• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

here our some options for next year

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here is a look at some FA's and draft picks we can look at and some more ways to free up cap space
we will be 31 mil under the cap to start with but here are some cuts we can make and what they do to our cap

carriker 3.6 savings dead space 3.1
chester 2.7 savings dead space 1.6
monty 1.9 savings dead sapce 1.5
morgan 6.3 savings dead space 3.7
LBF 4.6 savings dead space 2.1
stieger 1.1 savings dead space 2.2

that gives us an additional 20.2 mil but it will cost 14.2 mil in dead space

now if we do that then i would sign free agents who are under 28 that should be the teams standard

so here are my 2 targets for center

alex mack 28 yrs old he made 2.9 mil . what does it take to bring him in ? i say 4 mil
brian de la puente 28 he made 2.0 mil i say 4 mil gets him here

so now we are at 16.2 mil and we have overpaid for a center but this is just a gage
next we have OG

zane beadles 28 he made 1 mil / i figure we offer 2 mil he is a pro bowl guard as is mack above
mike mcglynn 28 he made 1 mil
so 2 ogs will cost 4 mil

we are at 12.2 mil and we have a new interior o/line

next we have ilb

brandon spikes 26 he made 837,000 last season to pry him away we will need about 3 mil
dj williams 26 he made 1.7 mil again i see 3 mil to 4 mil here

so now we have 8.2 mil

we have Cb next

aquib talib made 5 mil and is 28 i would say 7 brings him in
sam shields made 2 mil and is 27 maybe you get him for 5 mil

so for the sake of argument we spend 7 mil

that leaves 1.2 mil for a new punter on money we have saved on cuts

now for the 31 mil

franchise Rak at 10 mil (should be less but for the sake of argument)
resign hall at 4 mil
resign jackson at 1.5 mil
doughty at 1 mil we are at 16.5 mil

that looks like a couple of playmaking wr's there

now here are some draft prospects we could look at in rounds 2-3

ILB shane skov ilb 6-3 244 4.75
ILB christian jones 6-4 232 4.62
Cb louchez purifoy 6-1 189 4.4
CB antoine exum 6-1 224 4.58
S haha clinton dix 6-1 205 4.53
S calvin prior 6-2 205 4.53
S deone bucannon 6-1 215 4.56 speed
OT antoine richardson 6-6 332 lbs
OT cameron erving 6-6 310 lbs
OG cyril richardson 6-5 335
OG xavier su a filo 6-5b 315

so this is one way to fix the team , i am sure some others have different ways but here is my 1st look :suds::suds:

Last edited by a moderator:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
michael oher would be a great option for us at RT he made 6.8 last season though

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about replacing the entire interior Oline. What about Hurt and Gettis?

I know we had this coversation but I don't see Orakpo getting franchised. He is getting a lot of heat in the DC metro area.

We need at least one ILB.

Of course a lot of people want to see Shanahan gone if that happens god only knows what will happen personnel wise.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about replacing the entire interior Oline. What about Hurt and Gettis?

I know we had this coversation but I don't see Orakpo getting franchised. He is getting a lot of heat in the DC metro area.

We need at least one ILB.

Of course a lot of people want to see Shanahan gone if that happens god only knows what will happen personnel wise.

Hurt and Gettis were mistakes. We need starters, not backups. We need an ILB and an OLB unless they do resign RAK.

As far as Shanahan... if he goes all bets are off because simply put we would be starting from ground zero again.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice work skinsdad but but but. Skins history will tell all of us no matter who they get in free agents and who who ever we get as are'coaches it will never work personaly I don't think shanys or haslett will be back we should be talking about new'coaches not new players but then again talking about are next coach is pointless because history will tell us he won't work out either.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice work skinsdad but but but. Skins history will tell all of us no matter who they get in free agents and who who ever we get as are'coaches it will never work personaly I don't think shanys or haslett will be back we should be talking about new'coaches not new players but then again talking about are next coach is pointless because history will tell us he won't work out either.
I'm still freaking mad about thrusday I will never ever forget that game:gaah:

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
michael oher would be a great option for us at RT he made 6.8 last season though

Good options Dad. I hope we take the same approach the Chiefs did and use our cap wisely to address glaring holes. I would like to use a mixture of drafting and free agency to fix the team. We have 2 things going for us:

1. We have a huge amount of cap room and will have even more once we cut under-achieving/older players.

2. We have been drafting extremely well as of late. I have no doubt we will draft some great players especially with the 2nd and 3rd rounders.

