• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Herbstreit's unforced fumble

QuestionSocratic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While watching the weekly CFP show last night, I was stunned when Kirk Herbstreit suggested that Michigan might cancel their game with tOSU. It sounded (to me) like Herbstreit was implying that Michigan would do it in order deny the Buckeyes the six games required to qualify for the B1G championship game.

Apparently that didn't go over well and Herby was forced to apologize for the suggestion.

These types of comments don't come out of nowhere. So I think it is safe to say that the Michigan/tOSU situation was being talked about off camera.

Kirk Herbstreit Apologizes After Predicting That Michigan Will “Wave The White Flag” and Cancel Ohio State Game Next Week

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no’s he hurt their feelings? An ex-Buckeye being critical of his rival? Somebody censor that man.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's just saying what many Buckeye fans already think.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will absolutely LMFAO if Michigan ducks Ohio State to keep them out of the playoff.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If meeeechegan ducks Ohio State maizeNblue09 will consider it a victory for Harbaugh.
I mean Ohio State is going to fucking destroy them so is the ensuing shit talk going to be any worse if they just say "whoops, covid" and skip the game?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean Ohio State is going to fucking destroy them so is the ensuing shit talk going to be any worse if they just say "whoops, covid" and skip the game?

It would be a terrible look for meeeechegan if they try to duck Ohio State. Play the damn game. Don't use the virus if they have no real cases as an excuse to run away. The shit talking will continue if the game is played or not though.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While watching the weekly CFP show last night, I was stunned when Kirk Herbstreit suggested that Michigan might cancel their game with tOSU. It sounded (to me) like Herbstreit was implying that Michigan would do it in order deny the Buckeyes the six games required to qualify for the B1G championship game.

Apparently that didn't go over well and Herby was forced to apologize for the suggestion.

These types of comments don't come out of nowhere. So I think it is safe to say that the Michigan/tOSU situation was being talked about off camera.

Kirk Herbstreit Apologizes After Predicting That Michigan Will “Wave The White Flag” and Cancel Ohio State Game Next Week

He was an idiot for saying that. He isn't the only one, it's almost as if even the sports media wants to sow and instigate outrage and unrest. obviously, if scUM does this, alot of people will be pissed.

Boglodyte

2 things that make life worth living, guns/cigars
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said that last week. I don’t think Michigan is that petty, but I wouldn’t mind it at all if if put that shaft to the nutters

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN will require Herbie to take 20 hours of sensitivity training.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would not put it past Harbaugh to at least think about it.

I don't really see an issue with what Herbie said though.
michigan football harbaugh GIF by Michigan Athletics

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would not put it past Harbaugh to at least think about it.

I don't really see an issue with what Herbie said though.
michigan football harbaugh GIF by Michigan Athletics
well. what else do they have to exist for this season. but, there will be lots of money lost on both sides if this game isn't played. It would be a shame. Michigan sure as hell isn't going to beat OSU by not playing them, can't believe they'd want to pass up a shot......

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well. what else do they have to exist for this season. but, there will be lots of money lost on both sides if this game isn't played. It would be a shame. Michigan sure as hell isn't going to beat OSU by not playing them, can't believe they'd want to pass up a shot......

Major money left on the table for sure. Plus Harbaugh's record versus Ohio State isn't good, you know he wants to change that but in the back of his head, "hmmm, maybe I don't want to play them"

miah

Well Hung Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they duck tOSU, the rivalry is dead, OSU owns them, and from that point on Michigan is a laughing stock in the BIG.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he didnt say anything people werent already thinking....the fact he went to their rival is what makes people overreact to his words

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since when has 'Number Of Games Played" or being 'Conference Champs' been a criteria for getting into the CFP?

I don't think it matters as long as tOSU has a goose egg in the 'L' column.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well their coach is Harbaugh so I wouldn't be surprised either. Desmond Howard is one of the most unrealistic Michigan fans that I've seen so it's not like those rivalry's ever stop...they are real. Herbstreit can say some off the wall stuff just like any broadcaster/personality but it's definitely a valid point