• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Golden State is simply not built to grind out games...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no other path to success in the NBA besides tanking, especially in a city like Cleveland that isn't gonna draw the big name

The Celtics raping the Nets in the worst trade in NBA history is a once in a lifetime deal, that doesn't happen
I hope that if LeBron does indeed leave they go in the tank again.

I am sure they could recoup some assets for Love, and maybe even Korver since hes a great fit on a title contending team as a 4th or 5th option.

Osman and Nance are decent role players to keep around. Clarkson will be here. The 8th pick.......

Do what they did last time....trade away as many of the vets as possible, if and when they get cap space DONT spend it- use it by renting it to other teams for draft picks.

Since they have the 8th pick it wouldnt really have to be a 4 year rebuild like last time--- they could prob do it in 2-3 years, depending on who they get in the draft. Say they get 3-4 lotto picks--- you gotta hit on 2 of them and then use the cap space to sign another guy.

One of the funnier things is that if LeBron never came back is that Hayward intended to try and get to Cleveland--- he would prob be in Cleveland with Irving right now with Wiggins--- or since they would not have been in such a hurry- maybe they even take Embiid instead. Its crazy to think of some of those scenarios.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope that if LeBron does indeed leave they go in the tank again.

I am sure they could recoup some assets for Love, and maybe even Korver since hes a great fit on a title contending team as a 4th or 5th option.

Osman and Nance are decent role players to keep around. Clarkson will be here. The 8th pick.......

Do what they did last time....trade away as many of the vets as possible, if and when they get cap space DONT spend it- use it by renting it to other teams for draft picks.

Since they have the 8th pick it wouldnt really have to be a 4 year rebuild like last time--- they could prob do it in 2-3 years, depending on who they get in the draft. Say they get 3-4 lotto picks--- you gotta hit on 2 of them and then use the cap space to sign another guy.

One of the funnier things is that if LeBron never came back is that Hayward intended to try and get to Cleveland--- he would prob be in Cleveland with Irving right now with Wiggins--- or since they would not have been in such a hurry- maybe they even take Embiid instead. Its crazy to think of some of those scenarios.

They would really have no choice...The worst place to be in the NBA is in no mans land, like my home town Knicks are almost every season

Winning 20-30 games, ending up at that back end of the lottery or in the teens, if you do this repeatedly, you will never get out of the rut, unless you hit huge on those picks, which is not likely to happen in that spot

Teams are just far better bottoming out completely, and having a shot at the best 3 or 4 players for 3 or 4 straight seasons

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have a bad feeling.....to me...and you prob saw this in miami to an extent- it just seems that the team is just tired and mentally fried from going so deep over and over and over again. I see it in Golden State too actually. They just dont look as mentally sharp and as hungry as they did last year or the year before.

Boston and Houston just seem so much more hungry and sharp at times.

Dosent mean that the Warriors and Cavs wont win---- they both definitely can- but I am worried about the Cavs big time and if I were a Warriors fan- id be worried as well except for the fact that CP3 is hobbling around on one leg.

surprisingly i agree that maybe the hunger thing COULD be part of the issue...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would really have no choice...The worst place to be in the NBA is in no mans land, like my home town Knicks are almost every season

Winning 20-30 games, ending up at that back end of the lottery or in the teens, if you do this repeatedly, you will never get out of the rut, unless you hit huge on those picks, which is not likely to happen in that spot

Teams are just far better bottoming out completely, and having a shot at the best 3 or 4 players for 3 or 4 straight seasons
I totally agree.

Knicks did hit big on Porzingis though. I was so bummed when I heard of his injury. That is just devastating.

He can definitely be a top 10 player someday. He can shoot, play D, guard multiple positions, make plays, put the ball on the floor.

I did not like the Nkilita pick--- i thought they should have taken DSJ. And i did not like the HArdaway Jr. siging.

But- they do have hte 9th pick in what is an absolutely loaded draft. If Sexton or Young fall to them i think either one would be a nice pick as a PG. I also think Mikal Bridges would be a great pick as a wing.

Miles Bridges is the guy that i really find intriguing. He might be too high to pick at 8 or 9 in this draft--- but he really has so many comparisons to DRaymond....he is a great leader, he is a tweener, he is extremely tough and should be good defensively if he can hold his own against slightly bigger players, he can shoot the 3.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have a bad feeling.....to me...and you prob saw this in miami to an extent- it just seems that the team is just tired and mentally fried from going so deep over and over and over again. I see it in Golden State too actually. They just dont look as mentally sharp and as hungry as they did last year or the year before.

Dosent mean that the Warriors and Cavs wont win---- they both definitely can- but I am worried about the Cavs big time and if I were a Warriors fan- id be worried as well except for the fact that CP3 is hobbling around on one leg.

Thats pretty much in line what I told you to expect 4 years ago.

Over time, even the most exotic things seems to turn into the norm.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats pretty much in line what I told you to expect 4 years ago.

Over time, even the most exotic things seems to turn into the norm.
i know the Bulls went to 3 straight Finals twice....

but besides like those ancient Celtics teams in a 14 team league with solely a bunch of 6' 5" white dudes, has any team ever gone to 4 straight Finals?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree.

Knicks did hit big on Porzingis though. I was so bummed when I heard of his injury. That is just devastating.

He can definitely be a top 10 player someday. He can shoot, play D, guard multiple positions, make plays, put the ball on the floor.

