• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - Nashville at San Jose - Jan 8, 5:00PM

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
please god, heal pavelski

Wouldn't help. Pavelski has been one of the biggest disappointments this team has had this year. Putting him in the line-up is just adding another guy who hasn't been able to get anything done in the offensive zone.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think this next 20 game stretch is one of the most important in sharks' regular season history. If they continue stinking then some key guys will get dealt and if they miss the PO's, then it's gunna be a big blowup.

the key cogs are getting older and older. By bext year, Boyle 35 (nearly 36 by the PO's), Jumbo 32 (nearly 33), patty 32 (nearly 33), Murray 32, heater 31... Dougie has sacrificed the farm a lot to go for a cup the last several years, but it's starting to catch up with them.

This is a key moment when Dougie has to decide what direction this team is gunna go. Are they gunna stick with the Thornton-marleau-boyle core or are they gunna go in a new younger direction? Should be an interesting second half...

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get ready for more frustration tomorrow against that worthless, fucking goon squad in Anaheim. How big of a hole do the Sharks have to be in before Wilson makes a move? Wilson's plan for the D before the season: sit back with crossed fingers and hope that all goes well with this overall crappy group. Wilson fucked up big time before the season, and now the results are being seen. He should be out as GM at season's end, which probably won't happen. Whole season has been one fucking lousy pile of shit, with no hope of any improvement. Hard to have any pride in this team. :mad:

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First team to beat a defending SB champion in a playoff game when trailing by 10 points, not to mention winning a playoff game with a 7-9 record. Credit to them; two matchups between Carroll and Harbaugh next season after the labor issues get resolved.

Epic run by Lynch... Todd should force feed that footage to his top 3 "clockwork orange" style until they get the clue on how a champion wins the game.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wouldn't help. Pavelski has been one of the biggest disappointments this team has had this year. Putting him in the line-up is just adding another guy who hasn't been able to get anything done in the offensive zone.

He would help the PP for sure. He plays the point and has a nice shot from there. Clearly the sharks are lacking in that category now, so I think he would make a difference. I don't think its a coincidence that he goes down and the sharks go 2-4 getting shut out once and scoring only 1 in two more with just 13 goals in 6 games overall (2.17 GFA).

They do miss pavs, though I'm not saying that he is the magic bullet...

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caught a bad break there at the end. If Couture's shot goes in, and they win in OT, then all is well for one night, especially when they get 40+ shots. But they have a habit of getting alot of shots, but most of them the goalie sees because no one is regularly in front of the net.

About the Pavs reference, he isn't gonna help much either. He is in that large group consisting of Marleau, Thornton, Heately, McGinn, Mitchell, Seto, Boyle, Vlasic and Doug Wilson that are the big time underachievers this year. Huskin and Wallin, they aren't underachievers, that are just flat out bad. Only Couture and Clowe have overachieved. The rest of the motley crue is worthless Worchester crap or minimal impact players such Nichol and Mayers who have minimal impact on the overall results.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Get ready for more frustration tomorrow against that worthless, fucking goon squad in Anaheim. How big of a hole do the Sharks have to be in before Wilson makes a move? Wilson's plan for the D before the season: sit back with crossed fingers and hope that all goes well with this overall crappy group. Wilson fucked up big time before the season, and now the results are being seen. He should be out as GM at season's end, which probably won't happen. Whole season has been one fucking lousy pile of shit, with no hope of any improvement. Hard to have any pride in this team. :mad:

Not sure that I'd go this far to throw in the towel on the season. two weeks ago, the sharks were 1 point of the division and 4th overall in the conference. Obviously, they've been disappointing, but it's not over yet. I don't think they are that far from returning to cup contention. One good trade for a top pairing dman could make this team very different looking.

DW definitely fucked up huge time this offseason, but he has another month or so to fix his self-made problem. He is a pretty patient guy but has not shied away from making the big name deal when needed. If the sharks do make the PO's (as I still fully expect they will), then anything can happen. Regular seasons obviously arent too indicative of the PO's since the sharks have been one of the best regular season teams for years only to lose to 'weaker' teams. Judgment will ultimately be passed in april/may.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when are we gonna get a dman

heater trade was a waste

Heatley is a useless pile of garbage with his game right now. He could've had another 11 SOG in addition to his 11 SOG on Miller the other night and still not scored once. The ideal situation, though difficult, would be to try to get rid of the Big 3 and rebuild the core of the team for the future. The Big 3 Losers represent nothing but a stale, frustrating culture of losing and choking, especially Thornton and Marleau with the amount of time they've both spent with the Sharks.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Heatley is a useless pile of garbage with his game right now. He could've had another 11 SOG in addition to his 11 SOG on Miller the other night and still not scored once. The ideal situation, though difficult, would be to try to get rid of the Big 3 and rebuild the core of the team for the future. The Big 3 Losers represent nothing but a stale, frustrating culture of losing and choking, especially Thornton and Marleau with the amount of time they've both spent with the Sharks.

personally, I havent been that upset with heater. He isn't finishing that is what he's paid to do, but I feel like the effort has been there with him. He's been a plus player far more than minus over the last 10 or 15 games, and although its frustrating that he hasnt finished, he also hasnt taken a penalty is 11 games and isnt hurting the team.

