• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: GDT: Devils @ Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO shit, that last 5 minutes of the 2nd was horrible. Christ, how the hell do you give that last one up??

You could see it coming too.

Flyers were buzzing that entire final 10 minutes.

They dont call the 3-0 lead the most dangerous lead in hockey for nothing.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wow how bad can Salvador get in one summer? Not much he is always this bad

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also can Cory make a big save?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not pretty but I'll take it.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Entertaining if sloppy game. Not the way you can play all year but lots of positives.

and best of all a WIN 7 games earlier than last year

KingOfNJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That last 5 minutes in the 2nd was hard to watch.

Salvador looked terrible, I thought all 4 lines meshed well. Hope the lines stick for the 1st month and some real chemistry can develop.

A win's a win. I'll take it!

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That last 5 minutes in the 2nd was hard to watch.

Salvador looked terrible, I thought all 4 lines meshed well. Hope the lines stick for the 1st month and some real chemistry can develop.

A win's a win. I'll take it!

I'm expecting this to happen often throughout the season. Only have 1 dman that can be relied upon.

I really want to see a progressive turn and trash the standard 4th line. The Devils have the cap space to put together a high paid scoring 4th line, yet they still go with sub-million grinders. It's even more frustrating when the players all suck on special teams.
It showed vs the Flyers. 4th lines traded hits and penalties and did nothing effective on the ice. The main exception is that the Flyers pay 3x as much for their Defense than the Devils do and cannot afford more than sub-million grinders.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That goal by Zubrus was a beaut, fake pass, snipe it shortside, just like how you would do it in NHL 15.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That goal by Zubrus was a beaut, fake pass, snipe it shortside, just like how you would do it in NHL 15.

Doobee... I was going to get NHL15 for the xbox 1, but I heard that it doesn't even have season play where you can pick your favorite team and just play a season like all other hockey games... is this true? I have seen you talk about the game a lot... and this is the first hockey game for the next gen consoles... but it heard it was missing a lot of game features... can you just pick a team and play a whole season and try and win the cup??? And if not..,.. why the hell would they take that out?????

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doobee... I was going to get NHL15 for the xbox 1, but I heard that it doesn't even have season play where you can pick your favorite team and just play a season like all other hockey games... is this true? I have seen you talk about the game a lot... and this is the first hockey game for the next gen consoles... but it heard it was missing a lot of game features... can you just pick a team and play a whole season and try and win the cup??? And if not..,.. why the hell would they take that out?????

It's sort of true, although they omitted Season Mode they got GM Mode instead. They are missing a lot of modes tho. From what I've read, they didn't have the time to include all the modes by the release date and they're trying to patch them in.

Don't pay $60 bucks for the game if you get it tho. I would wait for the price to come down or buy it used. Only reason I paid $60 for it is because I like to play Online Versus Mode, which has remained intact.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense looked great
The D looked bad
The PK struggled
Officiating was suspect
Holding on and winning a game that could have went either way was impressive

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Salvador already has a limited skill set, at the very least he needs to be able to keep guys out of the crease. The Flyers crashed the net hard and our D didn't have an answer. Keeping people out of the crease will need to be priority number 1 for the D moving forward. The physical teams like Boston and Philly will exploit that every time if it's not addressed.

Outside of that, I liked the offense a lot. Passing on the PP could be better, there was some sloppy passing going on. But the forecheck was solid, the awareness and chemistry when moving through the neutral zone was top notch, besides not clearing the front of the net I thought the D was serviceable. Schneider despite giving up 4 goals actually made a lot of quality saves, particularly the last minute flurry in the first.

Plenty to work on but at the same time plenty of positives to take away from that one.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, nothing new but we got crushed in the faceoff circle. The only guy we had that was over 50% is a converted winger (Elias).

Henrique: 38%
Zajac: 39%
Elias: 53%
Gionta: 44%
Zubrus: 0%

This absolutely must improve. If you really want to fast forward to potentially being in the playoffs, that alone will be the difference between winning and losing a series.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well that game took a turn.... I guess I won't ever not watch the final 5 mins of a 2nd period when we're up by 3.... lol

well we won, we won and that's all it matters right? I would've had a better postgame response with a 3-0 win rather than a 6-4 final....

It was shocking, for me, to see the devils to answer back and take the leads after the momentum change in favor of Philly....

It was disappointing to see Cory gave up so many goals... that's not right. I recall last season the guy would stonewall puck after puck but his offense couldn't get him help...

Good movement of the puck, Ryder is going to be strong for us, I like it...

what I don't like and it will show, is that we're slow... i'm not calling us fast at all...

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well that game took a turn.... I guess I won't ever not watch the final 5 mins of a 2nd period when we're up by 3.... lol

well we won, we won and that's all it matters right? I would've had a better postgame response with a 3-0 win rather than a 6-4 final....

It was shocking, for me, to see the devils to answer back and take the leads after the momentum change in favor of Philly....

It was disappointing to see Cory gave up so many goals... that's not right. I recall last season the guy would stonewall puck after puck but his offense couldn't get him help...

Good movement of the puck, Ryder is going to be strong for us, I like it...

what I don't like and it will show, is that we're slow... i'm not calling us fast at all...

Felt the same way about my Pens last night. Awesome we won, awesome we scored 6 goals, but boy do we have a lot of work to do on defense. Very similar games, we both blew a 3-0 lead & we both won 6-4.

Fun games to watch but this is not how you want to win every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.