• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greg Jennings was released by the Vikings

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should Reggie reach out to his former player?

He's still just 31 and managed to snag 59 balls last season for the Vikings.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as our CB's are concerned I just hope we go with Hayden and Carrie as our starters and rotate Keith McGill in for playing time. With Woodson and Allen as our safeties they can make up for any mistakes the young CB's make.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me if the Raiders are actually serious about moving forward then they need to stop with this nonsense of signing old veterans on the backside of their careers. You have to start the youth movement if you plan on preparing for the future instead of getting a few more wins but still continuing to stay at the bottom 10 teams of the league. I like Jennings but at this point if you are going to spend money on a FA WR then go after Crabtree. He is only 27, used to the Bay Area, and has shown some promise as a good receiver in this league.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me if the Raiders are actually serious about moving forward then they need to stop with this nonsense of signing old veterans on the backside of their careers. You have to start the youth movement if you plan on preparing for the future instead of getting a few more wins but still continuing to stay at the bottom 10 teams of the league. I like Jennings but at this point if you are going to spend money on a FA WR then go after Crabtree. He is only 27, used to the Bay Area, and has shown some promise as a good receiver in this league.

That's why I want us to start Hayden & Carrie at CB.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I want us to start Hayden & Carrie at CB.

It makes sense. While the Raiders seem to be heading in the right direction I still think they are a year away from really being back competing among the pack. If that is the case then this is a great year to help build up those young players getting them time on the field competing and learning the system. Doesn't help the team much to have all your young potential sitting behind aging veterans another year delayed from an opportunity. I know every fan wants to win right now but sometimes patience pays off.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be ok with Jennings.. The guy still has some juice left, and would be a good vet off the bench.. If Reggie wants him, and he wants to come?? Sure bring him..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes sense. While the Raiders seem to be heading in the right direction I still think they are a year away from really being back competing among the pack. If that is the case then this is a great year to help build up those young players getting them time on the field competing and learning the system. Doesn't help the team much to have all your young potential sitting behind aging veterans another year delayed from an opportunity. I know every fan wants to win right now but sometimes patience pays off.
Our season will come down to how good the QB plays, just like every other team out there.. Our coaching staff is the best we've had in like, well you know.. Im really excited about the coaching staff, CARR, The D, and the Draft!!
This team will be alot better than last years team!! And we will add one of these guys.. Cooper, White, Big Cat, Fowler, or Beasly!! You know who i want, but shoot i would take any of them!! All of them are Blue Chips!! Heck who knows?? We might even have a chance at Gurley in the 2nd.. Besides playing the AFCW im really looking forward to playing Teddy B and his Vikes..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our season will come down to how good the QB plays, just like every other team out there.. Our coaching staff is the best we've had in like, well you know.. Im really excited about the coaching staff, CARR, The D, and the Draft!!
This team will be alot better than last years team!! And we will add one of these guys.. Cooper, White, Big Cat, Fowler, or Beasly!! You know who i want, but shoot i would take any of them!! All of them are Blue Chips!! Heck who knows?? We might even have a chance at Gurley in the 2nd.. Besides playing the AFCW im really looking forward to playing Teddy B and his Vikes..
Oh and let's not forget Mack Attack who will be the best LB in football, entering his 2nd year..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to get Greg Hardy!! Had it not been for his off season problems, he would be the number 2 FA on the market if not 1 over Suh depending on team needs.. Hey everybody should have a 2nd chance.. The Kraken!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and let's not forget Mack Attack who will be the best LB in football, entering his 2nd year..

Whoa whoa whoa there sir. There are a couple of guys in the AFC West that might have something to say about that in Von Miller and Justin Houston. Let's wait and see how he develops before we go making claims like this when there are such good players already in the division competing for All-Pro spots. Heck Miller in his 2nd year in the league had what ProFootballFocus considered one of the best seasons ever by an OLB. Too bad that year JJ Watt decided to have one of the best seasons ever by a defensive player.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to get Greg Hardy!! Had it not been for his off season problems, he would be the number 2 FA on the market if not 1 over Suh depending on team needs.. Hey everybody should have a 2nd chance.. The Kraken!!

