• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Green Bay / Minnesota

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know there's like 3 people in here, but what the hell, any thoughts on tonights match up?

I've only watched one vikings game, the last one, and Bridgewater looked pretty damn good. he didn't look like any rookie. Not sure if he plays tonight. He looks to have a very bright future, i know it was one game, but he looked to have all the pieces to be a good QB. They might let him heal up a bit knowing their future is in him and this probably isn't quite their year, but I guess everyone plays to win, so if he can get around just OK, my guess is he's on the field. They know ponder doesn't give them much of a chance.

I think their RB's are a solid 1,2 punch, but I don't think they'll be as successful tonight as everyone thinks after how the Packers D looked against the Bears. I think against the bears the gameplan was to give up yards running, but contain those 3 huge receiving threats and get turnovers. I'd rather not see 250yds on the ground, but if its a W, i'll take it.

I don't think the VIkings have those 3 types of receivers to worry about and a bit more attention will be on the run game too. BUt what do I know. I can't tell what defense or offense is going to show up week to week. If they don't show up, those 2 can more than get the job done on the ground.

If our offense is focused and on target I don't think the outcome should be in question, but if they come out like they have 3 out of 4 games this year, a team led by a young hungry new QB could cause more than a few problems for the Packers.

I expect a win, but it's going to have to be earned.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlike recent Thursday night games, hope both teams show up to play and the only sloppiness is the actual field. Sounds like it'll have been raining there all day.

:suds:

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much pressure can the Minnesota front 7 get on Aaron Rodgers? The answer to that one simple question is highly likely to be the premier driving factor in the outcome of the game.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes this game is hard to figure out. I watched a bunch of that Viking/Atlanta game and was impressed as well. I could not believe how they were marching up and down the field after Atlanta took a 28 - 27 lead. I was hoping Atlanta could hold on for the win. At the time I was not aware of how beat up the Atlanta O line was and had seen Atlanta have a few good games so far this season. Maybe Atlanta isnt as good as they seem or the Vikes are better than expected.

Bridgewater did look quite good and was impressed with him but I guess the Atlanta defense isnt something to write home about either. The outcome of this game will depend on if Bridgewater is able to play of if Ponder is out there. Another thing is the predicted weather is that there could be heavy rain during the game. The passing game can be affected by rain depending on how hard it is coming down. If the rain somehow limits the passing game then the run will be more important and the Packers have been lacking in that area so far.

The points are Packers by 9. I think the Packers will win but will not cover the 9 points if Bridgewater plays. If Ponder is out there I expect the Packers to cover the point spread.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes this game is hard to figure out. I watched a bunch of that Viking/Atlanta game and was impressed as well. I could not believe how they were marching up and down the field after Atlanta took a 28 - 27 lead. I was hoping Atlanta could hold on for the win. At the time I was not aware of how beat up the Atlanta O line was and had seen Atlanta have a few good games so far this season. Maybe Atlanta isnt as good as they seem or the Vikes are better than expected.

Bridgewater did look quite good and was impressed with him but I guess the Atlanta defense isnt something to write home about either. The outcome of this game will depend on if Bridgewater is able to play of if Ponder is out there. Another thing is the predicted weather is that there could be heavy rain during the game. The passing game can be affected by rain depending on how hard it is coming down. If the rain somehow limits the passing game then the run will be more important and the Packers have been lacking in that area so far.

The points are Packers by 9. I think the Packers will win but will not cover the 9 points if Bridgewater plays. If Ponder is out there I expect the Packers to cover the point spread.

If the track is as messy as to be expected, I wouldn't rule out a Vikings win if they turn to Ponder. He can run. This game is going to be decided by line play, IMO. Not saying the Vikes will win, mind you... but I wouldn't rule it out like in years past.

From what I've been seeing/hearing, it does seem more likely that Ponder is the next man up.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers rush defense is pathetic, for that reason alone after watching Vikings beat Falcons I think this game will stay close (unless turnovers play big factor).

Packers should be able to score points... but I think Vikings will as well.

Packers 34
Vikings 31

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game will be interesting. It sounds like Teddy will be sidelined tonight and the Vikes will also be without Greenway and Rudolph. It will come down to the play in the trenches and it could go either way. I think the Pack will push the run game a little more but we will see. Should be fun to watch

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took Eddie a few weeks to get going last year too. I know he can find his groove and once he does, he's as good as anybody. GB needs to pick a game and get the oline and running game and just get it going. This could be as good as any to do that with Greenway out. But MN does have a pretty decent defense, I think everyone is forgetting that. At least everyone I heard on the way into work for the afternoon seems to have forgotten that. I think points might be tougher to come by than one might think, though I do think we should score 24+ tonight, assuming the offense shows up again.

coulomb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah good game indeed. Anyone else sick of listening to the 'what ifs' spewed all night? Specifically "if bridgewater played it would have been a different game". The guy has played 3 quarters of professional football and he already has the keys to the kingdom? really? puke..

coulomb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the track is as messy as to be expected, I wouldn't rule out a Vikings win if they turn to Ponder. He can run. This game is going to be decided by line play, IMO. Not saying the Vikes will win, mind you... but I wouldn't rule it out like in years past.

From what I've been seeing/hearing, it does seem more likely that Ponder is the next man up.

Yup.. One play.. Except that play was in the first quarter.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah good game indeed. Anyone else sick of listening to the 'what ifs' spewed all night? Specifically "if bridgewater played it would have been a different game". The guy has played 3 quarters of professional football and he already has the keys to the kingdom? really? puke..

Right.

Packer fans remember Matt Flynn throwing six touchdowns once upon a time...so does Seattle and Oakland.

Broncos fans remember Tim Tebow leading the team to an upset playoff win once upon a time...so do the Jets.

Bridgewater may be a quality future NFL starting quarterback, but it's FAR TOO EARLY to jump on the bandwagon! Let's see how he handles a few stiffer defenses than Atlanta's. Next week's matchup with Detroit should be a good starting point.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If, "if's" and "but's" were candy and nuts, it would be Christmas all damn year.

But, i do think it would be different if Bridgewater was playing. I know he has a lot to prove, but just how they carried themselves on the field and delivered the ball on target, I'm pretty comfortable in saying that Teddy is an NFL caliber QB and Ponder is practice squad material.

I'm sure he'll have his struggles. Health i guess jumps out since he made a cut and injured himself to the point he couldn't play in the next game. Fluke? or foreshadowing of things to come? I guess we'll find out.

I still don't think they would have come close to winning with the way GB were beating them up front on both sides of the ball, but it would have been a bit closer I think.