I did not like the Nkilita pick--- i thought they should have taken DSJ. And i did not like the HArdaway Jr. siging.

But- they do have hte 9th pick in what is an absolutely loaded draft. If Sexton or Young fall to them i think either one would be a nice pick as a PG. I also think Mikal Bridges would be a great pick as a wing.

Miles Bridges is the guy that i really find intriguing. He might be too high to pick at 8 or 9 in this draft--- but he really has so many comparisons to DRaymond....he is a great leader, he is a tweener, he is extremely tough and should be good defensively if he can hold his own against slightly bigger players, he can shoot the 3.

Yeah Nikolita felt like a Phil Jackson Fu out the door
DSJ was the pick everyone wanted

Can't really say Donovan Mitchell, don't think anyone saw that coming

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I thought Houston didn't play defense :noidea:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know the Bulls went to 3 straight Finals twice....

but besides like those ancient Celtics teams in a 14 team league with solely a bunch of 6' 5" white dudes, has any team ever gone to 4 straight Finals?

Not that I remember.
On top of that, since this super team era started, the Heat have been the only team to win back to back.
Obviously its not easy.

The Warriors created a new blue print a few years back.
Like anything else, success is copied.
Thats what were seeing now with Houston.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I thought Houston didn't play defense :noidea:
Tucker was a huge pick up for them in that regard... he fills a 'Draymond Green / Marcus Smart' role for the Rockets.

Man strength still goes a long way in the NBA.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I remember.
On top of that, since this super team era started, the Heat have been the only team to win back to back.
Obviously its not easy.

The Warriors created a new blue print a few years back.
Like anything else, success is copied.
Thats what were seeing now with Houston.
does not bode well for the Cavs and Warriors....if EITHER makes the Fianls it will be making NBA history

if they both do that would be kinda crazy.

ill be so effen pissed

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does not bode well for the Cavs and Warriors....if EITHER makes the Fianls it will be making NBA history

if they both do that would be kinda crazy.

ill be so effen pissed

I'm guessing more than half to 2/3rds of the country would prefer Celts/Rockets this year, even though Boston has been in their share of Finals

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing more than half to 2/3rds of the country would prefer Celts/Rockets this year, even though Boston has been in their share of Finals

No Paul Rockets vs the Celtics has to be TV execs worst nightmare

Real NBA fans appreciate the Celtics, causal fans that watch an NBA final don't tune in unless the big stars are there

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tucker was a huge pick up for them in that regard... he fills a 'Draymond Green / Marcus Smart' role for the Rockets.

Man strength still goes a long way in the NBA.
The Raptors got rid of Tucker and Carroll- 2 rangy wings that I think really helped them push the Cavs to 6 last year.

They isntead got finesse guys and we see how that worked out.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Nikolita felt like a Phil Jackson Fu out the door
DSJ was the pick everyone wanted
Can't really say Donovan Mitchell, don't think anyone saw that coming

More people were saying to take Monk than take Mitchell.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This series, particularly Games 4 and 5, has exposed the truth. These guys are clueless when it comes to pressure situations in tight games. They're built for blowouts. They're built to have games catered their way. They're built to have zero competition. They're built for easy street.

The sad part, is that Houston hasn't even played their best game yet...

This series just illustrates just why Kevin Durant never was and never will be as good as LeBron James. It also illustrates that Durant himself was every bit to blame for the Thunder's shortcomings over the years as Westbrook was.

Sorry, but the truth hurts.

Rejoice, OKC - Your team may never win the title, but you can at least take solace in the fact that karma will soon strike Mr. Durant and his spoiled, despicable, and front-running ways - Even if Houston fails to live up to their potential and close out the series.

But, I'm still sticking to my Houston in six prediction for good measure, though. :suds:

Some truth to the first part of this but the bolded is stupid. KD was never considered as good as LeBron and never will be no matter what he does.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Correct, this is a big reason why it's really hard to win multiple titles in a row. It's impossible to be as hungry after you win a couple. Houston is ravenous.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting comments.

Some people think the Warriors are one of the best teams ever -- their last 2 games have shown that's not the case. (They won the most games in reg. season in NBA History -- then added the 2nd best player in the league.)

I still think they will win NBA Championship. (Game 7 will be back in Houston -- I think Paul is really hurt) But it is really surprising that their late 4th quarter execution was really bad in the last 2 games. (and says a lot about the Lebron vs. Curry/Durant question)

What? That's not a question, LeBron is significantly ahead of Curry and Durant both career and even this year.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Rockets somehow win and the Cavs lose tonight it will have been a major missed opportunity....if the Cavs lose tonight ill def. not be able to watch another minute of basketball for a long long time....

Isn't the most likely scenario Cavs win tonight, lose Sunday?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't the most likely scenario Cavs win tonight, lose Sunday?
true but i just have a bad feeling

let me ask you---- with the Cavs i have seen- just a lack of an edge that i had seen before the in the playoffs- an urgency, a sharpness that really is lacking on a game to game basis.

they almost seem fried- the core guys- from deep playoff run after deep playoff run....from playing an extra 20 or so games the last 3 years.

While i look at Boston and Houston and i see teams that are sharp, and hungry and not making as many mistakes--- they might miss shots, but they arent missing as many rotations or committing as many dumb turnovers, or having role players completely disapear at times.

what do you think?