• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

gonna be a long year

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 good pitchers, a good looking (so far) centerfielder and a couple guys playing way over their heads. not nearly enough. my initial assessment was too high. i thought we might come up with a decent relief staff but it's hahn's utter failure. my feelings about him have dropped considerably. while he made a few good moves early he screwed the pooch everywhere else. i give him a D.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you didn't expect Hahn to build a contender so quickly.

He's all but said out loud they aren't trying to win this year.

That said I bet they win 9-10 more games than last year which is a nice jump for a rebuilding year.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, shut up…

What did you expect? A legit contender?

This team already is 10x more appealing to watch than last year.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, shut up…

What did you expect? A legit contender?

This team already is 10x more appealing to watch than last year.

what i expect is a lot better pitching for the money they spent. are you aware cooper wasn't even asked about the loser pitchers they acquired for this year? it's like hahn went to a flea market and just threw darts for his picks. AND IT SHOWS! all the good moves he made (well, just 1 really ... eaton. the jury is out on davidson and abreu) were more than offset by the shoddy job of filling out the pitching staff.

i expected an 80 win season and that is apparently not going to happen because of poor management from the top down.

and don't tell me to shut up either.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what i expect is a lot better pitching for the money they spent. are you aware cooper wasn't even asked about the loser pitchers they acquired for this year? it's like hahn went to a flea market and just threw darts for his picks. AND IT SHOWS! all the good moves he made (well, just 1 really ... eaton. the jury is out on davidson and abreu) were more than offset by the shoddy job of filling out the pitching staff.

i expected an 80 win season and that is apparently not going to happen because of poor management from the top down.

80 wins is not at all outside the reasonable range, probably near the top end. Pending health of course, they will probably win 75-80, Vegas had them at 75 I think, and that's a huge jump from last year.

And richig has a good point, last year's team was excruciating to watch, at least these guys are more fun.

Also, the jury has reached a verdict on Abreu, he's legit.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
80 wins is not at all outside the reasonable range, probably near the top end. Pending health of course, they will probably win 75-80, Vegas had them at 75 I think, and that's a huge jump from last year.

And richig has a good point, last year's team was excruciating to watch, at least these guys are more fun.

Also, the jury has reached a verdict on Abreu, he's legit.

re: abreu ...... 3 weeks means very little. let's see what happens when he starts to face these teams the 2nd time around. for our sake i really do hope i'm wrong .... but the jury IS still out.

as for last year's team being hard to watch? last year's team was 10-12 at this point, which the sox are likely to end up being tomorrow night... so please spare me the big "CHANGE" in this team just yet. if you're simply saying you like change for the sake of change then i can't argue with you. there ARE a lot of different faces. but i wonder .. are they really more exciting? maybe ... if you feel hitting is more exciting than pitching. personally, what excites me is wins.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shut up. It's April.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just… shut up…

God.

Have fun for once in your fucking life.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just… shut up…

God.

Have fun for once in your fucking life.

WORD

That was a fun-ass game. If you didn't like that game you don't like the sport. Yeah, the Sox can't pitch for shit. But they can mash and next year I bet they will have a real bullpen.

Oh, and I will repeat: Abreu is the real deal. Jury has spoken.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at least they are watchable this season.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Avisail back early and already hitting the ground running...I'm getting pretty jazzed for 2015.

Revamp the bullpen (probably need 3-4 different guys, keep Petricka, Putnam), get a 3rd and a 4th starter, and the lineup is already solid. With Dunn gone they can rotate a lot of guys through the DH spot to help keep them fresh.

On pace to win 77 which is a huge jump from last year, if they make another jump of the same magnitude next year playoffs are a lock. And with a fairly young team so hopefully their window will be 2-3 years at least.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we never see beckham or de aza in a sox uniform after this season.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

De Aza is fine as a 4th OF, just not an everyday starter. If your bench OFs are DeAza and Danks you're ok.

Beckham I just don't know...he looks fine for a while and then just can't hit a lick. You don't need an allstar at every position, but maybe Leury Garcia will be the real deal, and Beckham can be the backup or traded. I would've thought some team that needed a 2B would've got him this year...

I trust this new GM to make good moves, he's done so this far, seems like a true rebuilding plan.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahn's #1 priority is BP help. They are painful to watch and a 5+ run lead is never safe. I was shocked that they actually help up today in the 9th ... of course they had to provide the drama, once again, loading the bases.

Hell, even Coop was gnawing his thumbnail.

Glad to see Garcia & Lindstrom are back, even though he blew the game Sat ... he gets a pass from me at this point. Hell ... could the pen actually get any worse? I was 'banking' on Lindstrom improving it .... some.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dayum pods ... little harsh on Gordo?

I know his hitting 'disappears' at times and it is borderline enraging, but him & #10 make one helluva middle IF. He had it going on at the plate there for awhile, but ....

I still say Greg Walker ruined him ...

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no doubt in my mind that walker ruined

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19