• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Golden State is simply not built to grind out games...

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This series, particularly Games 4 and 5, has exposed the truth. These guys are clueless when it comes to pressure situations in tight games. They're built for blowouts. They're built to have games catered their way. They're built to have zero competition. They're built for easy street.

The sad part, is that Houston hasn't even played their best game yet...

This series just illustrates just why Kevin Durant never was and never will be as good as LeBron James. It also illustrates that Durant himself was every bit to blame for the Thunder's shortcomings over the years as Westbrook was.

Sorry, but the truth hurts.

Rejoice, OKC - Your team may never win the title, but you can at least take solace in the fact that karma will soon strike Mr. Durant and his spoiled, despicable, and front-running ways - Even if Houston fails to live up to their potential and close out the series.

But, I'm still sticking to my Houston in six prediction for good measure, though. :suds:

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This series, particularly Games 4 and 5, has exposed the truth. These guys are clueless when it comes to pressure situations in tight games. ...
But, I'm still sticking to my Houston in six prediction for good measure, though. :suds:

Interesting comments.

Some people think the Warriors are one of the best teams ever -- their last 2 games have shown that's not the case. (They won the most games in reg. season in NBA History -- then added the 2nd best player in the league.)

I still think they will win NBA Championship. (Game 7 will be back in Houston -- I think Paul is really hurt) But it is really surprising that their late 4th quarter execution was really bad in the last 2 games. (and says a lot about the Lebron vs. Curry/Durant question)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting comments.

Some people think the Warriors are one of the best teams ever -- their last 2 games have shown that's not the case. (They won the most games in reg. season in NBA History -- then added the 2nd best player in the league.)

I still think they will win NBA Championship. (Game 7 will be back in Houston -- I think Paul is really hurt) But it is really surprising that their late 4th quarter execution was really bad in the last 2 games. (and says a lot about the Lebron vs. Curry/Durant question)
if the Rockets somehow win and the Cavs lose tonight it will have been a major missed opportunity....if the Cavs lose tonight ill def. not be able to watch another minute of basketball for a long long time....

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This series, particularly Games 4 and 5, has exposed the truth. These guys are clueless when it comes to pressure situations in tight games. They're built for blowouts. They're built to have games catered their way. They're built to have zero competition. They're built for easy street.

This series just illustrates just why Kevin Durant never was and never will be as good as LeBron James. It also illustrates that Durant himself was every bit to blame for the Thunder's shortcomings over the years as Westbrook was.

Rejoice, OKC - Your team may never win the title, but you can at least take solace in the fact that karma will soon strike Mr. Durant and his spoiled, despicable, and front-running ways - Even if Houston fails to live up to their potential and close out the series.

I’ll agree with you about Lebron being better than KD, but Westbrook is the type of player that will never win a title. Him and the OKC front office are easily to blame for that trio never winning a title. KD won with a super team, but Westbrook holds his team back right now. If the OKC front office were smart, they’d surround Westbrook with 3 and D kind of guys, a dominant post defender, and a great pick n roll buddy. Instead they just try to bring in superstars and scrubs to fill out the roster. Use the “Lebron model” Cleveland has used since Kyrie left.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting comments.

Here is the problem.

They should be able to beat anybody regardless, but they are the type of team that as soon as they are down one of their primary facilitators (Green or Iggy) they aren't nearly the same team.

If Iggy were playing, the series would have been over in 5. It isn't an excuse because they have too much talent to play this poorly, but there were at lest a dozen occasions in each game where I said to myself "damn they miss Iggy".

It is fair to rank the 2017 version among the GOAT teams. This year's group isn't as good, for whatever reason.

All I know is I hope CP3's injury isn't serious. Because the narrative will be that GS got lucky if he doesn't play. When these 2 teams are both 100% GS is hands down the best team, but we probably won't see that the rest of this series.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the problem.

They should be able to beat anybody regardless, but they are the type of team that as soon as they are down one of their primary facilitators (Green or Iggy) they aren't nearly the same team.

If Iggy were playing, the series would have been over in 5. It isn't an excuse because they have too much talent to play this poorly, but there were at lest a dozen occasions in each game where I said to myself "damn they miss Iggy".

It is fair to rank the 2017 version among the GOAT teams. This year's group isn't as good, for whatever reason.

All I know is I hope CP3's injury isn't serious. Because the narrative will be that GS got lucky if he doesn't play. When these 2 teams are both 100% GS is hands down the best team, but we probably won't see that the rest of this series.
If GS wins their second in a row, nobody will even care in a few years unless Houston wins a title soon after. I seriously doubt Houston increases their chances at a title over the next few years. This is their peak year.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

KD lost game 5 and game 6 all by himself in the series vs the Warriors and thats how he got the cupcake nickname. They guy is mentally weak and has no idea what to do at the end of games.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting comments.

I've had fun with Lebron fans trolling them on Curry being better than Lebron at some points.

But in all honesty, they're not even comparable. Lebron's without a doubt the best player in the league.

If Lebron had did what KD did the last two games in crunch time - he'd get eviscerated. KD should be getting similar treatment.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had fun with Lebron fans trolling them on Curry being better than Lebron at some points.

