• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - WCQF (Game 2) Kings at Sharks - 7:00PM

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny how the sharks wanted to start off with a win for once game 1 and then game 2 (the game they usually win) they tank. That tells you things are already different this year.

The positive thing about this is it is only one game and remember the blackhawks last year lost 4-1 at home game 1 vs Nashville and they never looked back after that. Sometimes getting your ass kicked is the only way to start winning.

SharkFan0720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Lets all just relax and try to enjoy this playoffs. This is the first year Im not upset about the Sharks, because I dont see anyone beating the Canucks in a seven game series. The only thing that pisses me off is the play of Thornton. I finally threw my Thornton jersey away. He just doesnt care that much about winning. Hes a disgrace to the Sharks and to hockey. Datsyuk and Sedins are all over the place, but I cant remember Thornton making one decent play. As long as Thornton is a Shark this team will never win a cup. If you dont believe me just ask Bruin fans. Guy just doesnt have what it takes to win.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets all just relax and try to enjoy this playoffs. This is the first year Im not upset about the Sharks, because I dont see anyone beating the Canucks in a seven game series. The only thing that pisses me off is the play of Thornton. I finally threw my Thornton jersey away. He just doesnt care that much about winning. Hes a disgrace to the Sharks and to hockey. Datsyuk and Sedins are all over the place, but I cant remember Thornton making one decent play. As long as Thornton is a Shark this team will never win a cup. If you dont believe me just ask Bruin fans. Guy just doesnt have what it takes to win.

Well said. But also, we all have to relax when it comes to Thornton. Every year we scream when he doesn't give it his all in the playoffs and his level of effectiveness goes down a notch. When are we going to stop being surprised by this? So much perimeter play and he's looking to pass as soon as he gets the puck on his stick. Even when he has room to skate up ice, which is so frustrating to me. All of this, nothing new.

The best thing he does is draw the opponent's top D pairing so the other forward lines can matchup with the lower pairings.

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking at it this way, the sharks had one their worst game ever and it took the kings to play their best and it wasnt nearly as bad as it couldve been

doubledown.jpg

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the wrapper.

If Sharks fall down 1-2, you guys know what you have to do...

i am gonna do it if the Sharks lose the next game...Korky are you with me?

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!"

:csb:

SharkFan0720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think Thornton's situation is as simple as he doesnt have the mental toughness to win the big one. I almost feel bad for the guy he is so scared and nervous. He looks like he will do anything to not get the puck. I think his early playoff exits in Boston fucked him up. Thornton is a lot like Merlin from Top Gun, has a shit load of talent but buckles under pressure. You need your stars to be like Maverick who is not afraid of the big stage and just goes for it. Maverick and Merlin were both extremely skilled, but it was the mental fortitude that sent Mav to the big dance and sent Merlin home packing. You cannot fear the big stage if you want to win. Joe is happy collecting a check and living a great life. He was a top draft pick and mental toughness did not get him to the NHL, which hurts him. I really like Joe, but hes just not the right guy for the job. I truly believe all pro sports are more mental than skill related. These guys for the most part are sick athletes, but it is the ones who have mental toughness and thrive on pressure who win the big games.

Toolrulzz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When at a loss for words, use Top Gun to help relate to what angers and saddens you. It's the only way.

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DAMN BOY!
The Melt Challenge actually caused my chest to ache.. wow.

The BBQ Sausage is actually a pretty cool idea though. I experimented with adding ground bacon (hot smoked) into ground venison for hamburgers (?) for a while. Deer meat has like .5% fat so you need something to hold it together. I little ground chuck helps, but the bacon.. well - there you go!

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Thornton's situation is as simple as he doesnt have the mental toughness to win the big one. I almost feel bad for the guy he is so scared and nervous. He looks like he will do anything to not get the puck. I think his early playoff exits in Boston fucked him up. Thornton is a lot like Merlin from Top Gun, has a shit load of talent but buckles under pressure. You need your stars to be like Maverick who is not afraid of the big stage and just goes for it. Maverick and Merlin were both extremely skilled, but it was the mental fortitude that sent Mav to the big dance and sent Merlin home packing. You cannot fear the big stage if you want to win. Joe is happy collecting a check and living a great life. He was a top draft pick and mental toughness did not get him to the NHL, which hurts him. I really like Joe, but hes just not the right guy for the job. I truly believe all pro sports are more mental than skill related. These guys for the most part are sick athletes, but it is the ones who have mental toughness and thrive on pressure who win the big games.

:noidea:

Umm.... not to doubt your movie trivia, don't you mean Iceman? Not Merlin? Merlin was Mavrick's XO toward the end of the movie.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:plane:
My 2 favorite lines in Top Gun are.....

:thumb:
"I feel the need for speed!"

"You, you r still dangerous, but you can be my wingman anytime. Bullshit you can be mine"
:dance:

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, way to throw Clowe under the bus mister -2 (edit, should be -2, lol but really -1).

Clowe had a fucking awful game not only with the stupid penalties, but the lack of a blocked shot on the Doughty goal. Difference between Clowe and Thornton though is that I expect a MONSTER game from Clowe next game. Thornton.....not so much. He may have an assist.

Shameless chest thump bump. :D

Clowe had a worse game then Thornton did in Game 2, but at least he was trying to do too much.