Hardy is not coming to the Raiders. The owner and McKenzie both have spoken very publicly that they refuse to even make him an offer. In fact the owner came out and was very upset with Hardy's agent for using the Raiders as a bargaining chip for his client telling other teams the Raiders were interested in him. So as good as Hardy is the baggage that comes with him for many teams is just way too much to handle.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
please raiders, do this. brocktons own al davis would...please, please...for OUR sake...do this.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel that Jennings has at least 2-3 good years left in him. I was hoping the Vikes would keep him to line up opposite of the newly acquired Mike Wallace, but I guess they have other plans. Look who Minnesota lined up at QB while Jennings was a Viking. Matt Cassell, Christian Ponder, Josh Freeman and Teddy Bridgewater. In the 12 games that Teddy started in 2014, Jennings hauled in 45 passes, 579 yds and 5 TD's. The other 3 QB's combined in 2013 & 2014 hit Jennings for 82 passes, 967 yds and 5 TD's. Get Jennings paired up with a QB with a big arm, and he still has some solid numbers to put up.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa whoa whoa there sir. There are a couple of guys in the AFC West that might have something to say about that in Von Miller and Justin Houston. Let's wait and see how he develops before we go making claims like this when there are such good players already in the division competing for All-Pro spots. Heck Miller in his 2nd year in the league had what ProFootballFocus considered one of the best seasons ever by an OLB. Too bad that year JJ Watt decided to have one of the best seasons ever by a defensive player.
cd, he was rated as the TOP LB for most of the year, if not all of it?? He is just entering his 2nd year, with JDR and KNJ coaching him up!! I have no doubt he will be the BEST LB in the game.. Miller and Houston are BEASTS!! Mack Attack will be better.. Im sorry.. They say he has the same talent as LT and DT!! Two of the best to ever play the game.. You were right cd, when you said you would trade your whole draft for him, in thats how good he would be..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel that Jennings has at least 2-3 good years left in him. I was hoping the Vikes would keep him to line up opposite of the newly acquired Mike Wallace, but I guess they have other plans. Look who Minnesota lined up at QB while Jennings was a Viking. Matt Cassell, Christian Ponder, Josh Freeman and Teddy Bridgewater. In the 12 games that Teddy started in 2014, Jennings hauled in 45 passes, 579 yds and 5 TD's. The other 3 QB's combined in 2013 & 2014 hit Jennings for 82 passes, 967 yds and 5 TD's. Get Jennings paired up with a QB with a big arm, and he still has some solid numbers to put up.
I agree with this post!! Oh and Carr and Mack Vs Teddy B and Barr!! Great match up!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hardy is not coming to the Raiders. The owner and McKenzie both have spoken very publicly that they refuse to even make him an offer. In fact the owner came out and was very upset with Hardy's agent for using the Raiders as a bargaining chip for his client telling other teams the Raiders were interested in him. So as good as Hardy is the baggage that comes with him for many teams is just way too much to handle.
Reggie just said he is gathering information on him, as he should!! Heck all teams should.. SOME rumors out there that the Cowboys are talking to him.. Hmmm.. If they pick him up?? The media would be on Cowboy Nutz!! Saying how wonderful JJ is by giving Hardy a 2nd chance!! All players make mistakes BLAH BLAH!! But if the Raiders were to get him, my goodness they would come after us!! Its like they want us to fail!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, he was rated as the TOP LB for most of the year, if not all of it?? He is just entering his 2nd year, with JDR and KNJ coaching him up!! I have no doubt he will be the BEST LB in the game.. Miller and Houston are BEASTS!! Mack Attack will be better.. Im sorry.. They say he has the same talent as LT and DT!! Two of the best to ever play the game.. You were right cd, when you said you would trade your whole draft for him, in thats how good he would be..