But in all honesty, they're not even comparable. Lebron's without a doubt the best player in the league.

If Lebron had did what KD did the last two games in crunch time - he'd get eviscerated. KD should be getting similar treatment.

Kd not built for this.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kd not built for this.

They've been talking about the replay on FS1 of the last play. KD just stood there letting Ariza press him; made no effort to get open. Draymond still fumbled and choked away. But I wonder what Draymond would've done since KD wasn't open and Curry was getting double teamed.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Golden state is an amazing team. No doubt about it.

It’s unfortunate, but I have noticed over the years that golden state tends to get the benefit of having the other teams best player or second best player hurt. It’s not their fault, it just seems to happen that way.

Last years WCF was a joke because pachulia did his clumsy idiot thing. The first title GSW won, I seem to remember every single opponent having some kind of injury trouble. Granted, it’s late in the year and guys get hurt, but the warriors seem to get more injury luck than most teams and it’s unfortunate because the warriors are already so talented and they don’t need to be facing these watered down teams.

I think Houston would’ve won this series with a healthy Paul. If he can’t play or he’s severely limited, GSW is going to get bailed out and coast to the championship.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics are winning the NBA title

I'm the only one in the world that seemed to know this 2 weeks ago

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Rockets somehow win and the Cavs lose tonight it will have been a major missed opportunity....if the Cavs lose tonight ill def. not be able to watch another minute of basketball for a long long time....

Just shows you're not really a fan of the game.
Not knocking you because many people have the same mindset.

Also confirms why you would rather have a team tank for years vs other options.

You wouldn't watch any of it, and if they got good again you'd jump back on the bandwagon.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You wouldn't watch any of it, and if they got good again you'd jump back on the bandwagon.

There is no other path to success in the NBA besides tanking, especially in a city like Cleveland that isn't gonna draw the big name

The Celtics raping the Nets in the worst trade in NBA history is a once in a lifetime deal, that doesn't happen

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no other path to success in the NBA besides tanking, especially in a city like Cleveland that isn't gonna draw the big name

The Celtics raping the Nets in the worst trade in NBA history is a once in a lifetime deal, that doesn't happen

There is a list of teams that have been terrible for years that aren't even close to being on a 'path to success'.
Can't rewrite history, but if the James lotto ball bounces any other way, the Cavs would have done what, ever?

As long as 2,3,4 veteran stars, superstars find ways to play together, the path to success will end with titles for those teams.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not throw dirt on their graves yet.
I still am not ready to concede this series to Houston. The W's from 2014-2017 were arguably the best in history.

That being said, I do think in some ways DURANT has made the team worse despite that seeming impossible.
His ball hogging style PLUS his sometimes great/sometimes horrible defense has infected the Warriors.

Prior to his arrival, they were quietly one of the best defensive teams in basketball.
And Their unselfish offensive style really worked. Both of those things have slowly disappeared over the last 2 years.

DURANT seems determined to make them another version of the KD/WESTBROOK/HARDEN/IBAKA era teams.
He will be deservedly so blasted by the media if this team fails to even make a Finals now.

And just imagine if Zsa Zsa Pachulia was not some clumsy oaf.....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

after the Indians lost to the Yanks last year I dont think i watched a minute of baseball- it just made me sick to my stomach that they blew such a big opportunity- and i can guarantee you- not a lot of people that know more about baseball than i do and watch as much baseball as i do.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not throw dirt on their graves yet.
I still am not ready to concede this series to Houston. The W's from 2014-2017 were arguably the best in history.

That being said, I do think in some ways DURANT has made the team worse despite that seeming impossible.
His ball hogging style PLUS his sometimes great/sometimes horrible defense has infected the Warriors.

Prior to his arrival, they were quietly one of the best defensive teams in basketball.
And Their unselfish offensive style really worked. Both of those things have slowly disappeared over the last 2 years.

DURANT seems determined to make them another version of the KD/WESTBROOK/HARDEN/IBAKA era teams.
He will be deservedly so blasted by the media if this team fails to even make a Finals now.

And just imagine if Zsa Zsa Pachulia was not some clumsy oaf.....
no doubt- esp. since Paul is limping around on one leg.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after the Indians lost to the Yanks last year I dont think i watched a minute of baseball- it just made me sick to my stomach that they blew such a big opportunity- and i can guarantee you- not a lot of people that know more about baseball than i do and watch as much baseball as i do.

I get it.
Cavs aren’t dead yet by any means.
Neither are the Warriors.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it.
Cavs aren’t dead yet by any means.
Neither are the Warriors.
i have a bad feeling.....to me...and you prob saw this in miami to an extent- it just seems that the team is just tired and mentally fried from going so deep over and over and over again. I see it in Golden State too actually. They just dont look as mentally sharp and as hungry as they did last year or the year before.

Boston and Houston just seem so much more hungry and sharp at times.

Dosent mean that the Warriors and Cavs wont win---- they both definitely can- but I am worried about the Cavs big time and if I were a Warriors fan- id be worried as well except for the fact that CP3 is hobbling around on one leg.