That being said, we could potentially have 8 new starters (upgrades) next year.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurt and Gettis were mistakes. We need starters, not backups. We need an ILB and an OLB unless they do resign RAK.

As far as Shanahan... if he goes all bets are off because simply put we would be starting from ground zero again.

way too harsh to call mid 2 late round picks mistakes

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont see the shanahan's leaving next season . not at this point

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
way too harsh to call mid 2 late round picks mistakes

When you go into the season depending on them, its not too harsh. Our line has been an issue for far too long. And when the majority of our assets dedicated to the line have been mid to late round picks, they have got to be hits. they weren't, thus I think they were mistakes.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you go into the season depending on them, its not too harsh. Our line has been an issue for far too long. And when the majority of our assets dedicated to the line have been mid to late round picks, they have got to be hits. they weren't, thus I think they were mistakes.

no one with any redskins football sense "counted on " gettis or hurt to be answers in year 2

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no one with any redskins football sense "counted on " gettis or hurt to be answers in year 2

We will have to agree to disagree. But fact is, we have struggled at pass blocking for a long time now. When a guy makes the 53, he should be expected to contribute.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got my numbers here: http://www.thewarpath.net/WarpathRedskinsCap.htm

I think LFB has to go next season...he will retire. That will save us a net of 4.1 million.
Morgan will definitely be cut at his current rate. He stands to count more than 10 million against the cap but his release fee would only be 3.3 million. That will save us about 7 million against the cap.
Carriker has to go and this will save us a net of 2 million.

I would look at those OL you mention but there is no way I'd cut all of them. I'd go to each individually and try to redo their contracts at much lower numbers.

Going with your 31 million and my cuts that gives us at least 54 million next offseason. First thing I would do is go after our own.

Brian Orakpo- I'd compare him to Paul Kruger who received 41 million for 5 years. I'd offer RAK 5 years at 35 million and 15 in guarantees. I'd do the same contract as Kruger if he pushed but I like round numbers and would stop at 40 million.

Josh Wilson- I'd try to resign Wilson as well. He counted 5.3 million this season but I'd try to sign him for closer to 2 million/season. 3 years at 6 million but I expect him to leave.

Reed Doughty- I'd resign him at 3 years and 4.5 million.

Perry Riley- Counted 1.4 million this year. I'd compare his production to that of Rey Mauluga who received a 2 year 6.5 million contract. I'd offer Riley 2 years at 6 but accept 2 years at 7.

Aldrick Robinson- Counted .48 million. I'd resign him at the league minimum. Call it 2 years at 1 million dollars total.

That means we spend 12.5 million on our own because I don't count Wilson because I expect somebody else to get him. That leaves us 41.5 million in FA and the draft. We'll call it 35 million in FA. I'd look at the following:

Danario Alexander WR- I expect him to get about 4 mil/season.

Kenny Britt WR- close to league minimum

Julian Edelman WR- I think he'll get about 3 mil/season.

Austin Howard RT or Rodger Saffold- I think both will get 7 to 10 mil/season.

Zane Beadles G or Jon Asamoah G- I expect them to get between 6 and 9 mil/season.

Alex Mack- I expect him near 8 mil/season.

Donald Butler ILB or Pat Angerer- I think they will get about 3 mil/season

Aqib Talib CB- I think he might get 7 mil/season

Safety- This is an extremely deep S class. I'd see what the market is for Jairus Byrd, Nate Allen, Malcolm Jenkins. Hopefully they keep each other cheap at close to 5 mil/season but I expect Allen and Jenkins will never hit the market.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd target Julian Edelman. He'd take care of our PR woes and be our new slot WR with Moss being gone. I think we can get him to a 4 year/12 mil contract.

I'd also look at Kenny Britt and try a 2 year/1.5 million contract. He'd be my replacement for Josh Morgan. Unlike some, I'm not really disappointed by our WRs.

