• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - WCQF (Game 2) Kings at Sharks - 7:00PM

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game Sharks, I expect a completely different game come Tuesday.

I would disagree with the "good game" part of it - I mean rivalry aside, it was one of the worst displays of professional sports that I can remember. The King's should actually be up 2 games right now imho.. and the Sharks are lucky they are not.

That being said - I am more interested to see what game 4 looks like than game 3. That's usually the back-breaker game and the Kings look like they want it a lot more.

Congrats to your team - good luck on Tues.

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not blame this all on Niemi, he is not getting the defensive support in front of him. How can you say he's the main problem when the whole team is fucking up. Remember this guy won a cup last year? He did it because he had the support. Defense obviously wins championships and we've seen this guy stand on his head to win games... like game 1, but you can't expect him to do that every game.

The whole team needs to come to the conclusion right the fuck now if they want to save their season or not and play 60 minutes of hockey. If they do that they will beat this team in 5, guaren-fuckin-tee it.

There are 4 solid scoring lines and 7 20 goal scorers.... WTF is the hold up.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not blame this all on Niemi, he is not getting the defensive support in front of him. How can you say he's the main problem when the whole team is fucking up. Remember this guy won a cup last year? He did it because he had the support. Defense obviously wins championships and we've seen this guy stand on his head to win games... like game 1, but you can't expect him to do that every game.

The whole team needs to come to the conclusion right the fuck now if they want to save their season or not and play 60 minutes of hockey. If they do that they will beat this team in 5, guaren-fuckin-tee it.

There are 4 solid scoring lines and 7 20 goal scorers.... WTF is the hold up.

Dude.....sarcasm.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not worried, at all. The Sharks have been just awakend and will use this game as Motivation and never let this pour effort happen again. I believe in this team and know this year will be different from all others from the past.

The Kings are in for a big surprise, and I can't wait for Game #3

Let's Go SHARKS!!!!!!!!!

:laser: :lalala: = :rip:

:whoo:

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+5 to Chango, the only positive sharks fan left lol

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude, did you read the whole thread? Destroy and I both said we weren't really worried about the Sharks lackluster play. I think Korky did too. That and you obviously don't get sarcasm either.

I think the Sharks will still win this round, I've just tempered my expectations for future rounds after this.

Last edited by a moderator:

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how am I supposed to get sarcasm over the internet through a guy I don't even know and for all I know could be depressed as hell. I've seen the shit you've talked don't try to deny. I think the Sharks will be fine too, but to call me out like I'm supposed to know you and know you are being sarcastic through text over the internet... that's just a tad bit silly, philly.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharks certainly can handle pressure (see series vs. colorado)

This LA team is better than last year's Colorado team, even without Kopitar. Both of Colorado's wins were by one goal, including that fluke Game 3 win in OT. Even with the Kings being a strong team, it's a complete embarrassment that they would hand the Sharks their worst postseason home shutout loss, especially with the Kings' lack of depth at center. Only the Sharks could manage to put out such a shitty performance like the one last night. Typical of what we should be used to in April/May.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched this game at my buddy's house with my god daughter and her friends within ear shot. Not having access to profanity while witnessing this pant-load of a game for the Sharks has nearly put me off tuning in for the next three losses.

Rares - every fucking post you put up was spot on, and frustratingly so.

Who the fuck thought that "scheme" against the King's D in our zone was a great idea? Did we just think we were not passive ENOUGH in game one? BTW, can someone throw a check? I mean - at least appear to care that that fool behind your bench with the Bail Bonds T-Shirt and ridiculous wig probably spent $600 to watch a barely amateur attempt this evening with his GF.

ugh. There were so many things wrong with our game its staggering. I am already preparing for the apologetic platitudes after our eventual crumble. We might "wake up" and survive this round, but there is no way this team will go far into the playoffs.

I am actually embarrassed to be a Sharks fan right now.

+1

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back from dinner... didn't even bother to check for score updates on my phone or anything.

The thing that pisses me off so bad about tonight is that the Sharks sucked at every single little fucking thing out there... got dominated in every aspect of the game (for the 2 periods that I did waste my time watching, no idea about the 3rd).

Had they lost by a goal or two after actually trying or putting forth any kind of effort, I wouldn't be so pissed off. I'd be like, "oh hey, they lost to a team that wanted it more, congrats Kings on a well played game, series isn't over yet, no big deal, etc. etc."... but this was just embarrassing.