Well he finished 2nd this past year to Von Miller. You could be right and maybe he does pass those two guys. Also I would say hard to tell as Miller and Houston are both playing in 3-4 defense this year. I think Mack would be perfect in the 3-4 but unfortunately this is one thing that JDR does not like. Now he did decent with Von Miller but I can promise you that at some point this season most Raiders fans will be screaming when it is 3rd and 7 to go and instead of Mack coming after the quarterback JDR will have him drop back in coverage on a TE. JDR did this all the time with Von Miller and it drove me nuts. I actually didn't mind JDR as our DC with the Broncos but some of the things he would do such as having the safety play 25 yards back 90% of the game eliminating them from the play 98% of the time and then having our Corners play 15 yards off on a 3rd and 2. There just is some things that he does even with top tier players like Miller and now possibly with Mack that will just leave you scratching your head.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he finished 2nd this past year to Von Miller. You could be right and maybe he does pass those two guys. Also I would say hard to tell as Miller and Houston are both playing in 3-4 defense this year. I think Mack would be perfect in the 3-4 but unfortunately this is one thing that JDR does not like. Now he did decent with Von Miller but I can promise you that at some point this season most Raiders fans will be screaming when it is 3rd and 7 to go and instead of Mack coming after the quarterback JDR will have him drop back in coverage on a TE. JDR did this all the time with Von Miller and it drove me nuts. I actually didn't mind JDR as our DC with the Broncos but some of the things he would do such as having the safety play 25 yards back 90% of the game eliminating them from the play 98% of the time and then having our Corners play 15 yards off on a 3rd and 2. There just is some things that he does even with top tier players like Miller and now possibly with Mack that will just leave you scratching your head.
cd, there really is no winner or loser here.. You got Miller, KC has Houston, we have Mack!! 3 of the best LBs in football.. This is more of a Raider fan Vs a Denver fan on who is better.. All we need is KC fan coming in here saying Houston is best.. Now cd, what you seem to forget is, KNJ is the DC not JDR.. KNJ will call the D per JDR!! Oh im sure JDR will have input on the D, but make no mistake KNJ will call the D.. Look for Mack to have around 15 or so sacks this year!! With Williams and Jelly eating up blocks, will free up Mack, Lofton, and SIO TO PUNISH players!! Oh and add in Burris and Smith!! Heck we could switch up to 34 on some looks!! The Raider D is going to be good bro!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KNJ might be calling the plays but JDR's fingerprints will be all over that defense. Throw in KNJ at least with the Seahawks saw a team that rarely blitzed and used their linebackers more for coverage on passing downs than as blitzers. The Seahawks never had a player like Mack either so we shall see.

It does look like a decent group being put together there in Oakland. I honestly don't know what to expect from the Raiders this year. A lot has changed from the year before so I do expect some growing pains to happen as they all learn new systems but there is some nice pieces in place.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KNJ might be calling the plays but JDR's fingerprints will be all over that defense. Throw in KNJ at least with the Seahawks saw a team that rarely blitzed and used their linebackers more for coverage on passing downs than as blitzers. The Seahawks never had a player like Mack either so we shall see.

It does look like a decent group being put together there in Oakland. I honestly don't know what to expect from the Raiders this year. A lot has changed from the year before so I do expect some growing pains to happen as they all learn new systems but there is some nice pieces in place.
Im good with that as well.. JDR had a TOP 5 rank D!! The guy just knows how to coach Ds it is what it is.. The Raiders will have a top 10 Rank D this year!! And Mack Attack will be the headliner.. Man im looking forward to Lofton playing mike!! With Williams and Jelly clogging the Middle!! Mack and SIO crashing the sides!! Lofton had what?? 144 tackles last year?? With that whole team on both sides of the ball falling apart.. Top 10 D..