I know a lot of you will kill me for this but I probably wouldn't get a RT or G in FA. I just don't see any value. Instead, I'd go big at the center position and go after Alex Mack. 7 years at 56 million dollars should do it.

I would try to get Talib for a 4 yr/30 mil contract.

I would try to get one of those S, any of them, for about 6 mil/season.

I would also go after either Butler or Angerer at 3 mil/season.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will have to agree to disagree. But fact is, we have struggled at pass blocking for a long time now. When a guy makes the 53, he should be expected to contribute.

sorry shark but thats is completely unreasonable

i dont "expect " the majority of late round picks to be year one or 2 starters

i hope for that but i dont EXPECT it

no o/lineman has missed a snap for us this year just what are the injured hurt or gettis supposed to do ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got my numbers here: http://www.thewarpath.net/WarpathRedskinsCap.htm

I think LFB has to go next season...he will retire. That will save us a net of 4.1 million.
Morgan will definitely be cut at his current rate. He stands to count more than 10 million against the cap but his release fee would only be 3.3 million. That will save us about 7 million against the cap.
Carriker has to go and this will save us a net of 2 million.

I would look at those OL you mention but there is no way I'd cut all of them. I'd go to each individually and try to redo their contracts at much lower numbers.

Going with your 31 million and my cuts that gives us at least 54 million next offseason. First thing I would do is go after our own.

Brian Orakpo- I'd compare him to Paul Kruger who received 41 million for 5 years. I'd offer RAK 5 years at 35 million and 15 in guarantees. I'd do the same contract as Kruger if he pushed but I like round numbers and would stop at 40 million.

Josh Wilson- I'd try to resign Wilson as well. He counted 5.3 million this season but I'd try to sign him for closer to 2 million/season. 3 years at 6 million but I expect him to leave.

Reed Doughty- I'd resign him at 3 years and 4.5 million.

Perry Riley- Counted 1.4 million this year. I'd compare his production to that of Rey Mauluga who received a 2 year 6.5 million contract. I'd offer Riley 2 years at 6 but accept 2 years at 7.

Aldrick Robinson- Counted .48 million. I'd resign him at the league minimum. Call it 2 years at 1 million dollars total.

That means we spend 12.5 million on our own because I don't count Wilson because I expect somebody else to get him. That leaves us 41.5 million in FA and the draft. We'll call it 35 million in FA. I'd look at the following:

Danario Alexander WR- I expect him to get about 4 mil/season.

Kenny Britt WR- close to league minimum

Julian Edelman WR- I think he'll get about 3 mil/season.

Austin Howard RT or Rodger Saffold- I think both will get 7 to 10 mil/season.

Zane Beadles G or Jon Asamoah G- I expect them to get between 6 and 9 mil/season.

Alex Mack- I expect him near 8 mil/season.

Donald Butler ILB or Pat Angerer- I think they will get about 3 mil/season

Aqib Talib CB- I think he might get 7 mil/season

Safety- This is an extremely deep S class. I'd see what the market is for Jairus Byrd, Nate Allen, Malcolm Jenkins. Hopefully they keep each other cheap at close to 5 mil/season but I expect Allen and Jenkins will never hit the market.

certainly not a bad stab at it GK but i would touch Britt for any amount of money . he has awful character

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Round 2- CJ Mosely, ILB, Alabama

Round 3- David Yankey, T, Stanford

Round 4- Antone Exum, S, VT

Round 5- Jacob Pederson, TE, Wisconsin

Round 6- Bennett Jackson, CB, ND

Round 7- Cody Webster, P, Purdue

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We dont'need avg free'agents this year we'need 2 to 3 big time free agents.1 byrd 2 oher 3 mack. Done then draft .

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much are you willing to pay each of them?

We already have Trent at close to 15 million/season.

Oher doesn't fit the scheme and will cost about 10 million/season.

Mack will cost around 8 million/season.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much are you willing to pay each of them?

We already have Trent at close to 15 million/season.

Oher doesn't fit the scheme and will cost about 10 million/season.

Mack will cost around 8 million/season.
. Ii don't care how 'much its not my money