Jumbo, on the other hand, has been god awful. he's been a minus player is 6 of the last 9 games, with all of 2 EV points in the last 12 games, not to mention a few pretty lazy penalties. Add that to patty's rediculous junk and it's pretty clear that it's those two that are hurting the team most.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...he also hasnt taken a penalty is 11 games...

It is nearly impossible for him to take a penalty anyways because he doesn't do anything but shoot. If he is not taking a shot, he is invisible...penalties included.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure that I'd go this far to throw in the towel on the season. two weeks ago, the sharks were 1 point of the division and 4th overall in the conference. Obviously, they've been disappointing, but it's not over yet. I don't think they are that far from returning to cup contention. One good trade for a top pairing dman could make this team very different looking.

DW definitely fucked up huge time this offseason, but he has another month or so to fix his self-made problem. He is a pretty patient guy but has not shied away from making the big name deal when needed. If the sharks do make the PO's (as I still fully expect they will), then anything can happen. Regular seasons obviously arent too indicative of the PO's since the sharks have been one of the best regular season teams for years only to lose to 'weaker' teams. Judgment will ultimately be passed in april/may.

True, what happens in the playoffs is how the season will be defined. Based on the playoff history with DW as GM, I think it's fair to say that the Sharks have been underachievers. He still has a lot to prove. People in Dallas, Carolina, and Anaheim have seen their teams win the Cup, while the Sharks have just been to two conference finals, looking bad in both. That's an unacceptable pile of shit, bottom line.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He would help the PP for sure. He plays the point and has a nice shot from there. Clearly the sharks are lacking in that category now, so I think he would make a difference. I don't think its a coincidence that he goes down and the sharks go 2-4 getting shut out once and scoring only 1 in two more with just 13 goals in 6 games overall (2.17 GFA).

Zero points from Pavs in 9 out of the last 12 games before his injury and he most likely would of be centering Mitchell and McGinn. I'm sorry but like most of this year, he probably wouldn't have made a lick of difference.

Demers and Marleau have done a better job than Pavs playing the point on the PP this year. Boyle and Marleau, in the rare occasion he plays the point, compliment each other very well back there and Demers has moved the puck much better than Pavelski.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's ironic that in the broadcast of tonight's game, Baker talked about the Sharks needing to score Mike Ricci type of goals, and it was Nashville that ended up with two of those kind of goals in front of the net. The Sharks have no clue or desire to win those battles in front or along the boards on a consistent basis. They have more of the white-collar mentality of playing with the puck and trying to make too many fancy passes on the perimeter rather than the blue-collar mentality of going hard to the net, creating screens in front, and scoring those "ugly" goals that determine the difference between winning and losing. Tonight's loss was a prime example of that.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pavs hasn't been that great this season... listen to what Cmon says. He's got it right again.

Pavs is a huge defensive liability at the point on the PP... I don't know how many more times he has to get beat on the boards for a 1-on-0 breakaway the other way until you realize that he isn't as great as you think he is.

Could he help the team when he comes back? Probably (because there sooo many shittier forwards on the team) but he's not missed THAT much.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's ironic that in the broadcast of tonight's game, Baker talked about the Sharks needing to score Mike Ricci type of goals, and it was Nashville that ended up with two of those kind of goals in front of the net. The Sharks have no clue or desire to win those battles in front or along the boards on a consistent basis. They have more of the white-collar mentality of playing with the puck and trying to make too many fancy passes on the perimeter rather than the blue-collar mentality of going hard to the net, creating screens in front, and scoring those "ugly" goals that determine the difference between winning and losing. Tonight's loss was a prime example of that.

They have a hard time scoring goals like that because no one on the point can get shots through for 2nd chance oppertunities. The few they do get through are often not hard enough to result in a rebound. It's the biggest reason ES scoring is down. Heatley's bread and butter is hanging around the net for 2nd chance oppertunities. Marleau and Pavelski as well. I haven't looked at the stats but I'd be willing to bet the Sharks are close to, if not the, top team at having thier shots blocked.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he doesn't make a move, this team in its current state will not make the PO's, which may actually force the organization to wake up and look to change its philosophy. Looking at the contracts handed to the Big 3, it's painfully obvious that the organization doesn't put as emphasis as it should on the intangibles, such as a player's work ethic, will, heart, character, and leadership. Ryane Clowe, while not as skilled as any of the Big 3, has more of the necessary intangibles by himself than the Big 3 combined.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a hard time scoring goals like that because no one on the point can get shots through for 2nd chance oppertunities. The few they do get through are often not hard enough to result in a rebound. It's the biggest reason ES scoring is down. Heatley's bread and butter is hanging around the net for 2nd chance oppertunities. Marleau and Pavelski as well. I haven't looked at the stats but I'd be willing to bet the Sharks are close to, if not the, top team at having thier shots blocked.

Yeah, the blocked shots against and not getting pucks through have also been a huge problem. At one point late in the 2nd period and down 3-0 vs. Buffalo, Baker mentioned that the SOG by SJ were almost equal to the BS by BUF.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing the puck ring off the post in the final seconds nearly gave my a heart attack, lol. I thought for sure SJ was about to tie it. Anyway, good game Sharks!

Preds are one streaky team. They won 5, lost 5, and now have won 5. Next game is tomorrow night vs the Wild. Gotta start winning at home!