• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

General Injury Discussion

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

giphy.gif
Because, you know, Hernandez, Blanco and Jackson are ALL getting it done with the bat on a nightly basis. Hey, Gorkys even hit a home run the other night. :rolleyes2:

Responding to Schulman's statement, Pence is the closer of the two needing activation. I expect to see him first, and if he gets any kind of hits, like at AAA, I expect Williamson to be optioned when he's activated.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, this from a Schulman article in the Chronicle yesterday:
"Second baseman Alen Hanson did not travel to Houston with the team and instead headed to Arizona to complete his rehab from a left hamstring strain. Bochy said Hanson will not come off the disabled list when eligible Wednesday because he will need at least a few more days to recover."

Last edited:

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have three, and soon to be four, players on rehab assignments. I thought I'd provide the latest date that they have to be activate, provided that rehab doesn't get interrupted for some reason:
Hunter Pence - May 31st
Mac Williamson - June 7th
Mark Melancon - June 22nd
Madison Bumgarner - June 25th (provided he starts this Saturday at San Jose)

No word yet on rehab assignments for Panik, Hanson or Cueto. I assume Law was just get activated and optioned when he's ready to come off the dl. I also don't know how long Valdez will be on the dl. Fernandez, of course, is done for the year.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have three, and soon to be four, players on rehab assignments. I thought I'd provide the latest date that they have to be activate, provided that rehab doesn't get interrupted for some reason:
Hunter Pence - May 31st
Mac Williamson - June 7th
Mark Melancon - June 22nd
Madison Bumgarner - June 25th (provided he starts this Saturday at San Jose)

No word yet on rehab assignments for Panik, Hanson or Cueto. I assume Law was just get activated and optioned when he's ready to come off the dl. I also don't know how long Valdez will be on the dl. Fernandez, of course, is done for the year.
I doubt Cueto will start a rehab assignment for another month or so at least.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found some more information from John Shea at the Chronicle (Giants’ Mac Williamson could rejoin team this weekend in Chicago & Giants’ Bumgarner set to begin rehab assignment in Sacramento)
On Bumgarner:
"The left-hander threw 30 pitches and felt a noticeable improvement with his breaking pitches, and his next step is a 45-pitch rehab start at Triple-A Sacramento on Saturday. The plan, which has fluctuated, is to make at least three rehab starts before returning to the rotation."

On Panik:
"Second baseman Joe Panik took on-field batting practice for the first time since his thumb surgery and felt good gripping the bat and hitting to all fields. He said his hand is strong enough that he’s able to use his normal swing. “No babying it,” he said"

On Panik & Hanson:
"Joe Panik (broken thumb) took on-field batting practice for the second straight day and could begin a rehab assignment next week ... Alen Hanson (strained hamstring) is three or four days from playing games at Sacramento as part of a rehab assignment."

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s half the interesting news.

Now what is the other half??

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Pence hitting well on rehab, Williamson announced as the starting left fielder, Gorkys establishing himself as the regular center fielder, and, coincidentally, Jackson hitting much better this month (.302/.434/.395 in May, as he's lost playing time), I do think Blanco's days are numbered on this roster. An outfielder needs to go away at the end of this month and his .194/.242/.339 slash in 62 May at-bats does not bode well for him to survive the purge.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Pence hitting well on rehab, Williamson announced as the starting left fielder, Gorkys establishing himself as the regular center fielder, and, coincidentally, Jackson hitting much better this month (.302/.434/.395 in May, as he's lost playing time), I do think Blanco's days are numbered on this roster. An outfielder needs to go away at the end of this month and his .194/.242/.339 slash in 62 May at-bats does not bode well for him to survive the purge.
We've gone from no outfielders to too many. I guess too many is better.