• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Getting to know the new board

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey msg and everyone else, thank you for the invite. Who else is here that is from the espn board as well?

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sounds good to me. Theoretically though, couldn't one of the trolls that wanted to bother/stalk us google one or all of our screen names and find this website as a result?

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome aboard Nate.

All of us here are transplants from the main ESPN board. The trolling there is just incessant and mind numbing. As for trolls finding us, they haven't yet. It would be easy for them to, but there is an ignore feature here. That and I don't think they're smart enough, lol.

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Welcome aboard Nate.

All of us here are transplants from the main ESPN board. The trolling there is just incessant and mind numbing. As for trolls finding us, they haven't yet. It would be easy for them to, but there is an ignore feature here. That and I don't think they're smart enough, lol.

Thank you filosofy. Yes I have noticed that there are quite a lot of annoyances there, even before I started posting there I had been reading for a couple of months. Hahaha I just thought that an attention whore like Tito might do something like that. He's discovered how to use youtube and who knows what he could accomplish or how annoying he could get if he learns how to use google?

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you filosofy. Yes I have noticed that there are quite a lot of annoyances there, even before I started posting there I had been reading for a couple of months. Hahaha I just thought that an attention whore like Tito might do something like that. He's discovered how to use youtube and who knows what he could accomplish or how annoying he could get if he learns how to use google?

No worries man, hopefully you enjoy it here. If not, there's always the ESPN board for fun :D

This place is a little slower pace then the other board (as we don't have the amount of members as the other board), but it's definitely ten times better during the GDT's.

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No worries man, hopefully you enjoy it here. If not, there's always the ESPN board for fun :D

This place is a little slower pace then the other board (as we don't have the amount of members as the other board), but it's definitely ten times better during the GDT's.

Well thank you, I'm looking forward to it. I won't be participating during most of the GDT's. During most of them I'll be either asleep (I live on the east coast) or I'll have some type of essay to write. Of course assuming the Giants make the playoffs I can afford to miss sleep.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well thank you, I'm looking forward to it. I won't be participating during most of the GDT's. During most of them I'll be either asleep (I live on the east coast) or I'll have some type of essay to write. Of course assuming the Giants make the playoffs I can afford to miss sleep.

Hey Ish, did you move to the east coast, or how did you become a Giants fan?

And yes, it's definitely worth missing sleep for playoffs :D

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey Ish, did you move to the east coast, or how did you become a Giants fan?

And yes, it's definitely worth missing sleep for playoffs :D

The way in which I became a Giants fan was a little unorthodox. I've lived in Virginia my whole life, and it was the summer of 2002. I had just gotten into baseball and hadn't decided to root for a team to that point. In the middle of the day (I was only 13 at this point so flipping through the channels during the day was all I had to do) I saw a game on ESPN between the Braves and the Giants. I can't even put my finger on what it was about this team that I saw that day, or even recall what exactly happened in that game. I just remember watching the Giants destroy them and it was so captivating that I instantly fell in love with this team. The middle of the 2002 season wasn't a good time to start becoming a Giants fan, as it was a major letdown (not as big for me as it was for some of you I'm sure) and consequently it gave me unrealistic expectations of this team.

Does anybody have a similar story as to why they're Giants fans or were all of you born bleeding orange and black?

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way in which I became a Giants fan was a little unorthodox. I've lived in Virginia my whole life, and it was the summer of 2002. I had just gotten into baseball and hadn't decided to root for a team to that point. In the middle of the day (I was only 13 at this point so flipping through the channels during the day was all I had to do) I saw a game on ESPN between the Braves and the Giants. I can't even put my finger on what it was about this team that I saw that day, or even recall what exactly happened in that game. I just remember watching the Giants destroy them and it was so captivating that I instantly fell in love with this team. The middle of the 2002 season wasn't a good time to start becoming a Giants fan, as it was a major letdown (not as big for me as it was for some of you I'm sure) and consequently it gave me unrealistic expectations of this team.

Does anybody have a similar story as to why they're Giants fans or were all of you born bleeding orange and black?

In some respects, I always was a Giants fan as my Grandpa and my Mom was a huge Giants fan. My dad "is" a Giants fan but he always bitches about them. I started off as a baseball fan in general, but my favorite player was always Ken Griffey Jr. I started becoming a real "die hard" Giants fan in High School (even though I had always rooted for them before, I just rooted harder for Seattle at the time due to Griffey). That's a cool story though, unfortunately for you, you haven't seen a lot of great baseball since that magical season.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this one,lol. Born n raised in the city, grew up in the time of Will Clark and Kevin Mitchell (shared the same birthday and the one handed catch was the coolest thing to this kid)

Welcome to the board. I'm a passing by poster, too.

