• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Getting to know the new board

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He's such a fucking baby, that one. Such a weird attitude for a troll. Every time anyone tries to reply with some of their own smack he gets all hurt about it.

And his own smack is sometimes amusing but usually a retread of 'you are poor' 'you are ugly' 'you are a woman'

Nothing clever, no takes on our actual TEAMS, just blah.

I'm almost through with the pissant.

Yeah, i think he's just about used up.

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LOL Just read that thread. Is Nolan really touting his "old school knowledge"? And yet he whined more than anyone about letting Timmy throw 200 innings last year. I told him then that if the Giants reached the playoffs this year that it was going to be important to keep Timmy's innings up in previous years so as to condition his arm to go deep in the playoffs.

BTW, definition of Old School Knowledge? For me, it is reserved for guys who played, coached, or scouted at or near the professional level.

Exactly, I don't think being older but still having the exact same experiences as somebody else (only for longer) mean you know more than said person, especially if the younger person is willing to use facts and figures to obtain their knowledge.

I think I'm going to chase him around that message board every time he says something wrong and make him look like a fucking idiot over and over again hahaha. Or at the very least I'll stop when he finally admits that he was wrong on a matter rather than just reaching for empty and weak insults.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, I don't think being older but still having the exact same experiences as somebody else (only for longer) mean you know more than said person, especially if the younger person is willing to use facts and figures to obtain their knowledge.

I think I'm going to chase him around that message board every time he says something wrong and make him look like a fucking idiot over and over again hahaha. Or at the very least I'll stop when he finally admits that he was wrong on a matter rather than just reaching for empty and weak insults.

Here's the problem there...you will look kind of stalkery, and he will NEVER admit anything. He's his own version of the Abyss. Take a few shots here and there for fun as I like to do, but I think you'll get tired of it.

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here's the problem there...you will look kind of stalkery, and he will NEVER admit anything. He's his own version of the Abyss. Take a few shots here and there for fun as I like to do, but I think you'll get tired of it.

I might get tired of it, but I just don't like it when people talk like they're smarter than somebody they don't know (a pretty bad habit of Nolan's), especially when the demeaning person isn't too bright to begin with. So I'll show him the error of his ways, even though he won't likely admit when he's wrong, at the very least he'll feel and look like a complete dumbass.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might get tired of it, but I just don't like it when people talk like they're smarter than somebody they don't know (a pretty bad habit of Nolan's), especially when the demeaning person isn't too bright to begin with. So I'll show him the error of his ways, even though he won't likely admit when he's wrong, at the very least he'll feel and look like a complete dumbass.

Hey, have at it. I really got to him today in the 'Who's hot?' thread.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, good luck with THAT tactic. He's a dolt and will NEVER admit he's wrong b/c then you might not pay as much attention to him.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, good luck with THAT tactic. He's a dolt and will NEVER admit he's wrong b/c then you might not pay as much attention to him.

Exactly. Attention whores like being chased around.

He does seem extra pissy in their GDT thread today, I think nate and I darkened his mood even more than usual

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Exactly. Attention whores like being chased around.

He does seem extra pissy in their GDT thread today, I think nate and I darkened his mood even more than usual

:D Go us! hahaha Well if he would stop acting like he's too smart to be wrong, then smarter people wouldn't have to constantly show him that he's wrong.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:D Go us! hahaha Well if he would stop acting like he's too smart to be wrong, then smarter people wouldn't have to constantly show him that he's wrong.

He won't. Listen to the wisdom of your elders, who are veterans of this battle. He just won't. Enjoy it for your own sake, but do not expect to 'win'.

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He won't. Listen to the wisdom of your elders, who are veterans of this battle. He just won't. Enjoy it for your own sake, but do not expect to 'win'.

That's something he seems to pride himself on, so I made a joke about being senile in the other thread to see if it would get under his skin. He's still convinced that I'm the alt of somebody else, but he hasn't accused me of being anybody in particular yet.

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dude, did I just accomplish the impossible and get NN to admit that he's wrong?

Me: Exactly, I'm not messing with you just to be a d1ck. I just don't like the way you've been assuming that you're right about everything, so when in my opinion (and when I can back it up with facts and stats, otherwise my opinion is no better than yours) I think you're incorrect on a matter I let you know about it. In the end we're all Giants fans here and that's the most important thing.

NN: Its an act. Feel free to give your opinion at any time. It's at least as valid as mine and if it has to do with statistical analysis, even more so. I love the emotion and drama of sports but analysis of stats bores me to tears.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really, but you did get him to relax and remind you/us it's all fun and games. Nolan is annoying, and he usually pretends not to care about being wrong by saying 'it's an act', but it's not untrue. He emotionally declared the team's season over after the tough loss to Cincinnati at home, multiple times, because he was emotional and pissed and so on, but he now claims that wasn't his real take, it was in the emotional heat of the moment, basically saying that was 'an act' too. So essentially, whenever Nolan is cornered so badly like you just did that he can't possibly defend his ridiculous position any longer, he pulls the 'it's an act' card.

So it's an act, in the sense that he purposely acts like a jerk to amuse himself, but deep down we know he thinks he's real baseball smart and word clever....and he's quite wrong there.

He's fun to mess with because he keeps at you even when you are making him look silly.
It's all just messing around. Even Tito is a clown.

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not really, but you did get him to relax and remind you/us it's all fun and games. Nolan is annoying, and he usually pretends not to care about being wrong by saying 'it's an act', but it's not untrue. He emotionally declared the team's season over after the tough loss to Cincinnati at home, multiple times, because he was emotional and pissed and so on, but he now claims that wasn't his real take, it was in the emotional heat of the moment, basically saying that was 'an act' too. So essentially, whenever Nolan is cornered so badly like you just did that he can't possibly defend his ridiculous position any longer, he pulls the 'it's an act' card.

So it's an act, in the sense that he purposely acts like a jerk to amuse himself, but deep down we know he thinks he's real baseball smart and word clever....and he's quite wrong there.

He's fun to mess with because he keeps at you even when you are making him look silly.

Ok, so basically he's embracing the fact that he's been beaten, but he still doesn't want to admit it. I wonder if he'd still have the same position saying my opinion is at least as valuable as his if he knew how young I am. He seems like someone who in his outside life walks around with an attitude that everybody under 45 is stupid and inferior to him.

As far as Tito goes, he ignores me now. hahaha I keep egging him on when he comments on a thread but he just avoids me, do you think I've offended the token Mexican troll?

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yep

The other day, he called me a troll. I asked him why and he said its basically since I associated with filo, tzil, msg, gp, nate, etc. he concluded I had to be a troll.

lol, I felt honored .. he associates himself with Envy and livin, I win.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Here's a clue to the mindset of nolan.........he's a troll.

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Careful, you don't want to get banned.

I don't care if I get banned from that board, I can discuss Giants baseball here. I don't think any of us would really care if we were banned from the idiot board, would you care tzill?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care if I get banned from that board, I can discuss Giants baseball here. I don't think any of us would really care if we were banned from the idiot board, would you care tzill?

I guess not. I could always post under my MSG, GP, or Filo screenames....