• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - WCQF (Game 2) Kings at Sharks - 7:00PM

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodnight Gents, hopefully we'll get them next game. At least this wasn't a heartbreaker in OT.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry John. I've just tasted my first championship (not a huge fan of football and I fucking loathe basketbal, so it's Sharks and Giants onlyl) and it's WELL worth the wait. That said, tbh, life doesn't change much at all (if anything). I thought it would be this epic thing.....it's not. I still have to work Monday - Friday, lol.

BTW, King Felix is killing me in fantasy!

Heh, yeah he hasn't been so Kingly so far this year. He does tend to pitch better from June on so just make sure to stick it out with him.

Just don't expect many wins. Seattle's O stinks.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game Dave and Hawaii, your boys put on their work boots.

Well, time to get drunk for me. And play Black Ops.....and get a frontal lobotomy.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PK, zone entry, dicipline, need to improve.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Filo said, congrats Kings fans! For everything the Sharks did bad, the Kings did just as much good and fully deserved to win this game. They played very very well.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, way to throw Clowe under the bus mister -2 (edit, should be -2, lol but really -1).

Clowe had a fucking awful game not only with the stupid penalties, but the lack of a blocked shot on the Doughty goal. Difference between Clowe and Thornton though is that I expect a MONSTER game from Clowe next game. Thornton.....not so much. He may have an assist.

Last edited by a moderator:

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it earlier the first three goals were from the point. Sharks want the kings to shoot from there. The just need to keep the front of the net clear and those goals don't happen. Next game will be a battle. Kings don't do well on the first game after a road trip (I know that this really isn't the same) so I don't feel safe.
Game 5 tickets on sale tomorrow. :)

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, way to throw Clowe under the bus mister -2 (edit, should be -2, lol but really -1).

Clowe had a fucking awful game not only with the stupid penalties, but the lack of a blocked shot on the Doughty goal. Difference between Clowe and Thornton though is that I expect a MONSTER game from Clowe next game. Thornton.....not so much. He may have an assist.

Secondary assist. :p:flame:

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:rant:
:attention:

Time to forget this fucking game, just like how I dropped a thunder-us deuce in the mens bathroom and forgot to flush the toilet.

Raise the level of play next game Sharks!!!!!

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Thornton+marleau = stanley cup impossible.

There is just no way in hell that jumbo will ever win a cup. he is so one dimensional and lazy that it's unreal. Through 50 mins tonight, he had zero shots. He helped waste 10 minutes of PP time, and really, he is just so easy to defend in the PO's. He's never won a conference final game in his career, and it's no coincidence.

Patty too is horrifically inconsistent. he was so great down the stretch, playing so hard, using his speed and doing all the right things. Tonight, 4 giveaways, just 2 shots on goal, and horrible flopped shots and passes all night.

No team wins the cup when their 4 highest paid players stink it up. Jumbo, Patty, Heater, and Boyle have combined for 1 point and -3 in the first two games. The sharks have nice depth so they were able to win a game without them, but they have to be the best players for the sharks to go anywhere.

The upside is that if they do choke this series (and im not saying they will), then it will be so bad, that it might push dougie over the edge to shake up one of the big two (preferably jumbo). His reputation is well deserved and at age 31 and year 13 in the league, I think he pretty much maxed out.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thornton+marleau = stanley cup impossible.

There is just no way in hell that jumbo will ever win a cup. he is so one dimensional and lazy that it's unreal. Through 50 mins tonight, he had zero shots. He helped waste 10 minutes of PP time, and really, he is just so easy to defend in the PO's. He's never won a conference final game in his career, and it's no coincidence.

Patty too is horrifically inconsistent. he was so great down the stretch, playing so hard, using his speed and doing all the right things. Tonight, 4 giveaways, just 2 shots on goal, and horrible flopped shots and passes all night.

No team wins the cup when their 4 highest paid players stink it up. Jumbo, Patty, Heater, and Boyle have combined for 1 point and -3 in the first two games. The sharks have nice depth so they were able to win a game without them, but they have to be the best players for the sharks to go anywhere.

