• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Golf Course brawl

MTVike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter what level you play at you need a clue though.

I walk to my ball, pull out my Nikon Coolshot 40 by the strap that pulls it from an outside pocket of my bag. I Push the button, read the flag and have it back in my bag in less than ten timed seconds. That beats the shit out of figuring the distance by any other means. If you're fucking with a rangefinder for any significant amount of time, you just don't know what you're doing with the damned thing.

I can no longer imagine playing without one.
That's the way it's supposed to be done, but give an already slow player one and shit, I'm looking over my shoulder for the group behind me all round long.

I had a "free" rangefinder on my phone, liked it until I realized it was eating up all of my data.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mooseMtn.png
?
I never heard of it, i had to look it up.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weapons in your bag? I always had my 1910 .45 Cal. tucked away Just in case I ran into a bear. I always had my stainless steel slingshot to deal with Canadian Geese and ball stealing alligators. Friggin alligators think golf balls are marshmallows.

You ain't seen nothin' like NH alligators in May.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think they'll ever be allowed for the pros?

I dunno but the pros don't need them so much because their caddy goes out the day before the practice round with one and marks multiple distances from checkpoints along all the holes. I bought the Coolshot 40 specifically because it doesn't have a slope feature. That feature is illegal even for amateur play....and largely not necessary.

That's the way it's supposed to be done, but give an already slow player one and shit, I'm looking over my shoulder for the group behind me all round long.

I had a "free" rangefinder on my phone, liked it until I realized it was eating up all of my data.

Screw the phone app. I tried it too but it was a bitch to read the screen in bright sunlight and it took too long to punch buttons and make sure that you're on the correct hole and even then, it gives distances to the green but cannot allow for the actual flag distance.

Nothing is quicker and simpler than a rangefinder. I got that Nikon for $130.00 on ebay. No need to spend the 3 or 4 hundred on the advanced slope Bushnells and whatnot. Plus you can point it at individual objects and hazards.

MTVike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno but the pros don't need them so much because their caddy goes out the day before the practice round with one and marks multiple distances from checkpoints along all the holes. I bought the Coolshot 40 specifically because it doesn't have a slope feature. That feature is illegal even for amateur play....and largely not necessary.

Screw the phone app. I tried it too but it was a bitch to read the screen in bright sunlight and it took too long to punch buttons and make sure that you're on the correct hole and even then, it gives distances to the green but cannot allow for the actual flag distance.

Nothing is quicker and simpler than a rangefinder. I got that Nikon for $130.00 on ebay. No need to spend the 3 or 4 hundred on the advanced slope Bushnells and whatnot. Plus you can point it at individual objects and hazards.

Sounds like a good birthday present...for me.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a good birthday present...for me.
I think I might agree with you...for me

I wonder how much Homer gets for his commission?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the problem I have faced is that the group trying to play through doesn't realize there is a group going slow in front of you or further up. So instead they are pissing off the group in the middle by hitting into them thinking it is going to accomplish something.

It might accomplish something, but maybe not what they would like.

I've hit into groups before...inadvertently...you have all 4 players and both carts off to the side looking for a ball and you think it's clear to hit.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've got a 300-400 Bushnell with the slope...lol...maybe 3 or 4 holes it pays to have the slope.

Then I have the GPS watch too so I don't use the RF unless I'm really targeting the flag...in which I probably won't hit it anyway.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, and things tend to escalate when people hit into you.

I've hit people's balls back at them, ran over their balls, thrown them in the woods or just picked them up and kept them.

If you don't like to wait, don't go out on a busy day.

I play by myself half the time and don't like skipping around, so I'll play 2 balls and practice in the sand while the groups ahead clear.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justified. If the group behind you is constantly waiting on you, let them play through.

When my dad taught me how to golf, he spent the first round pretty much doing nothing but teaching me golf edicit. Replace your divits, fix your ball marks, rake the bunker, don't be loud, don't walk through someone's line, let faster players play through, etc.

Don't hit into people.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL at something being illegal for amateur play...