Oh man the dreaded upside. (battered fan syndrome in me says) upside like, Smoak, Ackley, Montero, Saunders, Miller, Franklin, I could keep going.....

If were gonna flip a Walker, Who apparently still has alot of value, I prefer a bad thats proven.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd do Walker for Myers straight up. Got no problem with that trade at all. Myers is going to hit. He may not have the kind of numbers he'd ring up if he was still playing in the AL East, but he'll hit enough to make a difference.

150 games/12-18 homers/75-80 RBI/.280 BA ? Yeah, that would work for me and those numbers are entirely attainable for him.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man the dreaded upside. (battered fan syndrome in me says) upside like, Smoak, Ackley, Montero, Saunders, Miller, Franklin, I could keep going.....

If were gonna flip a Walker, Who apparently still has alot of value, I prefer a bad thats proven.

The primary difference between Myers and the guys you mentioned is that none of those guys have had a season remotely close to the succcess Myers had in his first year.

ehwq

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The primary difference between Myers and the guys you mentioned is that none of those guys have had a season remotely close to the succcess Myers had in his first year.

Ackley had a pretty good rookie year

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

odd comparison

i think maybe a lot of people out here don't know much about myers

i understand being skeptical about pretty much any trade, though

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really hope that if it's not myers it is indeed werth

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ackley had a pretty good rookie year

Ackley was good for about six weeks his first year. And then the league pitchers figured him out and made an adjustment. Three years later, we are still waiting for Ackley to make a counter adjustment. I like Ackley but I think it is time to accept him for what he is, a .250BA/.700 OPS guy with below average power for a corner outffielder.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ackley was good for about six weeks his first year. And then the league pitchers figured him out and made an adjustment. Three years later, we are still waiting for Ackley to make a counter adjustment. I like Ackley but I think it is time to accept him for what he is, a .250BA/.700 OPS guy with below average power for a corner outffielder.

i remember talking about how much more potential seager had than ackley starting back at the beginning of the 2012 season on the espn board.

i was told many times that i was incredibly wrong, and that seager would never amount to what ackley could. that lasted all the way up until espn ended their message boards.

even now, about to head into 2015, i'm sure there are some people holding onto the ghost that ackley has a high ceiling even though he has been dominated without reply by even the worst pitching for the better part of 3 years.

it's like we've been bad for so long, a lot of people can't see what's right in front of them, and prefer to fantasize.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've tried to find something on this, but haven't found anything. Where did you see this?

Sorry, it wasn't an exact reliable source but I'm not sure how to copy and paste links. My uncle lives outside of Atlanta and was reading it some rumor blog then it was going around facebook down there.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, it wasn't an exact reliable source but I'm not sure how to copy and paste links. My uncle lives outside of Atlanta and was reading it some rumor blog then it was going around facebook down there.

No worries. I have a feeling that once Myers is confirmed to be headed to SD Atlanta will drastically lower their demands, thus opening the door for us to snag Upton. At least thats the plan I'm hoping for.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Jim Bowden of ESPN and SiriusXM, the three-team Wil Myers trade is "done."

Bowden has the breakdown of who's heading where: Padres shortstop prospect Trea Turner and pitching prospect Joe Ross will go to the Nationals. Myers, Ryan Hanigan, and minor league pitchers Jose Castillo and Gerardo Reyes will go to the Padres. Steven Souza, Travis Ott, Rene Rivera, Burch Smith, and Jake Bauers will go to the Rays (with Ott and Souza coming from the Nats). All the players involved need to pass physicals before the trade can be made official.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Jim Bowden of ESPN and SiriusXM, the three-team Wil Myers trade is "done."

Bowden has the breakdown of who's heading where: Padres shortstop prospect Trea Turner and pitching prospect Joe Ross will go to the Nationals. Myers, Ryan Hanigan, and minor league pitchers Jose Castillo and Gerardo Reyes will go to the Padres. Steven Souza, Travis Ott, Rene Rivera, Burch Smith, and Jake Bauers will go to the Rays (with Ott and Souza coming from the Nats). All the players involved need to pass physicals before the trade can be made official.

so the Padres got Myers, Upton and Kemp, or did the Kemp deal not go through?

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so the Padres got Myers, Upton and Kemp, or did the Kemp deal not go through?

the kemp deal is indeed going through, arthritic hips and all

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i remember talking about how much more potential seager had than ackley starting back at the beginning of the 2012 season on the espn board.

i was told many times that i was incredibly wrong, and that seager would never amount to what ackley could. that lasted all the way up until espn ended their message boards.

even now, about to head into 2015, i'm sure there are some people holding onto the ghost that ackley has a high ceiling even though he has been dominated without reply by even the worst pitching for the better part of 3 years.

it's like we've been bad for so long, a lot of people can't see what's right in front of them, and prefer to fantasize.

I still think Ackley has more upside and if he turns it around can contribute overall to the team more than Seager but Ackley's main problem is that he is mentally fragile as opposed to Seager who has shown how mentally strong he is. Seager's upside is a 3 tool player, Ackley has the ability of a 4 tool player IMO.

They need to either decide whether they want to give Ackley one more year or deal him for a bag of balls. If they try to platoon him he will contribute next to nothing to the organization except possibly a late inning pinch runner.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i've made my peace with the ghosts of the insane espn board. absolutely nothing else to say about the ack.