• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Head Coach Search.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so lemme ask you this DB: If Reid didn't like Howie or get along with him, why would he send Doug Pederson to have to work with him?

Good question. I heard that Reid wants to hire or promote another coach to replace Pederson, so he wants to dump him on Lurie. I wouldn't discount that.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not giving Howie enough credit for being the manipulative snake he is
I can't give Howie credit for that because it doesn't make sense. Who The F is Howie Roseman to demand that type of loyalty???

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so lemme ask you this DB: If Reid didn't like Howie or get along with him, why would he send Doug Pederson to have to work with him?

HC opportunities are rare - same reason why Hue Jackson chose for Cleveland, where HC's go to see their career die. Also, Pederson might have, depending on the set up, some decent supporting cast.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question. I heard that Reid wants to hire or promote another coach to replace Pederson, so he wants to dump him on Lurie. I wouldn't discount that.
Kinda cold blooded and completely anti-Reid.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't give Howie credit for that because it doesn't make sense. Who The F is Howie Roseman to demand that type of loyalty???

The prodigal son?

Who Howie is, I do not know - but I have seen similar people in real life, ingratiating themselves with someone to the point where they are completely blind to that person's faults.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The prodigal son?

Who Howie is, I do not know - but I have seen similar people in real life, ingratiating themselves with someone to the point where they are completely blind to that person's faults.
Some writer out there needs to get THIS story. Inquiring minds want to know

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2nd time you posted this dumb shit. I already explained it to you once. Brad Childress is already there. Andy always let's his coaches leave when they have a chance to move up the ranks. And he usually has a capable replacement ready. It's one of the reasons his coaches are all over the league right now.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Lurie planning to move the team to London? Because this is not going to please anyone.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumour has it that the Eagles are going after Jim Schwartz (the former DET HC) as the DC.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That guy? Man, this is going to be a rough period.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That guy? Man, this is going to be a rough period.

Whom are you referring to? Jim Schwartz?

Allegedly he made a pretty good DC, just a disastrous HC. Also, one of the strengths of Reid was that he brought in a staff that could (at least partially) run itself in JJ and keeping Harbaugh. Might try to do the same here as well, something which might actually the most viable option.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome if he gets Schwartz. Top level DC. You guys hating this are ridiculous. Give this a chance, nine out of ten "great" hires fail. Why would you jump off the bridge before you saw the product?

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how no other team interviewed Pederson for a new job -- I fully trust Lurie and Roseman see something special in Pederson. Many don't know this, but Pederson did a fantastic job as the head coach of Calvary Baptist Academy High School, going 33-7 years 2005-2008. If he can turn a bunch of soft bible thumpers into a 33-7 squad, imagine what he can do with our soft Chip Kelly leftovers!

In all seriousness like Rey mentioned in another thread, or maybe the same thread earlier, too lazy to check -- but none of us on a message board can really know if this is truly a good hire or not. What I will say is that from the outside looking in, it doesn't look good. I'm not excited or impressed by this hire at all, but I'm more than open to being proved wrong -- I was vocal about how much I didn't want Chip Kelly on the KFFL board, but I jumped on the bandwagon during our first year under his reign. Hopefully Doug can prove me wrong, and for longer than Chip Kelly did.

I need a drink

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfect

We got the one of the hottest, up and coming, Coordinators out there. We were lucky enough to be the only team out of 7 to get him to come in and interview. Think about that, he wasn't even interviewed by others.

In Chip we tr....oh shit, never mind. In Pederson we tr....fuck it. They both suck. I will wait for the Reid nut huggers to start their topic on how they trust the guy...LOL.

Terrible day for Eagles football when you gotta take the scraps cause no one (except Pederson) want's to come there...LOL

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and say what you want about Reid but he isn't dumping his friend on the Eagles. He's not some evil dumbass. He's a good dude and a great coach.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not buying the conspiracy theory on Reid dumping Pederson on us.

But I AM buying the theory that no real coaches want to come here to coach under Howie with no line and Sam Bradford.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. trainwreck complete. Gase turned them down. Then the Giants seriously out maneuvered them. I suspect that the Giants knew all along someone was going to make a play for MacAdoo, so they got ahead of the game and let Coughlin go in advance. Don't know if the Eagles were interested in Koetter in Tampa, but they pulled the same maneuver there. Then Cleveland showed Hue some love before the Eagles made a move on him (reportedly the Eagles were interested a little late). Then Coughlin says no thanks as he knows he can't put together a staff (again the Giants outmaneuvered them there).

So the Eagles missed out on there top 1, 2, 3, 4 or maybe even 5 choices and end up hiring a guy that no one else even talked to and has a very mediocre resume.

For me the day was not a total loss as Chip Kelly was hired in SF. So I guess for now I am a 49er fan. I am sure I will drop in here on occasion to comment. There is something about a dead critter rotting by the side of the road that makes you slow down and take a look.

Funk

All The Football
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bye.