• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Go Sens GO! Beat those stinky Penguins!

Urkie

The MVP...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They have been pretty bad. Missing the obvious and calling the questionable it seems. I'm not sure if they're determining the series but I agree they could be a lot better.

Oh yeah, on both sides they are missing a ton and calling bs.

For instance, right after Spezza scored on the 5 on 3 he barrelled in the zone and was about to shoot but somebody hooked him from behind. That was more of a penalty then the one that got the Sens the 5 on 3.

On the Pens side there were a few trips not called and some interference. I just wish there would be some consistency though. Then it wouldn't bug me so much.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I expected them to lose this series forty. I just hoped they would make the Pens earn it in 6 or 7 games. Doesn't look like that's going to happen.

Hopefully Murray can make our defense a little better next year with more speed on the back end. It's definitely a weakness I'm seeing.

I had hope too. But realistically, accepting losing is just completely ingrained in this franchise. It's a systemic problem. I lay a lot of it at Alfie's feet for what happens out there, but it's gotta be so much bigger than him. Not to beat that dead horse, but there has to be a reason why guys want out. Redden (performance notwithstanding), Heater, Smith, Corvo, Commodore...

Even Vermette has said that he was "relieved" when he got traded.

And Murray has taken stabs at "improving the D" for the past five years. I hope he just stops. Maybe send Campoli, Sutton and Carkner to "Learn to play hockey" classes... Oh, and stop being such a prick to Lee.

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am glad that this type of game happened vs. the Sens. Yes, you can't match the intensity that you come out of the gate with when you're up 4-0, but playing lazy is unacceptable.

If the Sens had more talent or played a little smarter, or both, they could have easily tied this up. I hope they learn this lesson now, so if they get into a similar situation later, against a more talented team, they will go for five, six, or ten, keep playing sound defensively, and not take lazy penalties. Another thing that irritates me about this is at least play for your goaltender. I know all the offensive guys got to rack up points tonight, and that is nice, but Fleury deserved to pad his stats (or at least make them more respectable) too. Putting him against two 5 on 3's isn't helping that.

I'm very happy with the result of the game obviously, but it was far from perfect and there will be plenty of tape to look at if you ask me.

Urkie

The MVP...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I had hope too. But realistically, accepting losing is just completely ingrained in this franchise. It's a systemic problem. I lay a lot of it at Alfie's feet for what happens out there, but it's gotta be so much bigger than him. Not to beat that dead horse, but there has to be a reason why guys want out. Redden (performance notwithstanding), Heater, Smith, Corvo, Commodore...

Even Vermette has said that he was "relieved" when he got traded.

And Murray has taken stabs at "improving the D" for the past five years. I hope he just stops. Maybe send Campoli, Sutton and Carkner to "Learn to play hockey" classes... Oh, and stop being such a prick to Lee.

Lee will get his chance next year since he has a 1 way contract now. Hopefully Carkner doesn't see the ice ever again and if he does we're in trouble. Sutton is good for a hit every once in awhile but he's not very good in his own end and Campoli is useless. He just refuses to move his feet.

Here's how I see our defense looking next year:

Phillips
Karlsson
Lee
Kuba
Volchenkov?
UFA (Z. Michalek)?

And this was really a surprise season to me forty. I didn't expect them to go any farther then the first or second round, especially with the injuries now.

It's good that some young blood is making their way on the team though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Urkie

The MVP...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am glad that this type of game happened vs. the Sens. Yes, you can't match the intensity that you come out of the gate with when you're up 4-0, but playing lazy is unacceptable.

If the Sens had more talent or played a little smarter, or both, they could have easily tied this up. I hope they learn this lesson now, so if they get into a similar situation later, against a more talented team, they will go for five, six, or ten, keep playing sound defensively, and not take lazy penalties. Another thing that irritates me about this is at least play for your goaltender. I know all the offensive guys got to rack up points tonight, and that is nice, but Fleury deserved to pad his stats (or at least make them more respectable) too. Putting him against two 5 on 3's isn't helping that.

I'm very happy with the result of the game obviously, but it was far from perfect and there will be plenty of tape to look at if you ask me.

In a game like this Kovalev would have been pretty effective. I really really wish we could have seen what he could do. The man is good in the playoffs, there's no denying that.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a game like this Kovalev would have been pretty effective. I really really wish we could have seen what he could do. The man is good in the playoffs, there's no denying that.

Kovalev and Michalek would have been tremendous. Missing them reduced the Sens to a one line team. If nothing else, we could have spread out the Pens a bit.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kovalev and Michalek would have been tremendous. Missing them reduced the Sens to a one line team. If nothing else, we could have spread out the Pens a bit.
Agreed, this probably would have been an even series with them in...Kovy is a Pens killer too.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, this probably would have been an even series with them in...Kovy is a Pens killer too.

I just realized I am lamenting the loss of Kovalev's heart.

gah

Urkie

The MVP...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Yep, it's a shame but what can you do? Hopefully they can win at least one more in this series and build on the good season they had. It's easy to just look at the negatives right now but the bottom line is that it was a good comeback season and we learned a lot about a few of the younger guys this year.

Urkie

The MVP...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just realized I am lamenting the loss of Kovalev's heart.

gah

Kovy's actually won a cup unlike a lot of guys on this team and he does have pretty good numbers in the playoffs. Unlike some guys on this team he actually steps up when it really matters.