• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here we go! Cross your fingers.....

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love it.

Thisnamewasntaken

Formerly from ESPN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously take this with a grain of salt...

The various #Mariners beat guys who are reporting on the potential trade have eliminated Upton, Harper and Viciedo from being the return.

OK I WAS LATE POSTING LOL BUT STILL HAVE MENTIONED MEYERS AS A TARGET BEFORE.

Wil Meyers! Maybe the Padres are working with the Rays to acquire and flip him and if that were the case it would be even better than dealing with Tampa ourselves because it sends someone just for example: Walker out of the AL. If there's even a chance we give up someone with significant value and there's a chance we get burned (I guess there's always a chance) by said player then we won't have to play against him as much and it would haunt us less.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't paid a ton of attention to him in particular, and the fact that he was hurt quite a bit last year didn't help in getting much attention. Although, ROY honors and team control until 2019 sounds like an amazing deal. This would be the Upton deal that got vetoed plus more IMO. Come on Jackie Boy!

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on the price. Only a couple partial seasons to go off of and a broken wrist was it? Although ROY at age 22/23 is pretty amazing. Upton seems a little lower risk, but Myers could be high potential with 5 years control.

Thisnamewasntaken

Formerly from ESPN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've followed Meyers a little before he was traded from KC and when the trade went down I was pissed because I wanted to trade Walker for him 2 years ago. I like the risk/reward if this is the proposed trade.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've followed Meyers a little before he was traded from KC and when the trade went down I was pissed because I wanted to trade Walker for him 2 years ago. I like the risk/reward if this is the proposed trade.

As far as trying to create a young core that can continually win, then Myers would fit the bill over Upton, Werth, Braun, etc. I get nervous with somewhat unproven players, but that is exactly what Walker is, so at least there is some data on Myers that says he can play the game.

We'll see what shakes out, but if it is truly an impact OFer of similar value to Upton or better, then I am going to be super pumped for this season. I know we still need another pitcher or two and some luck with injuries, and progression from a couple guys, but this is very exciting news.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors are a deal for Upton revolving around Edwin Diaz.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we concerned he hit .222 when healthy last year...i get very scared talking prospects

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we concerned he hit .222 when healthy last year...i get very scared talking prospects

Understandable, but I personally find pitching prospects far more concerning. I see the chances of Taijuan Walker becoming a Hultzen or Pineda before Myers becoming an Ackley. Anything is possible, but throwing arms take a beating. Plus, Safeco produces enough pitching on its own that I think it's worth the risk.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not seeing anything linking us. Lots or rays and pads talk,

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sophomore slump? It is certainly a risk, especially with the stress fracture in the wrist. High risk, high reward maybe and a place holder for Alex Jackson, but at a cost of possibly Walker. Tough decision, very tough.

Thisnamewasntaken

Formerly from ESPN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walker comes with his risks too, I think we should roll the dice on Myers. I don't think there's anything linking us because Padres/Rays are just talking. I'm assuming Padres would send prospects to Rays and then Padres would flip Myers to us for Walker. Jack is probably just still exploring a trade for Upton and at the same time maybe saying "well we have other options and we're thinking of pulling the trigger, this is your last chance." Then again this is me making up shit in my head LOL.

OR it all sounds awesome and we see Myers and Mariners both mentioned but it turns out we just helped both teams make the trade and we really get someone like Carlos Quentin haha.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thisnamewasntaken

Formerly from ESPN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason A. Churchill @ProspectInsider
"Boy this is getting crazy. Someone very connected now is telling me Seattle not the 3rd teamin TB-SD rumored swap."
7:18 PM - 16 Dec 2014

Probably the Rangers or Orioles. Damn.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuck

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and we are back to one of my earlier thoughts....Werth. We were already talking to Washington, maybe the subject moved to Werth. 3 years left on his contract. High OBP. Not sure of his fielding since I didn't pay attention to the Nats. He holds down RF until Alex Jackson is ready.

I saw something else that said Desmond may still be in play.

Please be "good" trader Jack and not "Figgy" trader Jack.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like I'm in the minority here, but I'm not sure how thrilled I'd be with a trade that moved Walker for Myers.

The Mariners are on win now mode, what if the 2014 Wil Myers is the real Wil Myers? I'd rather trade Walker for someone that we know will help us immediately. I don't think you have that with Myers.

ehwq

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was definitely having flash backs to the Pineda/Montero trade for a minute.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Churchill says hitter in question is a notch below Harper and a notch above Upton. Subjective, but not a ton of players between.

Wait, what? 'A notch below Harper and a notch above Upton'? That can only be possible if they are taking about BJ Upton or Kate Upton. There is no way in hell that Harper is notches above Justin Upton. Maybe he will be someday, but he isn't yet.