• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(Hear me out) gotta move Jones back to the Outflield.

Etrius24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Several reasons for this...

1. There are cheap bats we could ink like Hafner who could platoon at first base... Hafner still rakes against right handed pitching... His last three seasons he posted a .855 OPS against righties... Which is better than Jones posted as a first baseman last year for the bucs... which leads us to the next point.

2. Jones just hits a lot better in the outfield... Last year he was 61 points of OPS better in the outfield .872 - .811! when you go back and look at the splits for the last three years it is even more pronounced... Jones just hits better as an outfielder!!!

3. If the report is to be confirmed the Bucs just got another first base platoon option in Jerry Sands... Well that is fine! sands hits left handed pitching at a higher rate... This means he can compete with Gabby Sanchez for the other half of a platoon with someone like Hafner.. and the Bucs would get above average production at first base for a rock bottom price.

I say this because the pirates surely could still use a little more offense... Even if Martin and Liriano work out perfectly. and considering that they just laid down good money for Liriano and Martin I am not sure if the frugal Bucs will spend any more money on a name free agent.. ( because Adam Laroche is out there and reportedly seeking only a 3 year contract. )

Tabata and Snider could be valuable bench players... and having them on the bench might push marte to perform. This would mean there was depth on the bench in the outfield position and depth at first base as well.

Just an idea to get a little more offense from the lineup without spending a lot of money.