• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Head Coach Search.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. trainwreck complete. Gase turned them down. Then the Giants seriously out maneuvered them. I suspect that the Giants knew all along someone was going to make a play for MacAdoo, so they got ahead of the game and let Coughlin go in advance. Don't know if the Eagles were interested in Koetter in Tampa, but they pulled the same maneuver there. Then Cleveland showed Hue some love before the Eagles made a move on him (reportedly the Eagles were interested a little late). Then Coughlin says no thanks as he knows he can't put together a staff (again the Giants outmaneuvered them there).

So the Eagles missed out on there top 1, 2, 3, 4 or maybe even 5 choices and end up hiring a guy that no one else even talked to and has a very mediocre resume.

For me the day was not a total loss as Chip Kelly was hired in SF. So I guess for now I am a 49er fan. I am sure I will drop in here on occasion to comment. There is something about a dead critter rotting by the side of the road that makes you slow down and take a look.

Not seeing your lunatic ramblings is a an unexpected benefit.

I hope you and Tebow make beautiful children together.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a bit apprehensive about Schwartz because he might bring back that stupid wide-9 crap. Been there, done that.

Pettine is more creative, runs more of a hybrid scheme. I would go after him instead.

Or how about Dick Jauron or Ed Donatell? :D

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing when Lurie's wife was banging whoever Banner was either the guy or offered no help and Howie tipped off Lurie.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing when Lurie's wife was banging whoever Banner was either the guy or offered no help and Howie tipped off Lurie.

That's deep, bro

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what Mrs Lurie said too.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jef Mclane reporting that Eagles want to bring in Pettine or Schwartz. I wold like Pettine. Schwartz uses the "Wide -9". Oh Brother!!

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how no other team interviewed Pederson for a new job -- I fully trust Lurie and Roseman see something special in Pederson. Many don't know this, but Pederson did a fantastic job as the head coach of Calvary Baptist Academy High School, going 33-7 years 2005-2008. If he can turn a bunch of soft bible thumpers into a 33-7 squad, imagine what he can do with our soft Chip Kelly leftovers!

In all seriousness like Rey mentioned in another thread, or maybe the same thread earlier, too lazy to check -- but none of us on a message board can really know if this is truly a good hire or not. What I will say is that from the outside looking in, it doesn't look good. I'm not excited or impressed by this hire at all, but I'm more than open to being proved wrong -- I was vocal about how much I didn't want Chip Kelly on the KFFL board, but I jumped on the bandwagon during our first year under his reign. Hopefully Doug can prove me wrong, and for longer than Chip Kelly did.

I need a drink
I'm just glad it's over.

Imma give him a shot.

Reactions: WIZ

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just glad it's over.

Imma give him a shot.

No choice but to ride this out. A good draft would be nice.

What's done is done fellas, back to wait and see mode.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. What's done is done - doesn't do any good to bellyache about it anymore, I'm pulling for my team no matter what. I really do wish him the best and hope he surprises us all.

And if he fails, I hope it really is the end for that fucking clown Roseman.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing is over. The disaster is just beginning.

Howie just found his fall guy.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me the day was not a total loss as Chip Kelly was hired in SF. So I guess for now I am a 49er fan.

If only we could be so lucky.

I am sure I will drop in here on occasion to comment.
You really don't have to.

Why you're dumb though is that you're under the delusion that we missed out on 5 great coaches. Statistically you're wrong. Consider of the 8 coaches from chips class only 4 remain with their 2013 team and 2 of them are probably on the hot seat. Thats actually considered a good year.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes more sense to be a fan of a coach than the fan of an team. At the end of the day the Corporation is an entity for making money and the players and coaches come and go. To be a fan of the team even after all the players and coaches you once appreciated have moved on, makes little sense. I am a fan of certain people, not logos.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes more sense to be a fan of a coach than the fan of an team. At the end of the day the Corporation is an entity for making money and the players and coaches come and go. To be a fan of the team even after all the players and coaches you once appreciated have moved on, makes little sense. I am a fan of certain people, not logos.

It all depends on ownership. If you have no faith in the owner, there isnt much reason to give that team your time or money.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must be related to Oregon Duck..I swear you must be twins.

Funk

All The Football
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bye.