Fucking pathetic shit, really.

Kings should win this series in 6 games max and then Dougie can hopefully fuck off and ride into the sunset. That fucking clueless asshole of a GM.

PS. Take Heatley/Thornton/Wallin/Huskins with you. Fucking loser.

+1

Time for Wilson to be evaluated and put under the microscope by his bosses after the postseason ends.

Last edited by a moderator:

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I cannot speak for most others here, but I think just about everyone feels we can beat LA in 7 games (why it would take 7 is well documented already - I believe this emoticon aptly describes our feeling toward our top players: :attention: ). However when you wake up early, blaze through all your gardening, wash the cars, clean the house, get your suits ready for the week, and then blaze to your friends house to enjoy a :caked: ... well, its a little hard to contain the vitriol.

Compare our last game to the last one between ANA and NSH. I was SHOCKED at how physical NSH was, in fact I am surprised that NSH didn't take their candy and donkey punch their mom on the way out of the arena. NSH lost, but that game left me wondering if ANA will get swept the next two games... I bet ANA is wondering that too.

I can take being 1 - 1 but unlike the ANA/NSH contest, I am wondering if my team will actually show up and give me something to cheer about...

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
lol people relax, they didnt show up and lost to a desperate team. Had they shown up and got stomped id be worried

CaptainTrashy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
they just showed up and shit the bed...I don't know anyone who was thinking sweep, so lets just hope it doesn't happen again, btw can we get an smiley for that?

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
lol people relax, they didnt show up and lost to a desperate team. Had they shown up and got stomped id be worried

Who doesnt show up in the playoffs??? If a team isnt showing up in the PO's, then therein lies the problem. You cant gift games and just bounce back. It's hard enough to win when you are firing on cylinders, but not trying because you won game 1 is pathetic. What more motivation could they possibly need?

why are the sharks so goddamn inconsistent when the 2nd season starts?

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how am I supposed to get sarcasm over the internet through a guy I don't even know and for all I know could be depressed as hell. I've seen the shit you've talked don't try to deny. I think the Sharks will be fine too, but to call me out like I'm supposed to know you and know you are being sarcastic through text over the internet... that's just a tad bit silly, philly.

Well you're getting mad at others for flying off of the handle and you go and do the same.....so it's ok. BTW, when I use ";)" or ":D" these in one of my posts, my intention is for sarcasm for future reference. Did you really think I was going to go get hammered on whiskey and go get a frontal lobotomy on a Saturday night? ;) Relax dude, we're all in the same boat.....we're Sharks fans and it's the playoffs. There's going to be some anxiety. I still think the Sharks will make it out of this round, I'm just not so sure how much farther they'll go (assuming they do make it out of this round).

I did talk a lot of sheet during the Ducks game, but that's the only game I can really think of recently that I was out of line. That game pissed me off and it still bothers me that the Sharks have a penchant for phoning in really important games. I played hockey (and still do) for a long time.....there's really no excuse to not give maximum effort in the playoffs. I'm not saying they have to win every game or every series.....just try as hard as you can for as long as you can. That's all I want to see. Given the Sharks effort (or lack thereof) on Saturday, I don't think any of my posts in this thread are over the top at all. If you disagree, I understand. We're all entitled to our own opinions. Anyway, have a good one man. I think we'll see a much different Sharks team on Tuesday!

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they just showed up and shit the bed...I don't know anyone who was thinking sweep, so lets just hope it doesn't happen again, btw can we get an smiley for that?

A smiley for what? Shitting the bed?!

Hey.. did you guys know I have my own smiley?

:vee:

Toolrulzz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugly, ugly game the other night. Bad news: the playoffs are a terrible time to have one of, if not the worst games of the year. Good news: It's only one game and it was only game 2. I didn't read the whole thread but I'm sure all of the glaring issues were touched on like the PK, lack of effort etc. I think game 3 will show us what direction this team is headed. I'll be really worried if they don't show up again.

I for one think they can bounce back as long as they go to work. Last year they lost 2 games on 2 flukey goals and bounced back against the Avs. And then they got their asses handed to them by Detroit in game 4 and bounced back just fine. Granted, they were already ahead 3-0 in the series when that happened but it was the Wings and there were past demons lurking. Experience and leadership can't be excuses anymore. They'll either get it done or they won't due to their talent and heart or the lack of both.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm looking at it this way, the sharks had one their worst game ever and it took the kings to play their best and it wasnt nearly as bad as it couldve been