I wouldn't worry too much about the trolls migrating over here. Filo has mod control. Even if they did find this place, they could read the posts but not type any response..its gotta be a troll's worst nightmare to be muted, so I doubt they would stay here.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are the mods. I fucking love that. And the cursing. And the gifs and avatars of hot chicks.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This board is the place to meet up for game threads, good baseball insight, and breaks from the other board pastime - troll hunting...and these guys are good at it, lol.

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This place seems pretty cool. I mean it must be because I've read through a couple of the old threads and didn't see any "the sky is falling," or "Matt Cain is a sub .500 JA," or "ump-jacking" statements.

Filosofy, I didn't get to see anything too great from this team since then. I was so pissed off at the front office when they just let Schmidt and Bonds walk without getting viable replacements for them that I quit on this team for the entire 2008 season. I didn't miss too much by doing so, but I couldn't stay away from them on opening day of 2009. Needless to say, this team being 2 up on the wild card in mid-August and then the bastard fucking Rockies overtake them pissed me off. This season felt somehow different on opening day, maybe that's just me being an idiot for feeling that, but obviously I was right.

Also I envy all of you that live in San Fran and can go to games whenever you want, I've actually never even been to a major league game. The closest I ever came was when I was 15 years old and the Giants went to Baltimore in interleague play, but after my family was on the road for an hour or so the car broke down. Needless to say Bonds hit 2 homeruns in that game I missed hahaha.

I may not have been born bleeding orange and black like the rest of you more fortunate fans, but I've had a blood transfusion just for this purpose.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I sure know the east coast routine. Living in NY makes it interesting trying to follow the Giants. Lack of sleep is worth every minute of this season. This has been fun! I've been a Giant fan for a LONG time. I was actually at the 1954 WS when Mays made 'the catch'. I really don't have any lasting memories about 'the catch' since I was only 8 at the time. I spent many summers at the Polo Grounds.
Welcome to this board. It's peaceful. The ESPN board is fun to visit but as the saying goes - you don't want to live there.
My favoite memory was getting some autographs at the Polo Grounds as a kid. I remember a Giant pitch (Johnny Antonelli) signing a baseball for me. One of my worst memories was hearing that we traded Bobby Bonds to the NYY for Bobby Mercer.

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, I sure know the east coast routine. Living in NY makes it interesting trying to follow the Giants. Lack of sleep is worth every minute of this season. This has been fun! I've been a Giant fan for a LONG time. I was actually at the 1954 WS when Mays made 'the catch'. I really don't have any lasting memories about 'the catch' since I was only 8 at the time. I spent many summers at the Polo Grounds.
Welcome to this board. It's peaceful. The ESPN board is fun to visit but as the saying goes - you don't want to live there.
My favoite memory was getting some autographs at the Polo Grounds as a kid. I remember a Giant pitch (Johnny Antonelli) signing a baseball for me. One of my worst memories was hearing that we traded Bobby Bonds to the NYY for Bobby Mercer.

Dude that's incredible. Good for you SF11704, and yeah losing sleep for the Giants is a sacrifice any real fan will make when they have a choice.

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As an aside, is Nolannonsense always such a stubborn douchebag?

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
As an aside, is Nolannonsense always such a stubborn douchebag?

Yes. He's a walking talking argumentative fallacy when he gets cornered. His usual tactic is to use petitio principii and the ad hominem. Don't sweat it - it's pretty obvious.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah - NN is an old timer like myself. He's not a youngster by any means. He's currently having some issues with both MSG and Filo. I think they are both toying with him but he's taking it for much more than face value. Nolan is a 'glass half empty' kind of a fan. For him the sky is always falling. He is allowed to have his opinion. I respect that, but it is trying to say the least. My only real issue with Nolan is his constant reference to his wealth of baseball knowledge and the apparant lack of knowledge for every other poster. In most cases we are dealing with opinions and not absolute truths. He tends to overlook that aspect of it.
Many of the oldtimers from the ESPN board have migrated to other boards. This board happens to be the second major migration that I'm aware of. Most of us left because of the constant trolling and continuous fighting on the other board. I think that NN is angry about that migration and probably blames both MSG and Filo for it.