The upside is that if they do choke this series (and im not saying they will), then it will be so bad, that it might push dougie over the edge to shake up one of the big two (preferably jumbo). His reputation is well deserved and at age 31 and year 13 in the league, I think he pretty much maxed out.

They will do their damn best to choke away the series because they're the Sharks, and they have that choker reputation to uphold. This team will only be able to fully change its identity when Thornton and Marleau are no longer on the team. I really hate Perry and Getzlaf, but they've won a Cup by being mean and nasty SOB's who don't seem to give a damn about how they are perceived. The Sharks' identity will change when the most talented players on the team are also grinding, relentless, mean, nasty, motherfuckers who really only care about WINNING THE CUP.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back from dinner... didn't even bother to check for score updates on my phone or anything.

The thing that pisses me off so bad about tonight is that the Sharks sucked at every single little fucking thing out there... got dominated in every aspect of the game (for the 2 periods that I did waste my time watching, no idea about the 3rd).

Had they lost by a goal or two after actually trying or putting forth any kind of effort, I wouldn't be so pissed off. I'd be like, "oh hey, they lost to a team that wanted it more, congrats Kings on a well played game, series isn't over yet, no big deal, etc. etc."... but this was just embarrassing.

Fucking pathetic shit, really.

Kings should win this series in 6 games max and then Dougie can hopefully fuck off and ride into the sunset. That fucking clueless asshole of a GM.

PS. Take Heatley/Thornton/Wallin/Huskins with you. Fucking loser.

li0lsh

Hoopla Cash
$ 737.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"we didn't play that bad today"
-Niemi

Can someone step the fuck up and stop pullin shit out of their asses? This is the worst part. TMac and the players never say "listen we fucked up and we're gonna work our ass off to make sure it never happens again". Always this pussy "I thought we played well but what can you do we will work on some stuff".
Like WTF

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ROFL... what a fucking joke.

You guys have a good night. I'm out.

PS. Fuck this choking piece of shit team. The sooner they lose 3 more games, the better. How do you fucking collectively forget that you have a playoff game tonight at 7PM?

I watched this game at my buddy's house with my god daughter and her friends within ear shot. Not having access to profanity while witnessing this pant-load of a game for the Sharks has nearly put me off tuning in for the next three losses.

Rares - every fucking post you put up was spot on, and frustratingly so.

Who the fuck thought that "scheme" against the King's D in our zone was a great idea? Did we just think we were not passive ENOUGH in game one? BTW, can someone throw a check? I mean - at least appear to care that that fool behind your bench with the Bail Bonds T-Shirt and ridiculous wig probably spent $600 to watch a barely amateur attempt this evening with his GF.

ugh. There were so many things wrong with our game its staggering. I am already preparing for the apologetic platitudes after our eventual crumble. We might "wake up" and survive this round, but there is no way this team will go far into the playoffs.

I am actually embarrassed to be a Sharks fan right now.

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game Sharks, I expect a completely different game come Tuesday.

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that pisses me off so bad about tonight is that the Sharks sucked at every single little fucking thing out there...

+1

Agreed. I can live with a loss, but I extended more effort in my last whizz then was collectively put out there by the Sharks: No hustle to loose pucks, no effort to win physical battles, numerous high turnovers, wasted shots against an un-screened goalie, too much whining about what calls we are not getting instead of getting your game together, No forecheck or cycle in the offensive zone with the exception of Mitchell's line, undisciplined play, stunningly ineffective play against the King's D men, No skating away from the puck, a lot of watching the other team skate circles around you.. I am sure there are more.

The economy is not so hot right now and people spending precious $$ to watch $21 mil worth of day-old meatloaf chill on the ice is inappropriate. They should refund 1/2 the ticket price tonight.

Randy suggesting that they switch goalies to "shake things up" is laughable. You want to shake things up? Bench Thornton and tell the rest of the team if they put another performance like that on the ice they will be traded to Florida.