• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Green Bay did it again

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think we simply played a weak schedule. The Lions are fortunate that the NFC North drew the NFC South this year. We lost to every good team on our schedule (Baltimore, Seattle), aside from KC in week 1, and let's be honest, they dropped a few balls that game that should have been caught.

The Lions aren't as good as advertised, and the hope is they can draw a weak playoff team first round and get the playoff win drought off their back. They just need to win a playoff game, and I think the season will be a complete success. Then they need to spend most of their draft capital on the defense. They likely need to get a new DC too.

The future is bright, although we need Goff to wake up. I don't think the Lions have any shot at being a legit playoff contender this season. I think they would lose to the Eagles, Cowboys, or 49ers if they played them in the playoffs right now...especially on the road, and I don't think it would be a very close game against any of those teams. I hope I'm wrong though!
Defense was near top half of the league to start, but now looks exactly like it did the year before. The dline is completely incapable of generating pressure without a blitz, which is why we blitz 5th most in the league. However on blitzing we can't cover long enough for it to get home, teams kill us when we blitz. Without a second option on the dline to make pressure consistent the line will always be bad.

Goff is what he always is, under pressure he buckles, without pressure he does some truly amazing things. When the top 5 of Lions oline is healthy very few team generate the pressure and Goff is just fine. Once we lose one it starts and Goff struggles. If oline gets healthy and Houston comes back to fill in for the clear major gap of the defense the lions probably look a lot closer to the early season. Seems like a lot of ifs though.

I don't buy the schedule was easier in the first half of the schedule. A few weeks ago everyone was talking about how easy the schedule was for the rest of the year.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense was near top half of the league to start, but now looks exactly like it did the year before. The dline is completely incapable of generating pressure without a blitz, which is why we blitz 5th most in the league. However on blitzing we can't cover long enough for it to get home, teams kill us when we blitz. Without a second option on the dline to make pressure consistent the line will always be bad.

Goff is what he always is, under pressure he buckles, without pressure he does some truly amazing things. When the top 5 of Lions oline is healthy very few team generate the pressure and Goff is just fine. Once we lose one it starts and Goff struggles. If oline gets healthy and Houston comes back to fill in for the clear major gap of the defense the lions probably look a lot closer to the early season. Seems like a lot of ifs though.

I don't buy the schedule was easier in the first half of the schedule. A few weeks ago everyone was talking about how easy the schedule was for the rest of the year.
The Lions have played three current playoff teams, and they've gone 2-1 against them. One of those teams is TB, and likely will be the weakest of any playoff team, if they make it (or you can trade them for Atlanta or NO).

The Lions have won the games they should win, and lost the games against legit playoff teams, with the exception of KC who they played in week 1, and who really isn't having a great year themselves.

We'll see how good the Lions are in these next 4 games. The Broncos have gotten better, and the Cowboys are lighting it up right now. We haven't looked good against a legit playoff team since week 1.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grossman had a longer streak of good games. How about we slow our roll for like a season and see how he does before declaring him HOF?

Take a good look at this thread. The idiot OP made it back in August. It's a "hey look at my ridiculous claim" thread. Since then he comes back only after losses and shows stupid X posts, except once when he decided to blame the coaches and teammates. Dude is a loser and an embarrassment.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take a good look at this thread. The idiot OP made it back in August. It's a "hey look at my ridiculous claim" thread. Since then he comes back only after losses and shows stupid X posts, except once when he decided to blame the coaches and teammates. Dude is a loser and an embarrassment.
wow
and some folks here think I take this seriously?

Now when everything from you to your kids and grandkids are attacked...that is a much different story and way past over the top. Now it's game on... and like the sports we follow, some can't hang when volley is returned.

the entertainment remains free. Ask the hoop eagle fans..

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow
and some folks here think I take this seriously?

Now when everything from you to your kids and grandkids are attacked...that is a much different story and way past over the top. Now it's game on... and like the sports we follow, some can't hang when volley is returned.

the entertainment remains free. Ask the hoop eagle fans..

If I bust on fans of other teams when they post stupid stuff, it wouldn't be right if I don't bust on this dimwit.

iliketrees

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a question, what is the point of all this nonsense? Here's the actual gist of all this. If he's great and has a fantastic career, you can pat yourself on the back and act like a genius, but reality is nobody here knows you personally, nor do they care. If he fails and ends up not working out, you just disappear and nobody is the wiser, since you're a nobody. So what's the point? You're a nobody that not any person here cares about and all they do is ridicule you because no matter what happens, you're a fool that is acting the fool's part. The worst part is you're giving Packers' fans a bad rep, because the dipshit Packer fans like you that were here went away after embarrassing themselves time and again. Is that you goal, embarrass yourself and then disappear? Congrats, if that's the goal.
Your last post itt was Nov 23rd. You’ve been sitting around for weeks waiting for an inevitable bad game just to pop off. You’re a friggin weirdo.

Of course I’m a nobody in the grand scope of Packer fandom. The difference is I actually understand that. You’re stilllllllll trying to be the arbiter of what a real Packer fan should be bc you still don’t realize you’re a nobody too. I’ve watched almost every Packer game since 1986. Nobody cares how you feel a Packer fan should act. You probably think milk is too spicy you bland, boring angry fuck. Get your shit together and enjoy the ride. JL10 is carrying 52 men, he can fit your sad ass on his back as well Mr Realist of the Real Packer fans

iliketrees

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just can’t do it against a kid in his mothers’ basement

Lesson hopefully learned. Can’t chalk up a W, ever. Played great against great comp and laid an egg vs poop.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:rolleyes2:

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought GB was gonna get in fairly easy with games remaining but not looking good now

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, they lost again...and made Baker Mayfield look like an all pro in doing so.

Does anybody happen to know a guy that can coordinate a defense? Asking for a team

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just the sixth fastest, who gives a shit, when the game is tailored to the passing game.

Legit qbs like Marino had to put up amazing numbers when a quarterback could get knocked out.
Along when rules helped the Defensive backs 100% more back then than they do today... Those receivers would get mauled back then when trying to run routes...

iliketrees

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3